Page 85 of 197 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135185 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,550 of 5892
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Til I see lines on the pitch, I will take a deep breath, relax and look forward to the Reds busy week that lays ahead, three games at home.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    I have zero issue with this, count me in.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glaze View Post
    What other bush league sells a franchise, with a press conference, without even saying what the price was?
    Probably it's when the price is $1 and the main financial commitment is to cover the franchise's losses it's a bit embarrassing.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post

Til I see lines on the pitch, I will take a deep breath, relax and look forward to the Reds busy week that lays ahead, three games at home.
    And then what? You see the lines and then get angry? That could've been prevented and he has failed to do that.

Asking me to wait and trust him when he confuses growth for the game for soccer experience as my main priority is the mistake he's made.

Take a breath? Well, I guess it's better than Get used to it. Oh that reminds me, we got the meaningless friendly after Portland. Trophies would be better.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Wearing black will not amount to much. Staying home, might.
    IF that makes you feel better, do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    And then what? You see the lines and then get angry? That could've been prevented and he has failed to do that.

Asking me to wait and trust him when he confuses growth for the game for soccer experience as my main priority is the mistake he's made.

Take a breath? Well, I guess it's better than Get used to it. Oh that reminds me, we got the meaningless friendly after Portland. Trophies would be better.
    I'd have been quite pleased if TL / MLSE had not bothered upgrading BMO and instead used the $120 million they are spending to build a separate football stadium somewhere else. Sure it would have been basic but it could have been very functional.

Most TFC supporter's would have gladly chosen that option if it meant keeping the Argos off our pitch.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    I'd have been quite pleased if TL / MLSE had not bothered upgrading BMO and instead used the $120 million they are spending to build a separate football stadium somewhere else. Sure it would have been basic but it could have been very functional.

Most TFC supporter's would have gladly chosen that option if it meant keeping the Argos off our pitch.
    I'm sure people are sick of me saying it but I am so very glad I got the opportunity to look TL in the face and plead that case.

His assurance answer without promising let me know where he stood. Now he's made himself untrustworthy. He didn't lie. I just have no reason to trust he prioritizes the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The pitch will be OK ? Who are they kidding ! This joke of an organization has got one season left. If they don't win and get into the play-offs this year very few will renew their season tickets for next year. The CFL is a weekend league, so is MLS. You can bet your bottom dollar that TFC and MLS will have to work around the CFL because of the TV rights. A wet day in July could fuck the pitch up for the rest of the year, and a wet one n November will fuck it up for the following season. Joke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess the long view is that if we actually have a competitive team in the thick of it for MLS cup, that will dominate the conversation rather then field quality. If we continue to be a bottom feeder team people stop showing up regardless on how the pitch looks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    I'm sure people are sick of me saying it but I am so very glad I got the opportunity to look TL in the face and plead that case.

His assurance answer without promising let me know where he stood. Now he's made himself untrustworthy. He didn't lie. I just have no reason to trust he prioritizes the game.
    Clearly whatever Leiweke says should be taken with a bucket of salt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

guys no point in crying about this issue, we all knew it was going to happen. Now they say it will not hurt the field at all, lets see what they can do. MLSE has tons of money and they know if they mess this up, all the money they put in TFC can go out the window. If the field looks destroyed the first game TFC plays on it and you can also see football lines, then we got problems. We can simply strike and not go to any games and or renew season seats. They know they can't mess this up

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    The suits don't play.

I support TFC.
    I will be supporting TFC from a NON-MLSE owned establishment. They're not getting a single dime from me from now own.

Love the team, loathe the owners.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    You already have one foot out the door, Lieweke. Just fuck off and get out already, you carnival barker!
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    All black looks very different from the Onyx kits.
    They do but there so close that you certainly can't tell on TV.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leiweke will be long gone by the time the pitch is ruined so he can say whatever he wants.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

#BlackistheNoArgos would have been a better hashtag but stopping them is impossible now

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Milanista View Post
    guys no point in crying about this issue, we all knew it was going to happen. Now they say it will not hurt the field at all, lets see what they can do. MLSE has tons of money and they know if they mess this up, all the money they put in TFC can go out the window. If the field looks destroyed the first game TFC plays on it and you can also see football lines, then we got problems. We can simply strike and not go to any games and or renew season seats. They know they can't mess this up
    Feel free to wait and trust. We didn't KNOW anything from these folks or I would've done something. Now is the time we know. Now is the time people can do something.

