Page 109 of 197 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,270 of 5892
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and there is this...

the Texans...as the primary tenant.
    aren't happy with their own turf...and going artificial.

http://deadspin.com/the-texans-will-...ass-1731671318

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
    I am curious how pricing will go in 2016.
    the team is awesome this year.
    Giovinco alone is a reason to come to the pitch.
    Even in the rain.

MLSE has always said they will jack prices when the team finally performs and makes the playoffs.

but the Supply of tix is so much greater than demand.
    crazy swaths of empty seats in the upper East side.

they really can't justify much more than inflation.
    I feel like Larscum has already hinted at it. Them east stand tickets will barely move, but south stand tickets are going up for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we know the answer to that question is MLSE always thinks they can do better than everyone else but it rarely ever actually happens. Although all ads for argo games will be added digitally so nothing on the actual grass expect in endzone.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure if anyone watching the NFL noticed various lines and messages on the fields.

I believe it was Jax that had ghosted messages on the field.
    and this is florida, prime grass growing weather.
    and the billons and billions behind the NFL...and they couldn't get all the messages and paint off the grass.
    what makes MLSE think they can do it better?

I don't think they were is anything to suggest they can do better. Its a hope and a prayer at best.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, anything more than a 10 % increase (and that only with a top 4, or first round win if fifth or sixth) would be ludicrous. Like Pint mentioned new seasons, in the supporters, this year were around $360...that would bump them up to about $400. Any more than that price, why keep them...other than to be with your supporters group of choice? I can easily get tickets for pretty much every game, I know because I've purchased many for the better half's boys, for the same OR LESS than I paid for my two seasons.
    As for those paying first year seasons prices, how bad would a 10 % increase really be?
    The upper east stand pricing is a joke. Way overpriced. Think I've had at least five emails from TFC this year offering me tickets at a minimum of 40% off.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How would they justify a price hike when they are getting another income? I won't be paying more for the pleasure of a shit pitch, thanks. Give our price hike to the "rabid Argos fan who can't wait for an outdoor stadium again".

It would be a gesture to re-enforce the priority they claim to have for TFC.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    How would they justify a price hike when they are getting another income? I won't be paying more for the pleasure of a shit pitch, thanks. Give our price hike to the "rabid Argos fan who can't wait for an outdoor stadium again".

Yeah, the shit pitch/retractable seats/north end destruction are all HUGE minuses for all of us. As for justifying price increases....this is MLSE we're talking about. So, paying DP salaries/stadium improvements (gag) etc, etc. I will be amazed if there is no increase.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jacksonville doesn't really care anymore - that team is going to move.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FRANKIE65 View Post
    Yeah, the shit pitch/retractable seats/north end destruction are all HUGE minuses for all of us. As for justifying price increases....this is MLSE we're talking about. So, paying DP salaries/stadium improvements (gag) etc, etc. I will be amazed if there is no increase.
    It all hinges on "making the playoffs" as far as I'm concerned. Marginal increase for making it… a little higher if they go further.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the current ticket pricing structure is very reasonable, and while a nominal increase next season would be tolerable, the front office has to walk a very fine line in light of the situation with the Argos ground sharing.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the Argo ground sharing isn't known by most SSH. And the amount that would choose not to show up due to that is limited, for now. I would suspect the south end increase will be minimal as they know that goose lays golden eggs.

Most of the West and 110-111 will go up I bet.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 09-21-2015 at 04:20 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I think the Argo ground sharing isn't known by most SSH. And the amount that would choose not to show up due to that is limited, for now. I would suspect the south end increase will be minimal. The most likely increase would be on the West side.
    The first is frustrating, the second I'm not as concerned about as much as I just want people to know what they are getting into. The lack of transparency is getting worse by the week. The more "P" game talk, the more renewal talk but without a surface solution NOW, people will feel cheated this time next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and there is this...

the Texans...as the primary tenant.
    aren't happy with their own turf...and going artificial.

http://deadspin.com/the-texans-will-...ass-1731671318
    whoa whoa whoa that article says they lay down artificial turf there for college and h.s. games, also in trays. So somehow this place has a convertible surface system. Ok, one that doesn't seem to be working well but still, I'd like to know more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and the real turf under it isn't a hybrid system

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Houston Texans' system uses trays, which is crap. I think that's clear from the article & from lots of other experiences (e.g., when trays are used for international soccer friendlies, etc.). There are always problems with the seams, causing player injuries, bumpy surface affecting play, etc. It might work OK now & then, e.g., for a friendly, but it's not a solution for permanent groundshare.

And regarding the comment above, about hybrid grass: latest we have heard is that BMO with the Argos probably won't be hybrid either. Based on experiences with hybrid in the UK, and from the NFL (Denver Broncos & Green Bay Packers), they realized repairs are still necessary with hybrid grass. But because of the artificial fibres running through it, you can't easily replace patches of hybrid grass like you can regular grass. The Denver Broncos for example actually regrow patches of grass in place between games, planting both seeds & pre-sprouted grass seedlings into the hybrid turf.

Regrowing patches works somewhat with the generous spacing between many NFL home games. It will never work for BMO, with TFC (MLS/CONCACAF/friendlies), CFL, rugby, national teams, etc.

The problem is, hybrid prevents most damage related to chunks if grass being torn out. It does not prevent surface damage & muddiness which can happen especially during a rain storm. Did you guys observe where the linesmen were running along the sidelines during Saturday's game in a rain storm? Those strips of grass were completely dark & muddy. That's a single relatively light guy running back and forth, w/o playing or really digging in. Nothing like the wear & tear during a CFL game.

