RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Other MLS Games - Penultimate Sunday - 16 October

All East conference games at 3 pm with simultaneous kickoffs

CBus @ NYRB

We obviously want a tie or a Cbus win here but NYRB hasn't lost a game in a looooong loooong time. Columbus midfield isn't good enough to deal with NYRB's press. The Minions are out of the playoff picture due to the first tie breaker (wins).

Prediction: 3- 0 for the home side

Orlando @ Philly

Orlando out as well. They are, in essence, playing for what we were in 2014 - next year. Philly wraps up a playoff spot with a win here (again due to the tie breaker) and they are also fighting for that 4th slot. Orlando's defence has been poor (except vs. us...grrr) but the Union are spotty.

Prediction: 2-2 draw

NYCFC @ DCU

This is the most likely chance for a team we are chasing to drop points. DCU is surging and havn't lost at home since June - their last loss was at Yankee stadium. The way DCU plays will give the Man City B team fits. BUT, those veterans on NYCFC are driving them to the playoffs.

Prediction: 2-2 draw

NER @ Chicago

NER need a win here. Fire are just playing out the string and have little to no motivation, even at home. NER has been unable to get the win when they need one but they have too much midfield strength while the Fire's defence is still pretty horrid.

Prediction: 2-1 for NER

Western Conference games are all at 5pm

SKC @ RSL

RSL is guaranteed playoffs with a tie here but are in with a chance at 3rd and 4th, especially as next week they travel to Seattle. RSL has 1 loss at home but 7 draws. SKC still hasn't secured a spot. These two teams do not like each other.

Prediction: 1-1 draw

Colorado @ Portland

With a win and a Dallas loss, the Rapids take the shield. Portland realistically HAS to win this game.This will be a playoff atmosphere. I'm not sure the Rapids will be ready for that sort of a reception.

Prediction: 3-1 for Portland

Vancouver @ San Jose

The only game between 2 teams not going to be in the playoffs. Attendance will be awful. So, in MLS fashion, this means this will be the best game of the week.

Prediction: 3-2 for San Jose

LAG @ Houston

Houston's form since they got rid of the boat anchor that was Owen Coyle has been decent enough, with an improved defence; but they suffered the last 3 games against playoff bound teams. LAG is really just playing for 3rd or 4th but hasn't been great of late. They have 15 draws so far this season.

Prediction: 2- 2 draw

Seattle @ FCD

Two teams looking really good heading into the playoffs - a possible 2 vs 3 scenario in the second round. Dallas wants to keep the pressure on the Rapids for the Shield. Seattle is looking to cement a home game in the first round.

Prediction: 3-1 for Dallas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should be some great games. I am tempted to buy the MLS live game day pass which allows you to watch every game for $7.99.
    However the TFC game is blacked out I believe and that's the one I want to watch. Really sucks that I can get all the TSN channels except TSN2 which of course is what the game is being shown on.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you care to see an absolutely horrendous miss check out the Adi rebound attempt after his penalty was saved by Howard....wow it's bad

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carlos Ruiz puts Dallas in the driver's seat for the SShield.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mauro Diaz apparently has a ripped Achilles. Probably going to miss the playoffs. Big loss for Dallas
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nobody wants to go to Colorado for an MLS Cup final in December. Frankly I'd rather it be in Yankee stadium then at altitude.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Carlos Ruiz puts Dallas in the driver's seat for the SShield.
    Carlos Effin Ruiz with the the winner but Urruti to get them started.

Honourable mention to Stefan Frei with the last chance on net with a header on goal.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER