Page 110 of 197 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,300 of 5892
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Hmm...good call. That would mean nobody on that list is going in the south end.

From that figure, we can work out a probable price increase.

Anybody know the price for the lowest tier games this year in the light greys?
    My light Grey Season ticket prior to the drop back to 2007 was $399 per seat. Since the decrease it has been $228. This year the early bird renewal was $228. Regular priced renewal was $360 and the new season ticket holder price was $399, back to where it was before. So it should give you some perspective on where a increase could go.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm...good call. That would mean nobody on that list is going in the south end.

From that figure, we can work out a probable price increase.

Anybody know the price for the lowest tier games this year in the light greys?
    In 226 the cheapest were $24 I think.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Discostu81 View Post
    In 226 the cheapest were $24 I think.
    Hmm...given medium Greys lower tier is $20, I assume then they are talking average per game.

Medium Greys new were $760 a season back in January. That's $40 a game. A renewal for me was $30 a game.

So either the $30 price would be

a) for light greys or yellows
    b) they are planning on adding a tier between light and medium grey
    c) there is no increase planned

Clear as mud.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember seeing a list of each sports team in Toronto and how much the average season ticket holder fan make each year that support the Leafs, Blue Jays, Argos, TFC, Raptors and I think Marlies to. Oddly they ranked TFC fans as some of the highest salaries, up there with the Leafs fans, I wondered how on earth did they get those stats to begin with when I was thinking I myself was never asked how much do I earn a year at any point when buying season tickets with TFC and neither did my friends, and another thinking was....really TFC fans most wealthy??? I am pretty sure most people I have attended TFC games with could never afford Leafs seasons or even Raptor season tickets. I think prices raises is hard for many TFC fans as a lot can't afford high ticket prices. It hurt TFC back in around 2009 when tickets had doubled from 2007. Not to say fans can't pay a little small price increase but its hard sell for TFC, and fans I think really do struggle when prices increase a lot.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    the 30,000 reno is to big for TFC to sell tickets, seems like we are getting about 18,000-25,000 fans a game, leaving thousands of unsold tickets for just about every single game, making it unnecessary to buy season tickets this year for many fans unless you can actually attend all the games. Its hard to get rid of tickets, and myself only being able to make it to about half the games (due to mostly work this year) it makes wonder why buy seasons tickets next year if prices go up and its rather easy to get cheap tickets for individual games at pretty much every game this year.
    This is the exact reason I am 2 years now without seats. This was true before expansion and true after.

I can see "yellows" renewing but for most other sections it becomes emotional rather than financially logical.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends upon why you buy a ticket and where you go.

Last season, my area in 221 was filled with people who showed up for one game and then were replaced the next game by others. This year, there's a bit more cohesion with a few more talkative people. That atmosphere is what people prefer and is why people will buy seasons over buying a ticket here and there.

Its not just the south end that likes to go to be with the people around.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    This is the exact reason I am 2 years now without seats. This was true before expansion and true after.

I can see "yellows" renewing but for most other sections it becomes emotional rather than financially logical.
    Depends upon why you buy a ticket and where you go.

Last season, my area in 221 was filled with people who showed up for one game and then were replaced the next game by others. This year, there's a bit more cohesion with a few more talkative people. That atmosphere is what people prefer and is why people will buy seasons over buying a ticket here and there.

Its not just the south end that likes to go to be with the people around.
    Yellow and Light Grey are pretty close in price and really quite reasonable, the real jump comes with medium Grey. I for one will new renewing my pair of light greys as it is not even a question to me.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

probably a wee bit of topic, but seen a good article last night re how Leicester City in PL are preparing to stage games in the current Rugby world Cup at their King Power stadium, due to the local Rugby stadium in Leicester being too small to stage them. The heads groundsman was on, and he mentioned the infamous easy to remove lines. He also mentioned that they are purposely letting the grass grow longer for the rugby games and practices than they would for football. I know it's not CFL and it's not a whole season but perhaps worth keeping an eye on anyway to see how pitch holds up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I, as much as the next supporter, hate to see MLSE gouging us....BUT...how many guys paying $10, give or take, for a seat per game don't hesitate to buy 2, 3, 4 - eleven or twelve dollar beers per game. Yet will still cry over a 5 or 10% increase?
    Go ahead and shit on me, but, think about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FRANKIE65 View Post
    I, as much as the next supporter, hate to see MLSE gouging us....BUT...how many guys paying $10, give or take, for a seat per game don't hesitate to buy 2, 3, 4 - eleven or twelve dollar beers per game. Yet will still cry over a 5 or 10% increase?
    Good point, but it goes the other way as well. The ticket cost is the least amount of money MLSE pulls from people in the south end, so if they are smart they would not make it a barrier to entry for people.