I think at BMO they're going to try a hardier blend of grass (not hybrid); and grow lights & other gimmicks to promote growth. Major damage will be repaired by replacing sections of grass during the season (which of course also causes problems with seams, bumpiness, varying look & feel to the surface, etc.). And they're going to keep their fingers crossed. Very professional approach.

One rainstorm like Saturday during a CFL game, and we're screwed. And we're screwed anyway due to the long-term wear, and scheduling impacts. It's gonna be crap.
    Last edited by Auzzy; 09-21-2015 at 04:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It won't be hybrid next season .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who knows how they will. But the reset of prices back to year one was to keep the remaining SSH base from walking out when prices where at the peak and the club was at an all time low. As soon as any modicum of success happens, that price reset is going to start getting rolled back. The only way prices don't go up is if we don't make the playoffs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FRANKIE65 View Post
    Personally, anything more than a 10 % increase (and that only with a top 4, or first round win if fifth or sixth) would be ludicrous. Like Pint mentioned new seasons, in the supporters, this year were around $360...that would bump them up to about $400. Any more than that price, why keep them...other than to be with your supporters group of choice? I can easily get tickets for pretty much every game, I know because I've purchased many for the better half's boys, for the same OR LESS than I paid for my two seasons.
    As for those paying first year seasons prices, how bad would a 10 % increase really be?
    The upper east stand pricing is a joke. Way overpriced. Think I've had at least five emails from TFC this year offering me tickets at a minimum of 40% off.
    Assuming we make the playoffs (which I suspect will be the trigger for a price hike), don't assume it is going to be a flat increase across tiers. In a given section/price point - I fully expect to see a larger percentage increase to year one ticket pricing than newer, higher priced tickets as they start rolling back the year one discount.

I also don't see potential Argos field damage factoring in here. That will come next year when there is actual damage, and only if they they think they will lose a substantial number of SSH's as a result. This year they will ride the feel good "we finally made the playoffs - we are a success" card

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

apples and oranges, motherfuckers!!

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw the Oakland Raiders game on the weekend, its played right over the full on baseball diamond. I wonder how those lines wash out and the state of the grass? Now I realize the temperature and conditions are easier to manage the surface, but I saw very little tear on the field.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I saw the Oakland Raiders game on the weekend, its played right over the full on baseball diamond. I wonder how those lines wash out and the state of the grass? Now I realize the temperature and conditions are easier to manage the surface, but I saw very little tear on the field.
    Off to wiki I go...

The Raiders play at O.co coliseum on Tifway II Bermuda Grass.

off to nfl.com I go...

apparently the nfl is in their second week and the Raiders have played at home 2 weeks in a row. So while that's impressive if the A's have had home games as well and the grass is holding up, 2 weeks isn't half a season which is what BMO will be dealing with before the swap out of grass surface.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 09-22-2015 at 08:51 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the Argo ground sharing isn't known by most SSH. And the amount that would choose not to show up due to that is limited, for now. I would suspect the south end increase will be minimal as they know that goose lays golden eggs.

Most of the West and 110-111 will go up I bet.
    The first is frustrating, the second I'm not as concerned about as much as I just want people to know what they are getting into. The lack of transparency is getting worse by the week. The more "P" game talk, the more renewal talk but without a surface solution NOW, people will feel cheated this time next year.
    It's begun.

If one is a facebooker I suggest asking the question for STH's that aren't aware.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Green Bay is hybrid I believe and didn't look too bad... mind you it was their opening day.

I am more worried that every cfl team plays on artificial. The women's world cup was played on artificial, too many excuses for mlse to go back to that surface.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Off to wiki I go...

The Raiders play at O.co coliseum on Tifway II Bermuda Grass.

off to nfl.com I go...

apparently the nfl is in their second week and the Raiders have played at home 2 weeks in a row. So while that's impressive if the A's have had home games as well and the grass is holding up, 2 weeks isn't half a season which is what BMO will be dealing with before the swap out of grass surface.
    The bay area climate is a pretty large factor IMO. You won't get the September/Oct type weather their you get here.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's begun.

If one is a facebooker I suggest asking the question for STH's that aren't aware.
    Free ticket to October match and $30 minimum off per match for early bird pricing + priority access (whatever that means anymore). Methinks demand is not what they thought it would be.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Free ticket to October match and $30 minimum off per match for early bird pricing + priority access (whatever that means anymore). Methinks demand is not what they thought it would be.
    We don't know what sections they are offering this in but regardless this is the time people need to be made aware what they are getting into.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's almost time for the playoff ticket dangle. Have to lock in your seats next year to guarantee your playoff seats this year. Just wait it will be here soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the 30,000 reno is to big for TFC to sell tickets, seems like we are getting about 18,000-25,000 fans a game, leaving thousands of unsold tickets for just about every single game, making it unnecessary to buy season tickets this year for many fans unless you can actually attend all the games. Its hard to get rid of tickets, and myself only being able to make it to about half the games (due to mostly work this year) it makes wonder why buy seasons tickets next year if prices go up and its rather easy to get cheap tickets for individual games at pretty much every game this year.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not $30 off per match. It's tickets from $30 per match. Big difference.
    Another summer of hope!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Miko View Post
    It's not $30 off per match. It's tickets from $30 per match. Big difference.
    Hmm...good call. That would mean nobody on that list is going in the south end.

From that figure, we can work out a probable price increase.

Anybody know the price for the lowest tier games this year in the light greys?