Page 71 of 197 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121171 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,130 of 5892
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    Let the argo's in.. make enough money out of this stadium with the additional games that they can leave it for the argo's and create a nice new RBA style park for TFC to play in come 2020/2025.
    That's not going to happen unless we get new owners, but even then, TFC signed lease with City to play at BMO field for another 20 years. I am not sure what penalty will be to break lease agreement.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielHurl View Post
    Deal is getting closer
    Braley hopes to be able to finalize next week is getting closer?

He's hoped to be able to finalize a deal for months. However, given the value of the team is less than the cost to convert BMO Field for CFL, then his hopes mean little. Unless he's got some kind of concession, such as CFL playing on a shorter pitch, I wouldn't be surprised if this drags out for a lot longer yet.

And why not shorten the pitch. It's not like the 137-metre long CFL pitch is sacrosanct. CFL has granted exceptions before - notably to the Memphis Mad Dogs in 1995, who played on pitch that was only 117 metres long in the centre shortening to 113 metres at the corners.

That's only 8 to 12 metres longer than the BMO pitch. Heck, a standard NFL pitch is only 110 metres long. BMO is 105 metres. Add 2.4 metres for the net at each end, and you could accomodate NFL now.

So perhaps CFL simply needs to change their rules, or grant an exception to the pitch size for Toronto.
    Last edited by nfitz; 05-15-2015 at 03:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    That's not going to happen unless we get new owners, but even then, TFC signed lease with City to play at BMO field for another 20 years. I am not sure what penalty will be to break lease agreement.
    I'm sure they could get out of that agreement easily by saying MLSE contributed a lot of money to the renovation and giving Argo's a home. Though I agree we probably wont see a move for a good 20 years, unless the soccer environment changed drastically where TV viewership justifies greater investments.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I'm sure they could get out of that agreement easily by saying MLSE contributed a lot of money to the renovation and giving Argo's a home. Though I agree we probably wont see a move for a good 20 years, unless the soccer environment changed drastically where TV viewership justifies greater investments.
    Or someone builds new outdoor stadium in GTA and looking for tenants after hosting major sporting event (World Cup 2026?)?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I'm sure they could get out of that agreement easily by saying MLSE contributed a lot of money to the renovation and giving Argo's a home.
    It would be nice but these are suits and contracts don't work that way.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Did I miss something in the construction plans? I read this today on Sportsnet

It is imperative for a green light to be given soon, since a modification to the stadium is needed to configure the playing surface for the dimensions required for a Canadian football field. The second phase will extend the field, effectively wiping out the north stands, and add a roof over some of the seating at the stadium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    [FONT=arial][SIZE=3]
    n, that's always been part of the plan. They'll need to remove the concrete so they can bring in the endzone, and add retractable seating for TFC games. That's why they didn't put a roof on the North stand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    [FONT=arial][SIZE=3]
    yes, north stands are toast. Best guess on the board based on interviews is they are replacing it with a lounge/patio section (i guess similar to SJ new stadium/THF - not confirmed) and also use it for a staging area for concerts (confirmed). The south stands are still there and first 10 rows (guessimate) will fold in and out for soccer and football. TL still says the roof project is a go including the roof over the south stands.

Although, one could argue the roof over the south stands would limit/restrict the amount of seats they could add for Grey cups and winter classics, so until they start building it ...
    Last edited by Qman; 05-15-2015 at 06:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the next phase of stadium renovation in order to accommodate the Argos I hear they are taking the north stand out which sucks big time, this IMO just takes away from the intimacy of the stadium and making it more open than it already is , apparently they are replacing the north stand with a terrace , my question is how far away from the goal will this terrace be? I'm thinking that because of the CFL field length if your standing watching a game from this terrace your going to be pretty far away from the back of the goal, which again sucks and takes away from the soccer viewing experience in the stadium.
    Last edited by SoccMan2; 05-19-2015 at 09:34 AM.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    In the next phase of stadium renovation in order to accommodate the Argos I hear they are taking the north stand out which sucks big time, this IMO just takes away from the intimacy of the stadium and making it more open than it already is , apparently they are replacing the north stand with a terrace , my question is how far away from the goal will this terrace be? I'm thinking that because of the CFL field length if your standing watching a game from this terrace your going to be pretty far away from the back of the goal, which again sucks and takes away from the soccer viewing experience in the stadium.
    The idea is to have that part of the 'end zone' be turf, then the terrace can be pulled out right over top of it keeping that close proximity to the field.

This whole exercise is so annoying, I wish the field would just keep its existing arrangement and tenant (no Argo ground share).
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, that is me screwed in the north end. I'll likely have a problem finding a new location for my season tickets with a similar experience for about the same price

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From that article

Whether either or both of those games will be played at Rogers Centre or BMO Field is yet to be determined, with the possibility the 2016 game could coincide with the NHL staging its first Toronto outdoor game at BMO.
    Somebody point out to the puck heads that the Grey Cup could be during a TFC playoff run and thus an outdoor NHL game at BMO then would not be a good idea.

That and November is cold and wet and dark around here but not snowy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    From that article

Somebody point out to the puck heads that the Grey Cup could be during a TFC playoff run and thus an outdoor NHL game at BMO then would not be a good idea.

That and November is cold and wet and dark around here but not snowy.
    I think what they were trying to say is that if they have put in the temporary seating for the Grey Cup in November (up to 40k seats), then they could leave the infrastructure in place for a Winter Classic hockey game in January. I don't think the NHL have played any outdoor games in November before....

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get your licks in now boys 'cause fuck this thread come tomorrow.

...Alright...maybe Thursday.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck82 View Post
    I think what they were trying to say is that if they have put in the temporary seating for the Grey Cup in November (up to 40k seats), then they could leave the infrastructure in place for a Winter Classic hockey game in January. I don't think the NHL have played any outdoor games in November before....
    The NHL have played 2 outdoor games in California - I don't think November in Toronto will be that hard to do

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck82 View Post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_Heritage_Classic

I believe this was the first one?
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you would think after 100 years of living in yr parents basement that you may wanna get yr own place.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just love how they always apologize to TFC for past disrespectful behaviour, yet slap this right on us.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    you would think after 100 years of living in yr parents basement that you may wanna get yr own place.
    Let's just sticky this, sums it all up perfectly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are they going to have the presser at bmo?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    Moving in with their much younger second cousin but not realising that their muddy feet means tearing up the recently installed hardwood flooring,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sh*t

I don't want the Argos to die but I was really, really hoping this didnt happen.

How can this size market not have a SSS and a CFL Stadium........................................... ..............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this was the only logical option, there was no way they were going to let the argos fold. I havent watched an argos game in years, but they are the oldest sports franchise in NA i believe and it would of been a shame to see them fold.

All we can ask for is the field to be in great shape, if this doesnt happen...well then $hit will really hit the fan, if soccer players start complaining about the field or a guy gets seriously hurt

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I just love how they always apologize to TFC for past disrespectful behaviour, yet slap this right on us.
    Don't forget that the ticket prices will have to go up because of the renovations.
    Argos plus a raise in ticket prices will be a very bitter pill to swallow.
    I'm not going to even try.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not 100% true...I bet the CFL garaunteed BMO field gets a certain number of grey cup games and the nhl will give the leafs the outdoor game...add these up and it will help pay for costly additions

Quote Originally Posted by Petor View Post
    Don't forget that the ticket prices will have to go up because of the renovations.
    Argos plus a raise in ticket prices will be a very bitter pill to swallow.
    I'm not going to even try.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Supporting an MLSE franchise is conflicting for me at the best of times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well time to dig deep and see if this is the end for me as a SSH or if i can continue to take the disrespect that comes with this team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We'll see how much they regret this when many of the season seat holders don't renew. Might be better off getting GA tickets for TFC II?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FRANKIE65 View Post
    We'll see how much they regret this when many of the season seat holders don't renew.
    My guess is MLSE has estimates on that and already concluded acceptable risk. Regret is not a factor, this is a business decision.