MLSE will make their money on beer, food, merch etc from supporters in the southend, they also use these people to market a different sports atmosphere to the rest of the city.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Good point, but it goes the other way as well. The ticket cost is the least amount of money MLSE pulls from people in the south end, so if they are smart they would not make it a barrier to entry for people.

MLSE will make their money on beer, food, merch etc from supporters in the southend, they also use these people to market a different sports atmosphere to the rest of the city.
    I hear you Dave. It's a fine line for them to walk with us supporters. I should stress I DO NOT want a price increase, I just believe it is inevitable. Use the money to bring in players with the skills of Seba...I can deal with that. Also, MLSE (if you're listening) streamline the upper east side prices...the price range is ridiculous, and, overpriced for many of the seats. Gee, look, another Groupon for TFC tickets today...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hear you Dave. It's a fine line for them to walk with us supporters. I should stress I DO NOT want a price increase, I just believe it is inevitable. Use the money to bring in players with the skills of Seba...I can deal with that. Also, MLSE (if you're listening) streamline the upper east side prices...the price range is ridiculous, and, overpriced for many of the seats. Gee, look, another Groupon for TFC tickets today...
    Couldn't agree more about the upper east side, lower prices and get a new people into the stadium.

I think we will see a very modest increase this year which is the way it should be.

The team should already be revenue neutral with the payroll they have

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The cheaper the ticket the more I can do with my money. Like road trips, beer and merch. The higher that ticket price goes, the less of my money they get because I start to feel it more. Disposable cash is a funny animal that way.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    The cheaper the ticket the more I can do with my money. Like road trips, beer and merch. The higher that ticket price goes, the less of my money they get because I start to feel it more. Disposable cash is a funny animal that way.
    Phil, what I bolded in your comment is not MLSE concern.... They are charging the southend which I have four seats $190 a seat, that works out to around $10 a game... Now maybe I'm a tad different then most but I have no issues if they increase the tickets (within reason) if they continue to spend money and bring in talents like Giovinco, Bradley, Altidore etc... The moment they start giving us teams filled with the same quality players from our 2007 - 2013 squad then I will have a problem and will make my decision to renew/not renew.

The one thing everyone needs to remember is MLSE is a business and their goal is to make money. If supporters can't understand that or accept it then, I guess there is nothing that will make them happy. Now the million dollar question is how much of increase is too much? To everyone that is different but if at the end of the day you look at cost per game even a 25% increase is only $2.50 per game more in the southend. In other sections of the stadium I completely agree as they have been over charged for the quality that was provided since day one. So maybe those ticket holders see a 10-15%increase. We don't know yet and for everyone to get all worked up before they have announced the renewal prices is over the top.

But for now let's go and enjoy the lads and cheer them on and hopefully we will see our first playoff game at home this year...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    Phil, what I bolded in your comment is not MLSE concern.... They are charging the southend which I have four seats $190 a seat, that works out to around $10 a game... Now maybe I'm a tad different then most but I have no issues if they increase the tickets (within reason) if they continue to spend money and bring in talents like Giovinco, Bradley, Altidore etc... The moment they start giving us teams filled with the same quality players from our 2007 - 2013 squad then I will have a problem and will make my decision to renew/not renew.

The one thing everyone needs to remember is MLSE is a business and their goal is to make money. If supporters can't understand that or accept it then, I guess there is nothing that will make them happy. Now the million dollar question is how much of increase is too much? To everyone that is different but if at the end of the day you look at cost per game even a 25% increase is only $2.50 per game more in the southend. In other sections of the stadium I completely agree as they have been over charged for the quality that was provided since day one. So maybe those ticket holders see a 10-15%increase. We don't know yet and for everyone to get all worked up before they have announced the renewal prices is over the top.

But for now let's go and enjoy the lads and cheer them on and hopefully we will see our first playoff game at home this year..
    The bold part i 100% agree with, but i'm going to provide a few counter points on the rest.

A Strong supporter culture and supporter base has a significant impact on a soccer teams brand image and a strong brand image has a direct effect on the value of a franchise. So when TFC decide to increase prices in the southend (only talking south) they really need to balance what they can charge and what they should charge.

For example if my entire soccer budget went to tickets alone and i had nothing left for away travel, banners, tifos etc MLSE would maximize cash but they would not maximize value from the money i will spend. Having 1000's of people go to mtl or clb or having large tifo's and banners improves the clubs reputation and therefore value.

As with most sports franchises the year to year profit is small compared to the increase in franchise value.

anyways right now all that matters is the 3 pts on the line tomorrow.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The most expensive players in the league will be noticing a difference in pitch quality next year unless they announce something different. Most of what they would state the increase is for (renovations) I didn't ask for anyway. They'll get money from the Argos but it'll be the TFC players paying the price playing on an inferior pitch torn to shreds.

Still nothing from TFC.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the silence of the front office suggests that MLSE is most likely going to take the wait and see approach before allocating more significant financial resources to TFC. My guess is that the integrity of the pitch will try to be maintained based on scheduling considerations next season, and then the situation will be re-evaluated next off season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    ... My guess is that the integrity of the pitch will try to be maintained based on scheduling considerations next season, and then the situation will be re-evaluated next off season.
    Pretty much what Bez said at the GM meet and hear from with SSH earlier in the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    I think the silence of the front office suggests that MLSE is most likely going to take the wait and see approach before allocating more significant financial resources to TFC. My guess is that the integrity of the pitch will try to be maintained based on scheduling considerations next season, and then the situation will be re-evaluated next off season.
    can't see any issues if they alternate weeks next year. thats 6-8 days between events. Basically, next year will be loaded with TFC home games in May and June. Then alternate weeks with argos July thru October. Also we might get home games in april as well, can't see the roofs taking as long as the massive renovation last year.

Real problems with the pitch has been in March. it was a joke two years ago. No argos in march.

Future years is a another matter. Adding wednesday night CCL games but thats in the best weather/strongest grass time of year. Doubt they will do friendlies again due to poor attendance/financial disaster most of them were this season.
    Last edited by Qman; 09-25-2015 at 09:32 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    can't see any issues if they alternate weeks next year. thats 6-8 days between events. Basically, next year will be loaded with TFC home games in May and June. Then alternate weeks with argos July thru October. Also we might get home games in april as well, can't see the roofs taking as long as the massive renovation last year.

Real problems with the pitch has been in March. it was a joke two years ago. No argos in march.

Future years is a another matter. Adding wednesday night CCL games but thats in the best weather/strongest grass time of year. Doubt they will do friendlies again due to poor attendance/financial disaster most of them were this season.
    We will have a similar season next year with backloaded games after Argos season start. The pitch will be taking it hard.

God bless all you patient folk. MLSE/TFC appreciates you. The timing couldn't be shittier from my POV. Best team we've had will have to play on a sub standard surface and play through a guinea pig stage. Backwards thinking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching Bokke play Samoa at Villa Park right now and I can see football lines on the pitch. We complain so
    much that American football lines could end up on the field whilst we play but how funny would it be if there were soccer lines whilst the Argos playd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, I stumbled across this today

And this in response to the Real Madrid groundsman after saying they went with hybrid for the new season at the Bernabeau.

Interestingly, Real didnt go with Desso. Instead they went with an Italian company http://www.mixtosystem.it/en/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Per sources: The #CFL will announce tomorrow that the 2016 Grey Cup will be held at BMO Field.

Arash Madani@ArashMadani 18m18 minutes ago
    With Grey Cup to BMO Field, makes sense that the Winter Classic will be played there (Jan 1, 2017), since temporary seating will be in place

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    So, I stumbled across this today

Bring on the Bush League! No thanks.

And this in response to the Real Madrid groundsman after saying they went with hybrid for the new season at the Bernabeau.

What the hell does this even mean? Tongue in cheek msg that hybrid is better?

Well then WHY AREN"T YOU GOING HYBRID??? Money, meet mouth.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Per sources: The #CFL will announce tomorrow that the 2016 Grey Cup will be held at BMO Field.

Arash Madani@ArashMadani 18m18 minutes ago
    With Grey Cup to BMO Field, makes sense that the Winter Classic will be played there (Jan 1, 2017), since temporary seating will be in place

This is not the shrine to football you're looking for...

That TFC logo will look great for Grey Cup number whatever.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, what happens when Tfc should be hosting the east final that same weekend?
    ESPN won't be down with delaying the mls cup game.

I thought we were the primary tenant??

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post

We'll play on the Saturday, maybe?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no chance anyone plays on that field grey cup week.

i don't think FS or EPSN cares if they show any MLS games.... Only care about the US & mexican qualifiers & friendlies.
    Last edited by Qman; 09-30-2015 at 11:04 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post

Great question for TFC. So we're the primary tenant....

EXCEPT when there's a Grey Cup.

Bush League Multiplex groundshare.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have at her folks