Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    Yep. For years now the Argonauts fans in the city have been rubbing their hands and drooling at the mouth to get into BMO Field - pretty much because of those key points you mentioned above. BMO Field is, unfortunately, as close to a perfect venue for a CFL team as one could hope for. I've never been a hater of the Argonauts and used to be a big fan myself, and I don't oppose the fundamental concept of ground-sharing outright. But in the case of BMO Field, I know TFC would lose out the most out of the two clubs, and that's why I oppose it. We would be compromising the integrity of our pitch, our seating, and our influence as primary tenants in the facility just so an outside organization can get a better deal for their lease.

But with everything said and done, I'm not surprised in the least with the latest news. I can't even call it a betrayal because it was so obvious in the making. Myself and a few others have been saying for years now that MLSE would jump at the chance to bring in another tenant to BMO Field - either with a team they owned or one who paid them a few for use of the facilities. This comes as no shock in the slightest.
    Cash this will be a principle for many. What was called the National Soccer Stadium was intended for one use. The rest that happened may have been predictable but it doesn't change it becoming a betrayal. One can see a betrayal coming and it doesn't change the definition. How we all react to it may be different but I'm calling it what it is.

I've seen elsewhere "Everyone should've seen this coming..." it doesn't diminish how wrong it is. If people want to accept it happening and manage their disappointment, that's fine, but its something I'm not going to be able to just get over and pretend business as usual. I'm glad we have games to distract from this "sword of damocles" but summer couldn't pass soon enough for me regarding this decision.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eastend View Post
    Is it in phase 2 that they change the seats to blue?

This is very sad. I never disliked the Argos until this started to happen. Now I hate them. Juvenile I know but it is what it is.

Dom
    Phase 3 is when they have to decide about the South end. Whether they build with retractable seating and a different roof. I assume they are putting this decision off for as long as they can for leverage in talks this summer.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Cash this will be a principle for many. What was called the National Soccer Stadium was intended for one use. The rest that happened may have been predictable but it doesn't change it becoming a betrayal. One can see a betrayal coming and it doesn't change the definition. How we all react to it may be different but I'm calling it what it is.

I've seen elsewhere "Everyone should've seen this coming..." it doesn't diminish how wrong it is. If people want to accept it happening and manage their disappointment, that's fine, but its something I'm not going to be able to just get over and pretend business as usual. I'm glad we have games to distract from this "sword of damocles" but summer couldn't pass soon enough for me regarding this decision.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    I enjoyed that so very much. I'm gonna go rewatch it on Netflix now.

"Sudden but Inevitable betrayal."

Brilliant, Cash. Love it.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 02-21-2015 at 02:02 PM.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely one of my top ten sci-fi flicks.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.