Page 137 of 197 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147187 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,110 of 5892
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx View Post
    looks like TSN has locked in the eastern semi final at 1pm Nov 13, eastern final at 1pm Nov 20, grey cup 630 Nov 27
    Yup, the same days that ESPN and Fox Sports have locked up their dates for MLS playoffs, except for the international date on November 13.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So if TFC were to hold the second game of the eastern final when would that be?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm encouraged by the schedule. Initially it seems an effort was made to space out the dates. Let's now hope for no rain games, and no home playoff games for the argos.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I just hope they don't overdo it in future years. Back when TFC was a guaranteed sellout, MLS figured we would put up any crappy weather. So they front-loaded TFC's home schedule, March - May, when the weather is often crap, and freezing cold by the lake. We hardly had any summer or early fall home games as a result. So I just hope the home/away schedule is balanced in future years, which will still allow more time for Argos scheduling, w/o going overboard.

We are of the same mind. I don't want to get ahead of ourselves but this season they are doing the absolute best they can with the Argos sharing with a full schedule. I don't for one second believe this is the way it will be as early as next year. They will slipping in more events that they've had previously to maximize multi use.

But...one challenge at a time. Now we're a full time groundshare stadium and let's give them time to impress or...not.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of consideration for TFC went into planning the Argos schedule, as promised. The shortest time frame between matches is 6 days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spe18 View Post
    Yup, the same days that ESPN and Fox Sports have locked up their dates for MLS playoffs, except for the international date on November 13.
    my biggest worry of the whole share stadium with TFC/Argos was the November schedule. MLS playoffs and CFL playoffs collide...I am not sure what they would do if it turned out Arogs and TFC both have a home playoff game on the same weekend...even if it didn't happen this year, it would most likely happen eventually (unless future CFL or MLS playoff games get pushed back into December, unlikely tho)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, if the schedule gets too tight, the Argos can always count on Tim Horton stadium in Hamilton. Very comfortable there and at least half their fans showed up for their last game there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    at rogers centre i assume.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't talk much soccer since coming on here, Sparky.

Mostly catfood. And saying Rogers Centre is an option is just another scoop of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The roof will help old in some heat, The game can be played at BMO without much issue. I've happily sat there at the end of November to watch the MLS CUP. Even the March is possible for CONCACAF.

BMO can handle it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    The roof will help old in some heat, The game can be played at BMO without much issue. I've happily sat there at the end of November to watch the MLS CUP. Even the March is possible for CONCACAF.

BMO can handle it.
    isn't the second leg on Nov 27 this year.
    Last edited by Onyx; 02-20-2016 at 11:26 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx View Post
    isn't the second leg on Nov 27 this year.
    In all likely hood, yes, with the MLS Cup been scheduled for "early December".

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/0...-you-need-know

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhitenorf View Post
    You don't talk much soccer since coming on here, Sparky.

Mostly catfood. And saying Rogers Centre is an option is just another scoop of it.
    Really? Because I see plenty of soccer talk. You don't like his assumption that has precedent? So be it, but its a logical assumption.

I'll attack the logic of it but not the one making it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We don't always have to factor in the grey cup
    Playoffs are a maximum of one home game, either the semi or the final
    So next year, in theory the argos may host no postseason games,
    Plus our schedule will be more spread out by having home games earlier than may.
    I'm cautiously optimistic.... until at least the first major rainfall during an argos game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glaze View Post
    I'm cautiously optimistic.... until at least the first major rainfall during an argos game.
    Then they'd better have that replacement turf ready for a rip 'n replace job within a week...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Then they'd better have that replacement turf ready for a rip 'n replace job within a week...
    They've already got two pitches sitting ready to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    my biggest worry of the whole share stadium with TFC/Argos was the November schedule. MLS playoffs and CFL playoffs collide...I am not sure what they would do if it turned out Arogs and TFC both have a home playoff game on the same weekend...even if it didn't happen this year, it would most likely happen eventually (unless future CFL or MLS playoff games get pushed back into December, unlikely tho)
    I would assume that since TFC is the primary tenant that we would get the priority for the home playoff date. Similar to how the Argos had to move over for the Jays.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    I would assume that since TFC is the primary tenant that we would get the priority for the home playoff date. Similar to how the Argos had to move over for the Jays.
    MLS playoff games would likely be the day or two before.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For a home play-off date, sure. For a pre-arranged event like the final for the Earl Grey Cup for Amateur Rugby - probably not.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Note the wording in the press release by MLSE.

Originally opened in April, 2007, BMO Field is the home to Toronto FC of Major League Soccer and will add the CFL’s Toronto Argonauts as a tenant this summer.
    Apart from that one bit, there is no mention of the Argos. Its all about TFC.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Note the wording in the press release by MLSE.

Apart from that one bit, there is no mention of the Argos. Its all about TFC.
    Oddly enough yesterday from Bell/TSN/Sportscentre

https://twitter.com/SportsCentre/sta...42370052087809

They then tweeted a similar post a few hours later adding in TFC lol

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup, likely caused MLSE to take a thorough look at its press release.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    For a home play-off date, sure. For a pre-arranged event like the final for the Earl Grey Cup for Amateur Rugby - probably not.
    OMG. Well Said.

"They're ruining Rugby!" - Argos legend Joe "The King" Krol

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    They've already got two pitches sitting ready to go.
    Again, it's not the availability that's the issue but the time necessary to root. VERY time restricted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again I will ask the question I have asked a few times already but still no one has been able to answer it yet. If we go by last years playoffs and the playoff format is the same, moreover, the US TV contract calls for Sunday playoff games again, if everything stays the same as last year where the conference finals were home and away and both the home and away games played a week apart on consecutive Sundays, then this would mean that if TFC were to host the second game of the eastern final it would fall on the same Sunday as the Grey Cup right? So therefore where would this game be played, Rogers Center, Lamport, Tim Horton's Field in Hamilton? Where would it be played because it sure will not be BMO that Sunday because of the Grey Cup being played on that Sunday!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again I will ask the question I have asked a few times already but still no one has been able to answer it yet. If we go by last years playoffs and the playoff format is the same, moreover, the US TV contract calls for Sunday playoff games again, if everything stays the same as last year where the conference finals were home and away and both the home and away games played a week apart on consecutive Sundays, then this would mean that if TFC were to host the second game of the eastern final it would fall on the same Sunday as the Grey Cup right? So therefore where would this game be played, Rogers Center, Lamport, Tim Horton's Field in Hamilton? Where would it be played because it sure will not be BMO that Sunday because of the Grey Cup being played on that Sunday!
    You haven't gotten an answer because nobody knows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well It will be a real kick in the ass to us loyal suffering TFC fans that have suffered through 8 brutal seasons and a so so 9th. season last year along with that disaster in Montreal in the knockout game at the end, to finally make a conference final with a chance to go to the MLS Cup and facing the probability of not being able to play at your home field because of CFL football, that would be something lol!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zeelaw View Post
    Oddly enough yesterday from Bell/TSN/Sportscentre

https://twitter.com/SportsCentre/sta...42370052087809

They then tweeted a similar post a few hours later adding in TFC lol
    Lol. My favourite part of that whole thread is our old friend Mulder taking the piss about the Argos. Here's the kicker: his Twitter profile describes him as a redblacks fan who also cheers for the Argos. A bunch of the other guys follow a similar pattern. So basically it's a bunch of CFL die hards from other markets talking about how great the Argos will do in Toronto (without knowing anything about it).

But then again if I made 30k a year and spent half my day drunk on cheap Pilsner i might think the same thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what SoccerMan2 explains what I am worried about, in last years playoffs semi final MLS games have come on same dates as CFL playoffs before, including this up coming season, techniaclly Toronto FC could draw a semi final match on the same day as the Grey Cup in Toronto!!!( if it follows the same format as last years playoffs).

Its easy to change and adjust season games, changing MLS and CFL playoffs and Grey Cup matches can be a bit harder. Playoff TV contracts in both these 2 leagues (CFL and MLS) in which all teams play playoff games on Sundays!! Last year all semi final 2 leg games in MLS were played on 2 consecutive Sundays.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think they do the same thing they are doing with the grass this upcoming season - holding there breath and hoping it all works out in the end, hoping these issues don't arise and hoping htey don't have to cross that bridge when they get there. And if it all happens to work out this year they will probably say "see we told you its all fine, things are running great at BMO Field" .

I hope everything does work out at BMO field, I just don't think they actually have real answers to all these questions, I think they will try hard to please everybody, but I also think they are taking a bit of a wild gamble hoping everything holds up ok without real prove any of this will all work out.