Don't "cry about it now"?? So you'll wait to cry later? Feel free to. It's your prerogitive.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reading some of the articles and the comments since the announcement. I think it is more anti-soccer people than Argos fans posting the negative comments. Our society is really something. Some people just live to hate on things and try to kick people when they are down. Good thing the good and level headed people still outnumber those idiots. If the tables were turned and our team was moving into another team's stadium and possibly ruining their experience with their team I think I would be quite sympathetic to that and not feel good about my team's move in that case. I think that would be the normal reaction. That is why I think the comments made are just from anti-soccer idiots and also why the mods had to stop the trolling yesterday. Pathetic that it had to happen but that is life in today's society.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    And they will make sure the squad clmes out in the onyx kits and it just blends in.
    They WISH they sold that many Onyx shirts.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Argos are coming. That can't be stopped.

Focus on the turf. On every possible aspect.

One thing that should be expected is for MLSE to provide an individual that is to be held directly accountable for the turf. is that Bob Hunter? MLSE should be pressured to provide that level of accountability. Cause it ain't Bez and it ain't TL. And without that figurehead, MLSE can get away with this becoming a corporate screw up.

Secondly, there is one aspect nobody on here is talking about - the sidelines. Gridiron wears down two areas - the centre and where players stand before they go on the field. Rugby examples don't help here. But if you want to see where gridiron is affecting the field for the Fire, its the sides where players stand. Somebody should be asking for details of exactly how MLSE proposes to ensure that where the players stand is not broken down. What is the plan?

We've heard about lines.

We've heard about the turf in general.

Lets hear about specific issues we have seen from other examples.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Timmy...bubala, uh I mean, Mr Leiweke, go out with a bang - give Mr Ancelotti an offer he can't refuse."

Last edited by Red CB Toronto; 05-21-2015 at 09:25 AM.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    The Argos are coming. That can't be stopped.

Focus on the turf. On every possible aspect.

One thing that should be expected is for MLSE to provide an individual that is to be held directly accountable for the turf. is that Bob Hunter? MLSE should be pressured to provide that level of accountability. Cause it ain't Bez and it ain't TL. And without that figurehead, MLSE can get away with this becoming a corporate screw up.

Secondly, there is one aspect nobody on here is talking about - the sidelines. Gridiron wears down two areas - the centre and where players stand before they go on the field. Rugby examples don't help here. But if you want to see where gridiron is affecting the field for the Fire, its the sides where players stand. Somebody should be asking for details of exactly how MLSE proposes to ensure that where the players stand is not broken down. What is the plan?

We've heard about lines.

We've heard about the turf in general.

Lets hear about specific issues we have seen from other examples.
    This maybe?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not interested in hearing them talk. This franchise always has something to sell people on. If press releases were championships TFC would be a perennial powerhouse.

Let's just see it work: the end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Milanista View Post
    Ill be waiting for that first game but the best way to protest is we stop buying concessions, thats where they will feel it the most. We must buy the tickets, this way we hold the seats as randsom.
    You don't have to show up, but the best protest would include holding on to your tickets

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat;w1743282
    They WISH they sold that many Onyx shirts.
    This is true lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to say, that I find it funny that from what I see that many of the people that are up in arms on this, are the same people that seem less concerned that we have been losing since day one.

It is times like this when I think that the clubs ( including the supporters) priorities are all fucked.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not buying concessions hurts MLSE financially but can not be tied to the turf concerns or the Argo decision. Same with not showing up. Not renewing can be documented though. But, as others have said in here, MLSE will have worked out how many SSH's they can expect to lose because of this.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Add 5 metres to either side for the width of a CFL field but yes that might work. Somebody should be asking them about this though.

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    This maybe?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    I have to say, that I find it funny that from what I see that many of the people that are up in arms on this, are the same people that seem less concerned that we have been losing since day one.

It is times like this when I think that the clubs ( including the supporters) priorities are all fucked.
    It makes complete sense. Those who care more about the results did what they did. Those who care about the pitch are doing something now.

Its just different priorities. No need to dig up that argument and turn the knives on each other.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    Ill be waiting for that first game but the best way to protest is we stop buying concessions, thats where they will feel it the most. We must buy the tickets, this way we hold the seats as randsom.
    You don't have to show up, but the best protest would include holding on to your tickets
    If this makes you feel better, do it but the amount of people that will refrain won't make much of a difference to their bottom line gameday.