Page 116 of 197 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,480 of 5892
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Petor View Post
    Yes we will have only 3 stands because of the argos, but remember this, we have four stands now.
    a stand we can't fill at the moment. No point in having stands if people don't sit in them. reduced capacity isn't a terrible thing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    a stand we can't fill at the moment. No point in having stands if people don't sit in them. reduced capacity isn't a terrible thing.
    Until they built that upper deck for the argos we had no problems getting people in the north stands after they dropped the initial silly prices.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Until they built that upper deck for the argos we had no problems getting people in the north stands after they dropped the initial silly prices.
    It's better for us next season to be at 28k than 31k. simple as that. With the p******s, filling 28k on a semi-regular basis shouldn't be a problem next year. 31k is a little more daunting.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's better for us next season to be at 28k than 31k. simple as that. With the p******s, filling 28k on a semi-regular basis shouldn't be a problem next year. 31k is a little more daunting.
    28K? 31K?

Unles we make it past more than one round of the p******s this year don't expect much more or less than 20,000 depending on the opposition next season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by troy1982 View Post
    You should re-read what i wrote
    My mistake - apologies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

28K? 31K?

Unles we make it past more than one round of the p******s this year don't expect much more or less than 20,000 depending on the opposition next season.
    we're averaging about 22k this season. p****** bump is gonna probably be about 2-4k. Might be more depending on how far we get.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

28K? 31K?

Well if the restructure the ludicrous pricing on the second deck east side we'd do a lot better. It should be 20 or 30 bucks across the board on the new section. Some games the tickets go up to over 100 bucks on the second level. Vs the red bulls they range from $24 to $81 before service fees. That is absurd

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we're averaging about 22k this season. p****** bump is gonna probably be about 2-4k. Might be more depending on how far we get.
    P****** bump yes, but there are negatives as well like an almost guaranteed price increase for SSH and the Argos moving in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

P****** bump yes, but there are negatives as well like an almost guaranteed price increase for SSH and the Argos moving in.
    there's not going to be a price increase for most areas of the stadium. If they can't come close to filling the stadium already, then there's no point of a price increase.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there's not going to be a price increase for most areas of the stadium. If they can't come close to filling the stadium already, then there's no point of a price increase.
    I totally agree about there being no point in a price increase, but does MLSE?
    That's what's important.
    Last edited by Petor; 10-06-2015 at 05:24 PM. Reason: clarify

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's what's important.

yeah supply and demand is pretty much business 101. They're still gonna be building on a certain momentum next year, they know it's better to just fill the stadium no matter what, and when we have a consistnent winner they'll start talking price increases. It doesn't make sense from a business perspective to do wide ranging price increases next year. There are still people at MLSE who saw what happened the first time they priced out a large group of fans. It wasn't good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah supply and demand is pretty much business 101. They're still gonna be building on a certain momentum next year, they know it's better to just fill the stadium no matter what, and when we have a consistnent winner they'll start talking price increases. It doesn't make sense from a business perspective to do wide ranging price increases next year. There are still people at MLSE who saw what happened the first time they priced out a large group of fans. It wasn't good.
    So, who is going to pay for the expansion, the Argos stuff, the canopy(partial roof)?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, who is going to pay for the expansion, the Argos stuff, the canopy(partial roof)?
    Increased attendance, argos games + any other one off events. a stadium this big with room for lot's of expansion is also gonna be very valuable in 5 years when the CBA is up again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Increased attendance, argos games + any other one off events. a stadium this big with room for lot's of expansion is also gonna be very valuable in 5 years when the CBA is up again.
    Wow! So TFC SSH's should expect a decrease in ticket prices because of all this extra revenue?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow! So TFC SSH's should expect a decrease in ticket prices because of all this extra revenue?
    no? Just because it doesn't make sense to raise prices, doesn't mean their gonna decrease them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no? Just because it doesn't make sense to raise prices, doesn't mean their gonna decrease them.
    Ok, so they won't decrease them.
    Player's salaries are paid in US dollars?
    Look what happened to the Canadian $ vs the US $ in 2015
    http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?fr...to=USD&view=5Y

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So basically the intimacy of the stadium will be effected with no more north stand, the stadium will be a more open air feel to it because of the removal of the north stand, the stadium already is too open even with the north stand, it will be even worse with the removal of the north stand regardless of the roof over the remaining stands. For me the ideal renovation would have been instead of the second stand on the east side I would have filled all the open spaces with more stands, put in an even wider north stand that would have filled all the open spaces on the north side and then put a roof on all four sides, but no we are in Canada and must safe the Argos so now we basically have Tim Hortons field with a roof over the three stands ugly. I've been to Tim Hortons field in Hamilton and its basically your 1960's era CFL stadium open air at it's finest ugly as shit!
    Last edited by SoccMan2; 10-06-2015 at 06:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, so they won't decrease them.
    Player's salaries are paid in US dollars?
    Look what happened to the Canadian $ vs the US $ in 2015
    http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?fr...to=USD&view=5Y

I don't know what point you;re trying to make. The stadium reno was a long-term investment. MLSE know's that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know what point you;re trying to make. The stadium reno was a long-term investment. MLSE know's that.
    My point is, do you still think after all this info that TFC SSH ticket prices will not increase next season?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My point is, do you still think after all this info that TFC SSH ticket prices will not increase next season?
    yeah? i pretty plainly laid out all the reasons why I don't think that's gonna happen.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's what's important.
    Given they are pricing to new SSH's what people are currently paying, I'd say they have already made the decision to no go with an increase. We might see some band changes though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Next two games will determine what happens with prices.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    So basically the intimacy of the stadium will be effected with no more north stand, the stadium will be a more open air feel to it because of the removal of the north stand, the stadium already is too open even with the north stand, it will be even worse with the removal of the north stand regardless of the roof over the remaining stands. For me the ideal renovation would have been instead of the second stand on the east side I would have filled all the open spaces with more stands, put in an even wider north stand that would have filled all the open spaces on the north side and then put a roof on all four sides, but no we are in Canada and must safe the Argos so now we basically have Tim Hortons field with a roof over the three stands ugly. I've been to Tim Hortons field in Hamilton and its basically your 1960's era CFL stadium open air at it's finest ugly as shit!

Agree 100%. That is why I say give BMO to Argos and build a proper single tier 24k roofed stadium for soccer not 60's style CFL stadium. Even if it has to built at Downsview.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you think MLSE are going to plunk down another $200m+ on that?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and yet, many professional clubs across the globe have less than four stands. It's a mad, mad world I tell ya.
    And yet it still looks bush league.

Pricing will always be an issue but I doubt there will be substantial increase with the amount of bad will they're creating with the mass relocations.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default BMO

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielHurl View Post
    Do you think MLSE are going to plunk down another $200m+ on that?

The City owns the stadium. Stop phase 2 of BMO and begin a new.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wishful thinking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They started on phase 2 eight months ago, you're not stopping it now.

Also if we built our own stadium i'm sure the city would find a way to shove the argos on us again after the operating costs of BMO become too large and they have to find a cheaper place to play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Given they are pricing to new SSH's what people are currently paying, I'd say they have already made the decision to no go with an increase. We might see some band changes though.
    I don't think you can draw that conclusion from this. They created two pricing tiers, and what happens in one does not necessarily reflect what will happen in the other. Legacy SSH's are benefiting from the "we suck, please don't leave us price cut", and I think that starts getting rolled back the second we make the p******s. I think they have learned their lesson and there will not be steep increases, but I will be shocked if they maintain those prices - barring us not making the p******s.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^Okay mods - who's the joker that put p l a y o f f s on the banned word list?