Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's for all the new pics Wags!

Really looking good. Lot left it looks like guess they have lost some time with the cold temperatures. Hopefully were still on pace for opening day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
    went for a jog tonight.
    took some snaps.
    That's hilarious, I was in the area too so I stopped to take a few pics as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wags, there's going to be 3 elevators total.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
    went for a jog tonight.
    took some snaps.

some interesting things.
    how the wrap around concourse connecting West, South, East is shapping up.
    it looks good.

there appears to be an elevator being installed at Gate 4. From the Ground directly to the press box.

there appears to be a new gate between 3b and 4. Supporter's Gate??

Thanks for those.

Glad they are putting in a south west gate. They are certainly taking a chunk out of that slight bit of grass where kids to take part in the opening mingled around waiting.

As for the concourse, that's going to be interesting how the architecture changes the interaction of people across the stadium as a whole. Skydome on the 2nd and 5th levels often makes you think like you are running in an endless loop of places to buy beer and nachos - the lack of ability to see out is a major issue. The 1st level is much better for that with the openings towards the field. The upper levels feels like its designed for you to get out of there and back to your seats as quick as possible so that you can become part of the herd.

With this concourse and the roof, its going to be interesting how people interact. I've often felt that it is a MUCH different feel when you walk down to your seat as against up - descending into a comfort destination rather then ascending up to your perch. With more people descending into the south, that will be interesting to watch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm intrigued by the concrete base of the new east stand. It's going to feel different up there than the original parts of the stadium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    I'm intrigued by the concrete base of the new east stand. It's going to feel different up there than the original parts of the stadium.
    Yeah you're going to have to sing to make noise.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gmacpheetfc View Post
    Yeah you're going to have to sing to make noise.
    People on the east side sing? When do they have the time?

THEY DON'T FREAKIN SHOW UP UNTIL 30 MINUTES INTO THE GAME (111 excepted).

(As against people on the West side who show up 15 minutes late and then spend the rest of the game pondering what they are supposed to do without background noise a la the Raptors)

Gosh we need that roof.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    People on the east side sing? When do they have the time?

THEY DON'T FREAKIN SHOW UP UNTIL 30 MINUTES INTO THE GAME (111 excepted).

(As against people on the West side who show up 15 minutes late and then spend the rest of the game pondering what they are supposed to do without background noise a la the Raptors)

Gosh we need that roof.
    It is a shame the new stands won't block the view of that... I sat in the upper west side last year, and couldn't believe how many people were still streaming in well after kick off. Just don't understand it... and then they leave 10-15 minutes before the final whistle.

Anyone notice how lopsided it is... anyone know if the roof on both sides will be leveled? Or does the east side get to have that cold wet November west wind?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    It is a shame the new stands won't block the view of that... I sat in the upper west side last year, and couldn't believe how many people were still streaming in well after kick off. Just don't understand it... and then they leave 10-15 minutes before the final whistle.

Anyone notice how lopsided it is... anyone know if the roof on both sides will be leveled? Or does the east side get to have that cold wet November west wind?
    Leaving early and arriving late has been a problem for years. It's mostly transit related but there is a section of fans that don't care.

See Leafs, Jays and Raps. Fans come late leave early.

I know GO transit was on a half hour schedule for some of the season not sure how much that helped.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    I know GO transit was on a half hour schedule for some of the season not sure how much that helped.
    GO has been half-hourly since end of June 2013.

Doesn't seem to change arrivals much. Many coming from the west seem to still show up at kickoff, instead of 30-minutes earlier. I think it's cut down on people leaving early a bit. Though the odd occasion I've walked out when the final whistle blows and raced to catch an eastbound train, there's been plenty of people already in the station who left early. Though it partly depends on where you sit. The season I was in 104, I could catch the train no problem after the whistle. Couldn't do that in 220. From 114 I need the train to be running a couple of minutes late (and few injuries!).

I think it's just a Toronto thing. Though I haven't seen it as much at the couple of Rugby games at BMO I've attended. But they are such rare events ...

Sometimes you'll see me leave early with a fussy baby, who has had it. Though most of the folks on the GO platform don't seem to have that encumbrance. I really don't get it with half-hourly service.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    GO has been half-hourly since end of June 2013.
    Good to know. I don't take it. Usually get a ride to Joes from Ivy or catch the streetcar and I'm at Joes in 15 Mins after a quick walk up Dufferin.

Seems to be the Toronto disease then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup it is a Toronto thing. We come from Woodstock on the Go, and, always arrive one hour prior to kick off.

Edit...almost forgot, thanks for the awesome pics guys!!! Keep 'em coming!
    Last edited by FRANKIE65; 03-03-2015 at 10:09 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fans will always be late, its part of our culture now. no different than some euro & arab speaking counries. wedding reception at 5:30 means show up at 7 dinner at 7:30

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    Good to know. I don't take it. Usually get a ride to Joes from Ivy or catch the streetcar and I'm at Joes in 15 Mins after a quick walk up Dufferin.

Seems to be the Toronto disease then.
    It's not just a sport thing. It's fashionable to be late for everything here.

Throwing a party at 8? Good luck having the bulk there by 10.
    Want to go to a bar on a weekend? Nobody's going till midnight.
    etc

Everyone loves to cut it close or show up right at the last moment....except our transit is falling apart/is slow + traffic sucks generally... and it doesn't really work out so well. Not to mention the bottlenecks everywhere, GO tunnel, TTC gates, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are rarely late, and it is only due to traffic, transit woes, fix that and people won't be late. As for leaving early, fix the fucking congestion at the GO station and people can leave at the end of match and catch that train, but I have missed the train by mere minutes because of that stupid tunnel congestion. Put a fucking footridge to Atlantic Avenue so pedestrians don't have to cut through the Westbound platform access.
    Idiotic planning of Toronto and the CNE. Rant is over. Can't wait for the Home Opener. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    We are rarely late, and it is only due to traffic, transit woes, fix that and people won't be late. As for leaving early, fix the fucking congestion at the GO station and people can leave at the end of match and catch that train, but I have missed the train by mere minutes because of that stupid tunnel congestion.
    They started construction already building a new exit from the tunnel directly to Atlantic, so that those going to Atlantic (which seem to be the majority) don't have to climb the stairs up to the platform, which appears to be the bottleneck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have anxiety disorder, I have to arrive early so I'm at the front of the line, grab a beer and a slice (or something fun when scotched eggs were there) and take my seat... last year was the first time I sat in the upper deck, so it was the first time I realized just how many there were, I just assumed they were getting food or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    We are rarely late, and it is only due to traffic, transit woes, fix that and people won't be late. As for leaving early, fix the fucking congestion at the GO station and people can leave at the end of match and catch that train, but I have missed the train by mere minutes because of that stupid tunnel congestion. Put a fucking footridge to Atlantic Avenue so pedestrians don't have to cut through the Westbound platform access.
    Idiotic planning of Toronto and the CNE. Rant is over. Can't wait for the Home Opener. Thanks for posting the pictures.
    That tunnel should be the logo of Toronto's planning department. It typifies everything we do wrong. Then again, it could also be the Leslie/Lakeshore intersection, the Gardiner, Union Station, Queen's Quay. Take your pick really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky_Portugal View Post
    i have a friend thats working for the concrete guys they are running 24 hour crew shifts just so that they can be finished in time for the opener
    I'd hate to be one of these guys working on the stadium. Went to the Toronto Motorcycle Show at Direct Energy centre. Came outside after 9pm. It was effin FREEZING outside. There the crew were, working away with cranes and cold steel. Wow... I would hate that.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMacphisto View Post
    I'd hate to be one of these guys working on the stadium. Went to the Toronto Motorcycle Show at Direct Energy centre. Came outside after 9pm. It was effin FREEZING outside. There the crew were, working away with cranes and cold steel. Wow... I would hate that.
    its the price you pay to be in a high paying job with union and benifits and no formal education thats why after working in the field for 14 years im going to to college to change my career
    Ai estes são os Ultras do Benfica Primeiros a nascer
    Odiamos os tripeiros Queremos ver o Porto a arder
    DIABOS VERMELHOS 1982

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky_Portugal View Post
    its the price you pay to be in a high paying job with union and benifits and no formal education thats why after working in the field for 14 years im going to to college to change my career
    I feel ya. Tried working at Toyota for 1.5 years and I was out. And that had climate control (Sort of)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm surprised how rickety the south-east corner of the new stand looks. A single steel beam holding up the corner, no cross support until you're down to the level of the old east stands, concrete laid up on top. I'm sure it's all perfectly safe, just looks a big odd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stop talking about the construction, there's a thread for that!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by justin View Post
    Stop talking about the construction, there's a thread for that!
    Agreed! More photos and mostly photos please!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone should fly a drone over it and make a video.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Someone should fly a drone over it and make a video.
    Well here's a pic from a drone

http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showthr...nd-Area/page13

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very cool!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome pic! Can't wait to see a game at the new BMO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the TFC twitter account

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that pic is old.
    almost all of the cement base has been installed.