0 Thread(s)

I see Bell have extended their CFL rights package until 2021

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielHurl View Post
    I see Bell have extended their CFL rights package until 2021
    What are you trying to say here? That CFL made a deal with Bell to buy Argos in return extend their TV deal?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    What are you trying to say here? That CFL made a deal with Bell to buy Argos in return extend their TV deal?
    I'm trying to say Bell have extended their CFL rights package until 2021

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's stupid move by CFL given demand for sports content is pretty high these days and showing no signs of slowing down. I personally believe Argos sale is tied with extension deal.

BTW: I am not sure why you bother posting this news on this thread unless you're trying to tied it with Argos sale (which Bell-Larry T aren't saying how much they bought Argos)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's stupid move by CFL given demand for sports content is pretty high these days and showing no signs of slowing down. I personally believe Argos sale is tied with extension deal.

BTW: I am not sure why you bother posting this news on this thread unless you're trying to tied it with Argos sale (which Bell-Larry T aren't saying how much they bought Argos)
    There is no one else to buy the CFL rights. And you're probably right, it's basically all one deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    There is no one else to buy the CFL rights. And you're probably right, it's basically all one deal.
    TSN (bell) is keeping the rights away from Global (shaw). They are the big two in canadian tv market (rogers is small potatoes still). Shaw recently paying up big time for sponsoring the grey cup game was a shot across bell's bow, so bell is paying up to ensure they have the rights tied up.
    Last edited by Qman; 05-28-2015 at 09:27 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    Do you have a tin foil hat too?

Extending the deal has nothing to do with the Argos purchase, but everything to do with the next round of CBA talks. The TV deal now expires after the CBA expires, so the players won't be screaming about all the new TV money. It's a smart move by the CFL. But carry on with your 'theories'

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then this isn't Argos to BMO news. There's an Argos thread for that.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mulder View Post

Extending the deal has nothing to do with the Argos purchase, but everything to do with the next round of CBA talks. The TV deal now expires after the CBA expires, so the players won't be screaming about all the new TV money. It's a smart move by the CFL. But carry on with your 'theories'
    My only theory is that the issue is larger than the CFL TV rights. There are only three possible companies to buy those rights: Bell, Rogers and Shaw. Bell and Rogers are partners in MLSE. Rogers and Shaw are partners in Shomi. All of these deals need CRTC approval. Rogers, who did not want the Argos in BMO and aren't in on the purchase seem unlikely to buy CFL rights. Could Shaw even broadcast the games nationally? So it leaves only Bell as a realistically interested party.

Maybe the three companies were going to bid against each other in some open, transparent way. But they didn't. Why not?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is this CFL troll still here? Since Argos are moving to BMO field now, there's no need to have CFL fans (who are clearly not TFC fans) coming on here to defend their league anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is this CFL troll still here? Since Argos are moving to BMO field now, there's no need to have CFL fans (who are clearly not TFC fans) coming on here to defend their league anymore.
    I'm absolutely shocked, Mulder has 404 posts in this thread so I had assumed he was also a TFC fan, but after checking out his posting history it shows that ever since he signed onto this Forum (2008) 99% of his posts were pro-Argos, anti-TFC troll posts. This guy is a super-troll...never seen anything like it...404 bloody posts over 7 years just pushing the Argos agenda...wow!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And as quoted farther up this thread, he craps all over us on CFL sites.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mistercorporate View Post
    I'm absolutely shocked, Mulder has 404 posts in this thread so I had assumed he was also a TFC fan, but after checking out his posting history it shows that ever since he signed onto this Forum (2008) 99% of his posts were pro-Argos, anti-TFC troll posts. This guy is a super-troll...never seen anything like it...404 bloody posts over 7 years just pushing the Argos agenda...wow!
    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    And as quoted farther up this thread, he craps all over us on CFL sites.
    There is report button on the left side of each post,report it and mods will deal with it.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Done. I encourage other responsible members to do so as well, let's weed out these trolls...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mistercorporate View Post
    Done. I encourage other responsible members to do so as well, let's weed out these trolls...
    Posting accurate facts and more informative opinion on a topic that you don't care about is hardly trolling. I'm not looking to start an argument, but rather keep those on this site informed of those who wish to post inaccurate facts or down right lies.

Whoever you choose to believe in certain debates is up to you, but I've always backed up my information. While there are people who choose to deny information from some of the most reputable sources. (Angus Reid, Numeris). You can believe them too I guess.

I've followed TFC loosely since the inception, while I hope they do well each season and pay attention to the big picture items, I could care less about posting my individual opinion on players, tactics, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yet you care so much about posting only about the Argos at every chance you get, 404 posts on this forum and practically every single one of them is you jumping in to make a pro-Argo propaganda post. Sounds like a double-agent fraudulent troll to me. Let's be honest here, you could care less about TFC, you're only here to promote the CFL agenda and talk smack about us on CFL boards...We've got your number son...hopefully the mods do what needs to be done...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd rather not run people out of the forums due to a difference of opinion or bias. I think there's been enough of that already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If posters like Mulder are largely countering with factual info, they should be welcomed in providing context and checks & balances.

As with all types of these forums, some people can become quite insular. In effect, they are akin to people just watching Fox News, anti-vacciners, anti-climate change etc.. with minimal to no facts backing to support their views that are in the realm of urban myths.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Posting accurate facts and more informative opinion on a topic that you don't care about is hardly trolling. I'm not looking to start an argument, but rather keep those on this site informed of those who wish to post inaccurate facts or down right lies.

Whoever you choose to believe in certain debates is up to you, but I've always backed up my information. While there are people who choose to deny information from some of the most reputable sources. (Angus Reid, Numeris). You can believe them too I guess.

I've followed TFC loosely since the inception, while I hope they do well each season and pay attention to the big picture items, I could care less about posting my individual opinion on players, tactics, etc.
    Isn't that the exact reason to be on a Toronto FC forum... to discuss the team/players/tactics. If you don't want to do any of those things then why are you here?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright everyone back to topic please.

Trial by mob in-thread is not how we do things here.

As stated above, if you think there's something worth an infraction please report it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So phase 1 is over. The "Argos problem" has been solved as far as theCFL is concerned.

What is phase 2 for us? Push that the Argos never actually play on our field by having them stay on turf rather than ruin the grass?

If so, how long do we keep spreading the no Argos at BMO message?

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glaze View Post
    So phase 1 is over. The "Argos problem" has been solved as far as theCFL is concerned.

What is phase 2 for us? Push that the Argos never actually play on our field by having them stay on turf rather than ruin the grass?

If so, how long do we keep spreading the no Argos at BMO message?
    I'd be pushing for a demo of this "line removing special equipment." Won't be lines? Let's see it.

Watching the Women's World Cup game from Hamilton and you can clearly see the washed out lines. Granted, they may not have used the special paint or the special line remover that MLSE has seen… but you'd think that with all this notice and a marquee game that they could have figured that out.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    I'd be pushing for a demo of this "line removing special equipment." Won't be lines? Let's see it.
    Was thinking the exact same thing. The lines are still there. Especially with the pan am games coming up you'd think the field would be pristine.

Also while I know they have promised a retractable south end for the Argos, the cfl footprint is huge. This game feels like its being played in a football stadium not a soccer stadium.

Finally, sold out crowd, standing room only, yet we get the pan scam games instead. Will the crowds be as big for those games in Hamilton?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glaze View Post
    Was thinking the exact same thing. The lines are still there. Especially with the pan am games coming up you'd think the field would be pristine.

Also while I know they have promised a retractable south end for the Argos, the cfl footprint is huge. This game feels like its being played in a football stadium not a soccer stadium.

Finally, sold out crowd, standing room only, yet we get the pan scam games instead. Will the crowds be as big for those games in Hamilton?

didn't notice any lines or numbers.

at least the stadium is full ... but looked like mostly soccer moms
    Last edited by Qman; 05-29-2015 at 10:20 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Villa TFC View Post
    We've gone from a SSS to yet another North American ground-share with the guaranteed loss of a four-sided arena (replaced with a 3-side plus a patio/stage) and the potential for somewhat-visible lines and a mangled field. So I guess the thanks that the loyal supporters get for virtually selling-out the stadium for every league match for 8 straight seasons of losing is to be sold out by the club themselves.
    TFC was always the perfect example of what happens when one of the greediest, short-sighted, profit-driven (not that there is anything wrong with that last adjective) organizations gives birth to a new franchise. And our entire history up until now has largely been a product of that. I just hope one day, we are under new ownership, playing in a new stadium.
    Last edited by tfcleeds; 05-29-2015 at 10:56 PM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    didn't notice any lines or numbers.

at least the stadium is full ... but looked like mostly soccer moms
    Lines were faded but you could see them. Particularly the sideline "smudge" as it is a thicker line.

If that is the way it is going to be, that's the way it is going to be. Just stop claiming it will be fine. I am just leery of them telling us about a special paint and special machine to remove it completely and then failing to see it used anywhere.

They took the time to demo the garden hose scenario, why not demo the thing they will actually use and put the issue to rest? I have to wonder if it really will do as they claim or else they would have already showed us.

If this is going to turn into all of us seeing smudge lines and them saying "no you don't" ... well that doesn't work for me. And if we can't even get a promise fulfilled on lines, when it comes to the playing surface... Wow. Not liking our chances.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It should be pointed out that TMH and the people running it are football first, football second and football 3rd - the Pan Am games and CWNT are just tenants. Its a football stadium made into a soccer configuration. If they ever get an NASL team, you'll see that team get only slightly better treated then the Argos at Skydome (assuming NASL survives the latest FIFA corruption probe given their biggest banker is behind the CONCACAF charges).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know some people disagree with me but I do personally find it kind of strange that very faded lines appear to be such a big issue for some that somehow detracts from their viewing pleasure while watching a game. Are you not at least as equally distracted by the appearance of striped looking fields because of the way the grass is cut in various stadiums around the world?

Here a picture of last night followed by the home pitch for Arsenal.

Last edited by TravelPat; 05-30-2015 at 11:00 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TravelPat View Post
    I know some people disagree with me but I do personally find it kind of strange that very faded lines appear to be such a big issue for some that somehow detracts from their viewing pleasure while watching a game. Are you not at least as equally distracted by the appearance of striped looking fields because of the way the grass is cut in various stadiums around the world?

Here a picture of last night followed by the home pitch for Arsenal.

You are the target market for this move.

Given we didn't have to deal with those distractions and now are stepping backwards to groundshare people are perturbed about it. A lot of outside questions come from the POV that groundshare is common. We've been shown it doesn't have to be but will go ahead anyway.

Integrity of the game is being lost here and is presented by some as "not a big deal".

It's all where one is coming from on the issue.

Those in charge are banking most people watching are in your boat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THF is a turf surface - not the same. And comparing it to cross cutting grass? Lol.