Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*brandishes pitchfork*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    ^^^MLSE is out of the property market. The owners now have no desire to build in property, they have all the buildings and land they need and proper avenues to channel that into.

They want a sports company.

That was the sentiment I picked up on.
    didnt they just buy 261 Jarvis to turn it into a sports complex for tchc. If memory serves MLSE buys the property, renovates it and leases it back to the city for 20 years. Premier Wynne called it a good deal for the city so I'm sure MLSE is making a bundle somehow. Not a sexy condo deal but still picking up land in the heart of the city

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    didnt they just buy 261 Jarvis to turn it into a sports complex for tchc. If memory serves MLSE buys the property, renovates it and leases it back to the city for 20 years. Premier Wynne called it a good deal for the city so I'm sure MLSE is making a bundle somehow. Not a sexy condo deal but still picking up land in the heart of the city
    I am talking condos and whatnot.

If its not sports related I don't think you will see MLSE get too deep into it.

Of course what they decide to do may be opposite of what they declare as their intentions.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    That was for/by the MLSE foundation. Probably not making a bundle but more than likely some sort of nice tax write off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLSE Foundation are doing the same in Regent Park

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Sorry dude. Fail.

I am not here to run a class on capitalism, but this is just silly.
    Probably not my finest argument (maaay have been slightly intoxicated), but the point I think is pretty valid. But we're arguing hypotheticals. If/when Tannenbaum tries to sell, we'll see if there are bidders. Until then we're just arguing about shadows. Long and short of it is I don't think you'll find a shortage of people who want 25% of the most iconic brand in Canada (esp when they can be the 'face' if it).

Back to topic- they SHOULD be testing paint removal at BMO. There are events there this summer that'll be using a lot of paint. If the CFL was coming it'd be a different surface, so this testing would be pretty useless (even if the new surface is still MOSTLY grass, any synthetic will make it act differently). If they were going to test that they'd just get a slab of that grassmaster stuff and use that. Though I have to say- you can barely see the line that was washed off. I'd believe after 3-4 washes it'd be completely gone. But paint lines aren't my concern. The turf being completely chewed up is.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN 20s21 seconds ago MLSE planning on using a latex paint for potential CFL lines. Plan is to steam those off for MLS games.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kurt is getting a tour by grounds staff it seems.

Kurtis Larson @KurtLarSUN · 7m 7 minutes ago Should CFL go into BMO Field, one of the end zones will be completely turf. During soccer games, it will be hidden by a fan terrace.

Kurtis Larson @KurtLarSUN · 8m 8 minutes ago

Kurtis Larson retweeted Michael Przybyłowski
    The amount of thought that's going into this is incredible. The CFL is an afterthought at BMO.
    Kurtis Larson added,
    Michael Przybyłowski @prizby @KurtLarSUN @CONNAT69 @bertone45 @torontofc testing cuz a deal is imminent #disgusting

Kurtis Larson @KurtLarSUN · 1h 1 hour ago Pitch at BMO is in the best condition it has ever been in. Pristine.

And for those of you without a twitter option on that tweet linked to by Phil.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Standing room tickets for Sunday - how would that work?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielHurl View Post
    MLSE Foundation are doing the same in Regent Park

I see facilities there for soccer, hockey, basketball, cricket, track and field but - shock of shocks - no gridiron football.

The CFL needs to be knocked into young heads if they're going to grow the game. Not bothering, I guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhitenorf View Post
    I see facilities there for soccer, hockey, basketball, cricket, track and field but - shock of shocks - no gridiron football.

The CFL needs to be knocked into young heads if they're going to grow the game. Not bothering, I guess.
    What happens if Toronto gets an NFL team? Will kids like gridiron then?

(only kidding, Toronto will never get an NFL team )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    What happens if Toronto gets an NFL team? Will kids like gridiron then?

(only kidding, Toronto will never get an NFL team )
    young people already like the NFL, we actually see kids in nfl gear and such

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

youth football is struggling in the GTA. Some of this is the lack of investment by the Argos over the last 20 years.

This is a big issue for TFC as well. Kids wear real, barca, ManU jerseys, not TFC. Ask kids about TFC, they laughed and said that its not good soccer. Many of my big fottie friends which live and die with premiership and CL mid-games, won't watch MLS and laugh at it. this must be a big fear for MLS as alot of soccer fans are bypassing them for HD games in europe.
    Can't say i blame people this season because MLS game i have watched this season (mostly TFC and VWFC) have been brutal unwatchable football -- in comparison to weekly premiership games.
    Last edited by Qman; 05-06-2015 at 03:49 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    youth football is struggling in the GTA. Some of this is the lack of investment by the Argos over the last 20 years.

This is a big issue for TFC as well. Kids wear real, barca, ManU jerseys, not TFC. Ask kids about TFC, they laughed and said that its not good soccer. Many of my big fottie friends which live and die with premiership and CL mid-games, won't watch MLS and laugh at it. this must be a big fear for MLS as alot of soccer fans are bypassing them for HD games in europe.
    Can't say i blame people this season because MLS game i have watched this season (mostly TFC and VWFC) have been brutal unwatchable football -- in comparison to weekly premiership games.
    A load of absolute twaddle. I see TFC merch all over the city and watched an entire team of kids play in TFC replica kits last season.

You should do yourself a favour. Stop watching MLS. It'll do fine without you. Really.

Then you won't waste your time watching soccer you don't like, you won't upset your friends when you talk 'fottie' and you won't waste time making inane posts to forums where many people have diametrically opposing views.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A load of absolute twaddle. I see TFC merch all over the city and watched an entire team of kids play in TFC replica kits last season.

You should do yourself a favour. Stop watching MLS. It'll do fine without you. Really.

Then you won't waste your time watching soccer you don't like, you won't upset your friends when you talk 'fottie' and you won't waste time making inane posts to forums where many people have diametrically opposing views.

not saying I'M not a fan (watched every game this year on TSN and SN, TFC, VWFC, impact plus US matchups), but this is real issue for MLS to grow its fanbase.

my kid plays U8. Kids are wearing big european club jerseys/national team, not TFC. only see TFC jerseys at BMO or going to BMO.
    Last edited by Qman; 05-07-2015 at 01:19 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting points Qman . Kids playing in TFC replica kits with "Kim Shoe Repair" sponsoring the back is a barometer of nothing. I also rarely see TFC gear on the street on non game days.

At the same time I hold the opinion that most people with sports gear do it for fashion and probably know little about the team (a theory iv'e tested a few times).

I hold onto that theory when I see people in Man U jerseys too (which I see a lot of). Premeirship is Hip, MLS is not but I believe people will outgrow it if its a fad so it's not as dire as you make it seem.
    Last edited by TorontoMetros; 05-07-2015 at 05:08 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Kurt is getting a tour by grounds staff it seems.

Kurtis Larson @KurtLarSUN · 7m 7 minutes ago Should CFL go into BMO Field, one of the end zones will be completely turf. During soccer games, it will be hidden by a fan terrace.

Kurtis Larson @KurtLarSUN · 8m 8 minutes ago

Kurtis Larson retweeted Michael Przybyłowski
    The amount of thought that's going into this is incredible. The CFL is an afterthought at BMO.
    Kurtis Larson added,
    Michael Przybyłowski @prizby @KurtLarSUN @CONNAT69 @bertone45 @torontofc testing cuz a deal is imminent #disgusting

Kurtis Larson @KurtLarSUN · 1h 1 hour ago Pitch at BMO is in the best condition it has ever been in. Pristine.

And for those of you without a twitter option on that tweet linked to by Phil.

apparently this is what was removed by a garden hose? that's actually pretty good if true.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Covered by a terrace?

Like this?

No, no. I don't like the looks of that at all.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Other end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tim talked with Larson yesterday and he reiterated the point that TFC will be the #1 tenant and will have full control over the scheduling dates (around 5:30 in here)

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/05/06...-new-bmo-field

and

"it will always be grass - we will never, ever go away from grass, even after I leave"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Other end.
    More like this I reckon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This should be of interest

Kurtis Larson retweeted Matt Rosati
    No. Only changes are the big terrace, which will be nice for supporters. And all supporters groups moved there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edit: nevermind
    Last edited by GabrielHurl; 05-07-2015 at 08:35 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN 10m10 minutes ago Kurtis Larson retweeted Matt Rosati
    As in, all the supporters are in the south end now. Some of the group used to spill into the other stands.

No, they are not going to move the SSG's to the North.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my bad - I read his tweet wrong

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dunno if i like that tbh, i know people here love GA but i love standing in my spot currently in the SOuth.
    Ech.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mind you im not a member of any SG, just a plain ol supporter

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoMetros View Post
    apparently this is what was removed by a garden hose? that's actually pretty good if true.
    You didn't mention which CFL team you work for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You didn't mention which CFL team you work for.
    It sickening to see how many Argo fans are joining this site to discuss about their team and lie about their support for soccer. Don't they have website of their own to discuss about their team?

I have no problems if you support Argos AND TFC, but if you're only going to talk about Argos on here, then what's point being here? This is TFC supporter forum!

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The claim I heard today was it was a regular hose that took the line off, they made a circle and hosed it to see if they could see it. They have power washers to further blast it out.

Having the Arogs practice at KIA, they have been playing with the tech for the past year and doing evaluations on the pitch damage.

I think it may be okay for the regular season, but playoffs if both teams qualify could get pretty messy.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil