Page 104 of 197 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,120 of 5892
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    We have word from one of the Voyageurs who attended that the pitch did not suffer too bad. I'm pretty positive that by next Wed it should be ok.
    Good thing it didn't rain!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Orlando fans are douchebags. Just my two cents.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    Any word on how the pitch fared after the 3 rugby games the other day?
    Rugby doesn't chew up the grass as much as NFL and CFL Football does. Rugby also doen't have as much lines nor is the lines as big and fat as CFL markings are, however some pro Rugby fields have some big advertisements on the field, not sure if BMO field did tho. CFL even has advertisements on the field tho to.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    Rugby doesn't chew up the grass as much as NFL and CFL Football does. Rugby also doen't have as much lines nor is the lines as big and fat as CFL markings are, however some pro Rugby fields have some big advertisements on the field, not sure if BMO field did tho. CFL even has advertisements on the field tho to.
    Adverts will be CG from what I understand. It's just the faint lines that we'll be contending with.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The pitch did look a bit rough on TV on Wednesday.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who the fuck even watches CFL and the terrible 3 down game???

Ah North America always finding good reasons on how to alienate people and ensure they don't watch your bellow average version of what they call MLS football....

i have an idea lets switch our grass to a hybrid turf so a couple people can watch a crappy CFL game...I just cant see the appeal that the CFL has....pretty much ensures that there is almost no running game.....add to that that only NFL rejects play in the CFL and you have another league similar to MLS.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vortexdr View Post

Ah North America always finding good reasons on how to alienate people and ensure they don't watch your bellow average version of what they call MLS football....

i have an idea lets switch our grass to a hybrid turf so a couple people can watch a crappy CFL game...I just cant see the appeal that the CFL has....pretty much ensures that there is almost no running game.....add to that that only NFL rejects play in the CFL and you have another league similar to MLS.
    This is not the point of this thread. It's not the CFL or Argos that are the concern. It's the fact they will be tearing up our natural grass next year. MLSE has agreed to this step backwards so they have to find a way to win our trust in the pitch quality.

How popular the other game is is of no concern.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    My first thoughts when I saw the pitch, I fear the pitch next year will be absolute crap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looked good to me considering the various uses it has been under.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of note:

Argos home opener tomorrow night. There will be people comparing attendances. As this is their opener and they are playing the Riders, who usually bring at least 5K to a game, this is an apples to oranges comparison.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    Looked good to me considering the various uses it has been under.
    But not compared to, say, the pitch after no rugby tournament, right?

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vortexdr View Post
    In Canada, probably more people than watch soccer. But there's a whole thread about that, so probably you can go best that dead horse over there.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

In Canada, probably more people than watch soccer. But there's a whole thread about that, so probably you can go best that dead horse over there.
    Two dead horses actually. CFL popularity and my crusade against MLS Playoffs in favour of a table Champion

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ah, Pookie, imagine if we started to dig up all the dead horses in TFC history, my friend

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Of note:

Argos home opener tomorrow night. There will be people comparing attendances. As this is their opener and they are playing the Riders, who usually bring at least 5K to a game, this is an apples to oranges comparison.
    Is it really relevant. As this form has pointed out over and over, the reason why they are coming over next year is because their fanbase is boycotting the Skydome because its a dump, they hate Rogers with a passion for giving them unmanagable schedule, and they can watch the game for free at home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two dead horses actually. CFL popularity and my crusade against MLS Playoffs in favour of a table Champion

bam bam bam ... supporters shield should be the real champions ... MLS cup is a joke
    sorry, wrong thread
    Last edited by Qman; 08-08-2015 at 12:44 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a quick thing about what the Argos are used to and why BMO for them is their next saviour.

This is the attendance of one of the best teams in the East on a great sunny day with no Jays, no TFC, no Leafs, no Raptors. Admittedly, its against Ottawa, never a big draw.

I can see the section I used to sit in 10 years ago and there are maybe 15 people - used to be half full and that was during the worst days of Sherwood Schwartz.
    Note how everybody is in the cheap seats. Looks like our games actually...except way worse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a quick thing about what the Argos are used to and why BMO for them is their next saviour.

This is the attendance of one of the best teams in the East on a great sunny day with no Jays, no TFC, no Leafs, no Raptors. Admittedly, its against Ottawa, never a big draw.

I can see the section I used to sit in 10 years ago and there are maybe 15 people - used to be half full and that was during the worst days of Sherwood Schwartz.
    Note how everybody is in the cheap seats. Looks like our games actually...except way worse.

Looks like TFC yesterday

Last edited by troy1982; 08-23-2015 at 04:14 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by troy1982 View Post
    because pictures taken at kick-off for TFC games always represent the actual attendance!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and all in all it was probably 22k-24k by the 70th minute.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    and all in all it was probably 22k-24k by the 70th minute.
    Pass the bong.

The attendance and pricing games are worse than ever, and that is saying something.

I went online to buy tickets yesterday. Lots on ticketmaster in every higher price section. Ticketmaster don't show that much avail in the upper deck of the east side, but I sat up there, there are vast swaths of empty seats up there. Nobody can say with a straight face that those thousands of seats are no shows.

Interestingly, there wasn't much here on ticket trader (Kaka, nice weather etc), there clearly was last minute demand to see the game.

I bought my seats on stubhub. Seats that were retailing for $74 plus service charge on ticketmaster, I got for about $52 each, all in. Not all that much available there either, though.

I was in 210 at kickoff and it was deserted. There were maybe 50 people in the whole section.

In that pic it looks like the east side is 80% empty. I got curious, I counted a section across the way in the western stand at halftime to get a sense - it was half full. Overall, south end was full, rest was half full. I'd make it 17,000 by halftime, there were lots of stragglers.

They announced 26K I think. Pretty funny.

They are making it up. All of it. I suspect the team hold a lot of inventory back. I mean a lot.
    Last edited by ensco; 08-23-2015 at 04:44 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Troy, you've got an alert on when somebody posts in this thread, don't you.

My point is the Argos are in BAD shape attendance wise and that's why they badly want into BMO.

I seriously doubt the Argos are going to get 26K today.

BTW, that's Neil Davidson with the tweet, Canadian Press journalist. He's not some twitter account scanning for pics just to show empty seats (wow, now that's a life).

And, no, you can not compare TFC first kick attendance during the Ex with 2/3 of the Gardiner lanes closed to the Argo attendance today. The only thing getting in the way of a perfect opportunity for the Argos today was the opponent. And they failed.

So....next season. Put up or shut up for Argo fans. Cause, if the Argos ruin that grass for the sake of attendance like that (although really, its a TV driven league so they might as well make the seats cheap cheap cheap, like $60 a game for a SS on the 55, which is probably what the pointy heads at Bell will be suggesting).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Pass the bong.

The attendance and pricing games are worse than ever, and that is saying something.

I went online to buy tickets yesterday. Lots on ticketmaster in every higher price section. Ticketmaster don't show that much avail in the upper deck of the east side, but I sat up there, there are vast swaths of empty seats up there. Nobody can say with a straight face that those thousands of seats are no shows.

Interestingly, there wasn't much here on ticket trader (Kaka, nice weather etc), there clearly was last minute demand to see the game.

I bought my seats on stubhub. Seats that were retailing for $74 plus service charge on ticketmaster, I got for about $52 each, all in. Not all that much available there either, though.

I was in 210 at kickoff and it was deserted. There were maybe 50 people in the whole section.

In that pic it looks like the east side is 80% empty. I got curious, I counted a section across the way in the western stand at halftime to get a sense - it was half full. Overall, south end was full, rest was half full. I'd make it 17,000 by halftime, there were lots of stragglers.

They are making it up. All of it. I suspect the team hold a lot of inventory back. I mean a lot.
    the rest was not half full. That picture is taken at kick off, which is not at all indicative of how many people actually went to the game. My section on the west side was about 90% full.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tell you what though ensco, it feels fuller then last season. Maybe that's just the upper East being there but there are WAY more people around me then last season.

Actually, I got physical anecdotal proof of that.

That pic above is over my section - I'm in behind one of those people. Last season, there was nobody behind me and nobody to the sides of me for 4-7 seats. This season, there are actually people showing up each game. Maybe somebody showed up at minute 20 last season...maybe. This season - I'm in the stadium within 10 minutes of opening and there are people sitting down before I get there.

Giovinco? Maybe. But the west feels fuller then last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Announce crowd is 14,748, but watching the game on TV, it sounds like few thousand at best based on atmosphere (it's so quiet in Rogers Centre).

Even with small crowd, at least make some noise to cheer on your team. Argo fans are pathetic bunch!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Pass the bong.

my wife counted 63 people in our entire section
    12,000 tops ... i don't get MLSE just making up numbers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    my wife counted 63 people in our entire section
    12,000 tops ... i don't get MLSE just making up numbers

That's a very amusing estimate.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Attendance is announced on tickets sold, not scanned.

How many people you figure went to the ex and didn't even bother going into the game?

Now that being said, I wonder if tickets that are sold to outlets count as sold?
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was at the Argos home opener a few weeks back and it looked like Argos fan were trying to copy TFC's support with a mini supporters section. Will be interesting to see what happens next year. Will they try to have a section in the south end? Are Argos fans capable of such organization? All in all, the grass issue aside, I think its sort of a tribute to the TFC atmosphere and support that the 100-yr-old Argonauts need to move to BMO, the house that TFC built, to stay viable. That's my positive spin on this situation.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Attendance is announced on tickets sold, not scanned.

How many people you figure went to the ex and didn't even bother going into the game?

Now that being said, I wonder if tickets that are sold to outlets count as sold?
    Phil, there aren't 8000 or 10000 people who just ate their tickets Saturday.

"Outlets" aren't paying for tickets they don't sell
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”