Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I think I'll be wearing all black.
    Yup black for the better half and I

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    I'm not implying that anyone should or shouldn't keep their seasons - just that giving them will not cause change here. This is done. If TFC has no SSH next year the Argos are still going to play there.

As far as giving them up over this - if that is your line in the sand fair play to that. I would question anyone over that
    It will send message and let them know that people (or at least myself) wouldn't take their BS especially since they haven't been up front about this and keep saying same old thing.

They still refuse to provide proof if Hybrid turf can work out when evidence says otherwise.

Unless you you are in the light greys or supporters sections at year one prices - there is no value in seasons as you can attend every game of the season off the secondary market for cheaper.
    Yup. I can get better seats too.

Personally speaking, I probably just stop going to BMO field in general if I end up not renew my tickets next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    It will send message and let them know that people (or at least myself) wouldn't take their BS especially since they haven't been up front about this and keep saying same old thing.

They still refuse to provide proof if Hybrid turf can work out when evidence says otherwise
    Even if they did provide "proof" I would take it with a grain of salt. Most everything they have told us over this teams history has been nothing but fluff aimed at selling tickets or placating the masses.

Everytime I even begin to think differently, I break out my shiny little book talking about the 5 pillars and the path for the future. Or the pep talks about how each year will be different. Or the Bloody Big Deal.

With this team - I believe what I see with my own two eyes, not the fluff some marketing wizard or exec is feeding me this week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    You know what? I miss Anselmi and Beirne today. Even Mo.

They put in grass. They built the north stand to try to thwart the possibility of this.

They at least tried. I wish they had had a clue about running a soccer club.
    Unless they start winning playoff games, this club may be doomed. I'm not kidding. For fuck's sake, IT"S THE FUCKING ATMOSPHERE. THAT"S WHY MLS IS WORKING in Seattle, and Portland and occasionally in Toronto. Fuck me, these people are so stupid, and yet so wealthy and powerful.

It boggles the fucking mind, and I actually UNDERSTAND this shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They put in grass. They built the north stand to try to thwart the possibility of this.

I was thinking the exact same thing the other day. I wouldn't go back to them because they were incompetent in terms of building a winning team. But when we asked for grass, they listened. I also hope we have vocal players who make it known if the surface is bad. DeRo did that with the turf in his interviews with the media in year 3.

They better keep a north stand after the reconfiguration. I hate three sided stadiums.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, the whole save the Argos because they are North America's oldest franchise is weak. Does anyone know what the oldest soccer team is in the world? Do we care? Oxford and Cambridge have two of the oldest ice hockey teams in the world - how relevant are they?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's funny, I knew Mo a little because our kids were in the same class at school and all he really needed was a good boss. He was so inexperienced but he was really committed to TFC and he did know MLS. Right away he bought a house in Toronto and brought his family and someone at MLSE asked him why he didn't leave them in Kansas and just rent a condo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    I'm in.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure why that Gary Stern BS had to be merged in here after it was originally a separate thread. For the most part it's factually incorrect, and it's 100% trolling

Edit: Oh good he's banned now, thanks!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Not sure why that Gary Stern BS had to be merged in here after it was originally a separate thread. For the most part it's factually incorrect, and it's 100% trolling

Edit: Oh good he's banned now, thanks!
    i'm "the bleeding heart" mod that merged the threads.
    wagner.. well wagner is pictured here:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    wagner is pictured here:

long live wagner today is no time to be a bleeding heart jon lol

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    wagner.. well wagner is pictured here:
    Well those posts made my heart bleed from a ruptured aneurysm, so you were spot on.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What other bush league sells a franchise, with a press conference, without even saying what the price was?

As fans we have invested huge in this team, through tickets, merchandise, and support which MLSE has tirelessly exploited to market the product in the abscence of any kind of success.

In return we are fed losses, empty promises and outright lies. That letter sent out to SSH's was a complete joke. Contact your rep with questions?

I have a feeling we're going to see Argos logos, lines on the field, a near-unplayable playing surface leading to a switch to the more convenient field turf used by every other CFL Franchise.

Heck, maybe TL will even put up another banner in BMO for Bon Jovi

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glaze View Post
    What other bush league sells a franchise, with a press conference, without even saying what the price was?

As fans we have invested huge in this team, through tickets, merchandise, and support which MLSE has tirelessly exploited to market the product in the abscence of any kind of success.

In return we are fed losses, empty promises and outright lies. That letter sent out to SSH's was a complete joke. Contact your rep with questions?

I have a feeling we're going to see Argos logos, lines on the field, a near-unplayable playing surface leading to a switch to the more convenient field turf used by every other CFL Franchise.

Heck, maybe TL will even put up another banner in BMO for Bon Jovi
    Well the sale price was likely significantly lower that just the specific conversion costs for the Argos at BMO Field (never mind the full stadium cost), so announcing the price would probably have been too embarrassing.

I agree with everything else you say. With the importance of CFL for TSN ratings, I seriously doubt the "scheduling priority" as well. TFC games have always been scheduled at the whim of the broadcasters. Now they have a stronger incentive to cram TFC home games early into the season, when the weather is usually cold & crappy, leaving more of the summer & fall dates for the Argos, while still leaving flexibility for other things like stupid friendlies, CSA games, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me too

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Unless they start winning playoff games, this club may be doomed. I'm not kidding. For fuck's sake, IT"S THE FUCKING ATMOSPHERE. THAT"S WHY MLS IS WORKING in Seattle, and Portland and occasionally in Toronto. Fuck me, these people are so stupid, and yet so wealthy and powerful.

5 sentences and a lot of swear words and you've captured the essence of the issue.

100% agreement.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just win baby !!

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PAOK17 View Post
    Also, the whole save the Argos because they are North America's oldest franchise is weak. Does anyone know what the oldest soccer team is in the world? Do we care? Oxford and Cambridge have two of the oldest ice hockey teams in the world - how relevant are they?
    Good point.

Makes me sick how they keep using this excuse to keep Argos alive and how CFL is "great Canadian institution" like people in this market (where half people living here aren't even born in this country) care. They wonder why Argos/CFL isn't working in Toronto...lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good point.

Makes me sick how they keep using this excuse to keep Argos alive and how CFL is "great Canadian institution" like people in this market (where half people living here aren't even born in this country) care. They wonder why Argos/CFL isn't working in Toronto...lol
    Wonder if any of their fancy research polls figured out that more than half of Toronto is made up of immigrants who could give two fucks about CFL.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post

I agree.

You know, I think this will be known as the week when TFC and it's fans were shown exactly how MLSE and the rest of the city feels about them. I've kept pretty quiet on the whole matter over the past few days. Mostly because to me this was always an inevitability - the Argos coming to BMO Field was never a matter of "if", but "when". But after going back and seeing the clips with Lieweke and reading the releases, it has opened my eyes than anything before. Molinaro's article here is particularly relevant. We may not have been lied to; but the truth has been stretched, messaged, and broken up into easy to digest pieces, bit by bit.

Like Molinaro notes - Lieweke and MLSE just will not accept the possibility of being wrong here. What if repairs to the hybrid surface become too costly to maintain? The official position appears to be, "we won't answer that, because it won't happen".

And here's the kicker - how are we even surprised by finding ourselves in this mess anyway? This is MLSE after all! Like John remarks:

Why on Earth should we trust an organization that, despite spending millions of dollars on players and infrastructure, hasn’t managed to put a consistent winning team on the field? We should just accept the word of an outfit that has burned through nine coaches in nine playoff-less years?

This organization’s track record is one dominated by failure, not success—by shortcomings, instead of achievement.

And he's 100% right! There is absolutely no reason to trust that this scheme will work. We really just have MLSE's and Lieweke's insistence to go by, and several reasonable opinions and observations that cast serious doubt on their position.

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I have serious doubts I'm going to renew in 2016. I need to be shown that this whole plan won't end up being the monumental clusterfuck that I see it becoming. Tim Lieweke assured us several times that our soccer experience will not be even noticeably different than before. Oh really? Well, I need a lot more than talk to convince me otherwise because right now your track record for speaking on the level is absolutely abysmal.
    Last edited by Cashcleaner; 05-20-2015 at 09:11 PM.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good point.

Do they wonder that? Or do they know they run a national TV sports network and a few million customers in western Canada, Hamilton and Montreal want to hate a team from Toronto?

What we've needed all along for TFC is local ownership that's actually local. But these guys put them in red and started calling them Canada's team from day one. It's a shame, really.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm IN !! And 0 $ spent on concessions at BMO.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    I'm IN !! And 0 $ spent on concessions at BMO.
    and everyone take a seat for the game like the first half of the all star game possibly?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And they will make sure the squad clmes out in the onyx kits and it just blends in.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    And they will make sure the squad clmes out in the onyx kits and it just blends in.
    All black looks very different from the Onyx kits.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great idea. I will wear black. The BMO tin can was never a beautiful stadium, but it was ours and it worked. The new East stand looks perversely out of proportion already, and the impending Frankenstein additions are a sad continuation in in Toronto's history of failed stadium architecture.
    Last edited by boozilla; 05-21-2015 at 12:51 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am also in!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamehawk View Post
    I am also in!
    Wearing black will not amount to much. Staying home, might.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

On the subject of lines, Leiweke said:

The line, Leiweke suggested, would be rendered invisible with use of a special high-pressure water machine.

"You don’t even see them," he said of the football lines. "So we’re like ‘Guys, we’re going to be fine.’

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/leiwe...impact-soccer/
    Would it be too much to ask that they actually show a picture of that and put it on video? I'm not talking about the still visible garden hose line they showed and then claimed the special machine would be better. I mean the actual machine and the process. Before and after.

If they know of or have a special machine that works, why not get that on video and get out in front of this by sharing it with the masses that are clearly concerned?