Page 75 of 197 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125175 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,250 of 5892
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Bell and O'Tannenbaum wiill have to create their own marketing team. And "the hot ticket" in this town the last 10 years has included the decidedly downmarket Toronto Rock and the Marlies, both of which bring in far less per bum in the seat then TFC. Being the latest thing doesn't mean people will spend money while there.

How many people buy an Argo shirt every year?

What's beer consumption at Argo games per capita?

How many of those 45+ year olds from the 905, who are the majority of Argo fans, are going to take the streetcar to BMO?

How many 30 year olds and millenials with spending power are going to go to an Argo game? (Hint - that's not who started going in Montreal)
    This is it right here.

Maybe they get the Montreal like bump but to what? 30K? They lost money when averaging more that at a rent free stadium. TV is what it is but at BMO, I don't think they're going to do well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Migs View Post
    its not your pitch! The entitlement by some of you in this thread is embarrassing. I am a diehard CFL & also a huge fan of soccer worldwide & the way some of you are acting does zero to entice sports fans in this country to follow the sport. You folks need to realize that tax payers built that stadium with CFL football as a requirement.

And to those who say they are done following TFC simply because someone else is going to use the stadium goes to show the low level of loyalty you truly have towards this franchise you supposedly love. Good riddance. Instead of acting like spoiled 6 year olds, welcome the Argos & try to work together as it could be beneficial to both franchises. And as as a life long soccer fan, some of you need to grow up!
    Maybe our sense of entitlement comes from the fact that without TFC that stadium would never have been built. How many new stadiums have been built in Toronto with the Argos as the driving influence and main tenant? This winter's renovations were completed by MLSE on the back of TFC attendance, the public money contribution was minimal and the Argos' contribution was nil. If TFC had been drawing 10k a game for the last 8 years, MLSE wouldn't have sunk money into those renovations. So let's see: the stadium exists because of the arrival of an MLS team. The stadium pretty much sells-out for every single MLS match for 8 years. The stadium capacity is steadily increased over those 8 years to accommodate increased TFC attendance and without that TFC attendance the recent renovations wouldn't have started last autumn. Sounds to me like we have some entitlement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its not your pitch! The entitlement by some of you in this thread is embarrassing. I am a diehard CFL & also a huge fan of soccer worldwide & the way some of you are acting does zero to entice sports fans in this country to follow the sport. You folks need to realize that tax payers built that stadium with CFL football as a requirement.

And to those who say they are done following TFC simply because someone else is going to use the stadium goes to show the low level of loyalty you truly have towards this franchise you supposedly love. Good riddance. Instead of acting like spoiled 6 year olds, welcome the Argos & try to work together as it could be beneficial to both franchises.

And as as a life long soccer fan, some of you need to grow up!
    Because you've done so well extending the olive branch here. Your diplomacy needs a little work.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mulder View Post
    Typically, only the O-linemen are over 300lbs. And if they are rolling around the Toronto Argonauts have bigger problems than the paint washing off.
    i played.

On running plays, your offensive line pushes forward. Lots of guys end up on the ground. If this washes off with water and pressure, I would love to see how it holds up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Instead of acting like spoiled 6 year olds, welcome the Argos & try to work together as it could be beneficial to both franchises.

Beneficial to both franchises eh? Would love to hear how this arrangement is beneficial to TFC in anyway. Please, enlighten me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And to those who say they are done following TFC simply because someone else is going to use the stadium goes to show the low level of loyalty you truly have towards this franchise you supposedly love. Good riddance. Instead of acting like spoiled 6 year olds, welcome the Argos & try to work together as it could be beneficial to both franchises.

How does having another team add wear and tear to the pitch benefit my team?

How do lines on the pitch that are not for my sport benefit my team?

How does removing one stand from the stadium making open benefit my team?

I have zero interest in extending an olive branch at the expense of my team to entice CFL fans to follow TFC. If they are interested in the sport, they will follow it. If they are not, they won't. A lot of the CFL fans I know are still entrenched in the "soccer sucks, nothing ever happens mentality" and nothing going on here is going to change that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    This is it right here.

Maybe they get the Montreal like bump but to what? 30K? They lost money when averaging more that at a rent free stadium. TV is what it is but at BMO, I don't think they're going to do well.
    It all depends who you consider to be "they." As you point out, the Argos will sell tickets to BMO for a few years and once the novelty wears off, who knows? But this is really pushed by Bell, for TSN, for national CFL ratings and whatever deal they make with the CRTC for other things.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As per a Norm Kelly tweet

Norm KellyVerified account ‏@norm

In case you're wondering what BMO Field looks like in blue.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 05-20-2015 at 09:31 AM.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is it right here.

Worse - they are limited to 25K by the lack of south and north end stands. And their attendance figures are heavily skewed to cheap end zone and 5 yard line seats, with a lot of die hards behind the bench.

I get that Bell arnt looking for a lot of ROI, but LT is going to take a bath here in order to have a play toy and keep working on that wedge between Bell and Rogers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today will be fun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I fucking hate Norm Kelly.

Entitled asshole.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Worse - they are limited to 25K by the lack of south and north end stands. And their attendance figures are heavily skewed to cheap end zone and 5 yard line seats, with a lot of die hards behind the bench.

I get that Bell arnt looking for a lot of ROI, but LT is going to take a bath here in order to have a play toy and keep working on that wedge between Bell and Rogers.
    This may be the best game in town to watch now. If the MLSE partnership breaks down it could be spectacular.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    This may be the best game in town to watch now. If the MLSE partnership breaks down it could be spectacular.
    Larry's best bet to control MLSE is in being the broker between Bell and Rogers. If they work together, they have more votes than him and he is powerless.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    I think he doesn't want them to break up as then he'd have no control. He just wants them to not like each other enough that he gets all the power as the go between.

I also can't see either one walking away and giving the other all that content and high eye ball sponsorship options. That and its in both their interests to have the Leafs, Raptors and TFC actually winning. If the Leafs ever won the Cup, Rogers makes a mint off of the hockey rights and TSN off of people wanting any news.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even with their TV deal and free rent they lose money so what now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he doesn't want them to break up as then he'd have no control. He just wants them to not like each other enough that he gets all the power as the go between.

I also can't see either one walking away and giving the other all that content and high eye ball sponsorship options. That and its in both their interests to have the Leafs, Raptors and TFC actually winning. If the Leafs ever won the Cup, Rogers makes a mint off of the hockey rights and TSN off of people wanting any news.
    Sure, that all makes sense. But there are some giant egos involved. In this case Bell/TSN got what they wanted. It would be interesting to hear from George Cope.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Larry has first crack if either decides to sell, so Bell could sell to Larry, and Larry & Bell screws Rogers.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even with their TV deal and highest rent in the league they lose money so what now?

fixed it for you, Argo's haven't had 'free' rent in like 5 years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post

Empty Seems about right
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 05-20-2015 at 09:32 AM. Reason: to stop the trolling

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Larry has first crack if either decides to sell, so Bell could sell to Larry, and Larry & Bell screws Rogers.
    Good point, but Larry doesn't want to spend the money to control.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its one of those situations where I hope this doesnt suck, but I know it will suck.

What we can dream for is an NFL team, and that will pretty much put the Argos on the first train to Barrie or london or anywhere but here.

T.O dosnt appreciate the CFL and doesnt derserve it. I would love to see a smaller city that will allow tailgating to get a CFL team.

To me the CFL should aim to replicate US college or highschool football. Make it THE event of the town.
    Last edited by C.Ronaldo; 05-20-2015 at 08:36 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fixed it for you, Argo's haven't had 'free' rent in like 5 years.
    Weren't they still losing money when they were? That accountant had them pegged for a $7-$8M loss at BMO.

Arash Madani@ArashMadani 25m25 minutes ago
    On #Argos: Spoke with an interested buyer in April. Fell apart when accountant projected a $7-8 million annual loss to run it properly. #CFL
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 05-20-2015 at 08:43 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    To me the CFL should aim to replicate US college or highschool football. Make it THE event of the town.
    This makes a lot of sense.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    T.O dosnt appreciate the CFL and doesnt derserve it. I would love to see a smaller city that will allow tailgating to get a CFL team.

There is only 1 Regina.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weren't they still losing money when they were? That accountant had them pegged for a $7-$8M loss at BMO.
    You mean the mis-information being spread around by Rogers? David Braley denied that report.

David Braley denies report that an Argo sale fell apart when accountant saw books and projected a $7-8 million annual loss to run it right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post

haha the Canadian flag is blue too.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 05-20-2015 at 09:35 AM. Reason: damn that picture

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You mean the mis-information being spread around by Rogers? David Braley denied that report.

David Braley denies report that an Argo sale fell apart when accountant saw books and projected a $7-8 million annual loss to run it right.
    Of course he would deny such a report, he's selling the team.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One wash with a garden hose sprayed. Proof it can be done but not proof what it will actually look like.

For a guy who says TFC fans should try to work with this, your first post was pretty trolling.

Mirror buddy....look in it.
    Wasn't trolling at all, just stating a fact. You don't own this stadium & YOU don't have to work with anything. Fact is the Argos are coming & that is great news for football fans across the country as opposed to a few closed minded self entitled soccer fans. And this is coming from someone who's passionately watched soccer all of his life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate the idea of CFL at BMO, but on the plus side..for those of us who like the blue jays, does this mean they are getting grass sooner?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oldtraffordPEI View Post
    I hate the idea of CFL at BMO, but on the plus side..for those of us who like the blue jays, does this mean they are getting grass sooner?
    Not really