Page 159 of 197 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,770 of 5892
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amir FC View Post
    waiting for second half of TFC game, just watched a minute of Agos, lol never seen so many empty seats. I bet most TV ratings for CFL comes from west coast or cities where they got nothing to do.
    Nah, the CFL is struggling even in Vancouver. Mostly midsize towns and the cow belt (prairies) follows the CFL. They have so few teams and games that the same people watch most of the games for all the teams.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That is not the "Argos Revival" many were hoping for.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the photo. Phew, no dirty Argo fan butts sullying in my seats.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, it seems they're pumping noise in the stadium. Was out in liberty village, could hear the crowd, and even the whistle all the way to the plaza parking lot. I doubt the stadium noise with that crowd should carry that far.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 07-13-2016 at 08:43 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
    Oh my god. You'd never guess this based on watching on TV. They haven't dared show that wide shot. They're trying to show angles that make it look full.

I borderline think they are pumping in crowd noise.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rod Black gave 3 excuses on the broadcast, mentioned Duran Duran concert twice, road closures/traffic, and the heat.
    I just find the media push begging people to come to games to be rather comical.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that's the baseline that the Argos have to work from.

This should in theory be their worst attendance of the season. The Monday night game on the 25th vs. Montreal should see a tad more but it won't be pretty either.

As I said, its going to take 5 seasons to turn this around and they are going to have to do a SERIOUS rethink of marketing and pricing.

I notice they blame the concert - would an Argo fan avoid going down to the Ex after 1 game due to parking?!?!?! Oh wait, they all drive don't they.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 07-13-2016 at 09:10 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bargs7 View Post
    I think the only time TFC got that low was a meaningless CCL game in late October vs. Arabe Unido.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First they complain the Rogers Center is too gloomy and cavernous, now BMO is too warm and theres too much sunlight lol. Whats next, complaining that Lamport stadiums atmosphere is too electric (when they eventually move there)? So much for all the big talk about becoming the chief tenant in BMO Field, burying TFC and even criticizing us if just one of our games isnt a sellout. Now that the fake (free tickets for all and probably getting Bell employees to attend) publicity stunt of their home opener is out of the way, their true level of support outside the prairies is here for all to see: less than 9000 for a bloody home game on a beautiful warm evening, i dont think we ever had that when we had a 20k stadium and rain storms.
    Last edited by mistercorporate; 07-13-2016 at 09:16 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they do it right, they should eventually be able to average about 20K. That is a realistic target if the games are primarily on weekends and the product on the field is decent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glaze View Post
    Rod Black gave 3 excuses on the broadcast, mentioned Duran Duran concert twice, road closures/traffic, and the heat.
    I just find the media push begging people to come to games to be rather comical.
    These are three of the most hilarious excuses I've ever heard.

1) our aging fan base is occupied.
    2) the roads are clogged (welcome to Toronto, pretty much every day of the summer).
    3) the weather is too nice.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are planning on taking your family to the Grey Cup at BMO, start saving now!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I was doing research on which team had more attendence for their first two games at BMO this season. And it showed that TFC's attendence was 90% full and the Argos had BMO 70% filled.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adamo23 View Post
    So I was doing research on which team had more attendence for their first two games at BMO this season. And it showed that TFC's attendence was 90% full and the Argos had BMO 70% filled.
    Don't forget that TFC have more seats to sell and they have to sell twice as many games than Argos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lennon View Post
    I think the only time TFC got that low was a meaningless CCL game in late October vs. Arabe Unido.
    we had some pretty spare crowds last year post expansion IIRC, i can think of a number of games where there were less than 20 fans in my section.

way better this year

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Petor View Post
    If you are planning on taking your family to the Grey Cup at BMO, start saving now!

Interestinggggg..: what is that behind the south end?? Grey A and Grey B?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Interestinggggg..: what is that behind the south end?? Grey A and Grey B?
    I believe they are bringing in roll away seating for the Grey Cup.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It will sell out. That will be reduced capacity compared to most Grey Cup venues. New venue outside will draw lots of people who only go to Grey Cups.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless my colour vision is wrong, my seats for the Grey Cup cost more than they do for my annual season ticket with TFC.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a sorry state of affairs when u only get 12,000 for a season opener. There's no excuses, TFC had the same conditions (actually worse with WWE across the street) around the stadium last Wednesday and still 26,000 showed up. Argos have tried to change the market but it isn't listening, they need to adapt to what the market is saying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

12K+ for the game last name was reported to be the worst attendance since 2001 - which also happened to be a Wednesday game. The strategy was to play the night after the all-star game (baseball) when there's little else, and it seemed like a great plan, but didn't play out.

I'm not a CFL fan, but the reality is in the US, CFL games on tape delay actually has more viewership than an average live MLS game. They love their football. The Wednesday game didn't turn out great attendance wise, but EPSN could benefit down South for the scheduled game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've said before - but they have a generation of fans used to sitting indoors. Imagine a November game at BMO? No one will be there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The excuses I've heard:

Concert taking place, Traffic and parking and heat

Country Concert - Thats the environment you live in now, molson amp has shows upto 5 or more days a week in the summer and if you can't compete with duran duran then you are in trouble. Nothing else was going on in toronto yesterday, no Jays, no major shows downtown, no other sports on TV (other than us of course). This was a prime spot to take a shot at being the big fish in the city for a night and they failed miserably.

Traffic and Parking - Welcome to Toronto? Traffic wasn't bad, I drove from Burlington to downtown to watch the TFC game with some friends and traffic was lighter than normal. It took me 1 hour 15 min to get from Appleby line to wheat sheaf while having to pick someone up in parkdale and find a parking spot. Parking around BMO is always tough and will get worse over time.

The heat - If perfect weather is needed you may get 1 or 2 games a year with it at best. You are now at an outdoor venue and have to deal with the elements (heat, rain, cold, snow etc)

They either have a market that really wants the product or they don't and it is continually looking like they don't.

Pitch held up i believe but it will in good weather.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be fair to Argo fans the few there are, the ticket pricing is absurd, Top price for the Argos is 250$ compare that to the green riders where the top price is 100$ and demand is sky high, it's no wonder the stadium is empty. Bills in Toronto fiasco all over again price wise

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Argos fans are full of excuses...Couldn't sell out the home opener after giving away a few thousand seats then they complain about the Weather, concert, Indy barricades for last nights attendance. Had to remake BMO for this shit show is appalling. Move the team to Lamport or York U already!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zamperina View Post
    Argos fans are full of excuses...Couldn't sell out the home opener after giving away a few thousand seats then they complain about the Weather, concert, Indy barricades for last nights attendance. Had to remake BMO for this shit show is appalling. Move the team to Lamport or York U already!
    Personal foul. Piling on. 15 yards. First down.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The worst part of this whole scenario was that the franchise would really be on shaky ground with the old owners, but now this MLSEish enterprise will push hard to remedy it and get their investment / return on it. Overall I would be happy to see them recover the franchise if it wasn't on that field.

This has to be a very alarming sign to Argo fans and ownership.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil