Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Mascot? Mascot?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I get the fact that people want a more organic experience and don't want all the same craziness that happens at Raptor games and whatnot and I do too but if the mascot just walks around the stadium for pics with the kids and stays out of the supporter section then who cares really. Not me anyway. I voted in that Council survey though that I am not at all interested in the mascot thing which is the honest truth. It won't add to my match day experience or my kids really for that matter being that they are older.

The one thing they do currently that irritates me every game is say "fans, please stand and hold your scarves up high". It pisses me off each time because fans started holding their scarves up for the anthem well before the stadium guy ever told us to and now them saying to do it makes me feel like not doing it. Now when people come to the stadium they don't say "wow everyone holds up their scarves for the anthem, that looks really cool that supporters do that" instead they will say "everyone holds their scarves up and it looked pretty cool but they only did it because TFC told them to". Maybe I am just crotchety in my older age but it annoys me every game. What's next? "supporter sections, wave your flags for that goal"?
    the fact they say to hold scarf up high actually doesn't bother me at all, but what does drive me crazy is the announcer in general (does he also do other MLS club announcements at games because I swear Columbus announcer sounded the same when we all went there for the big away day some years back?) anyways he sounds like a Monster truck announcer or the guy who seemed to do every dam movie trailer commercial back in the 90's, ya the guy with the deep, drawn out voice...the deeper the voice the more manly and cool the movie was supose to look, but dammit i can't stand it!!! can we start a new thread just based on the announcer, he bugs me more then a mascot!!
    Last edited by james; 02-18-2015 at 01:13 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today's Toronto Star story about Ontarians looking to other cities to get vaccinated had a picture of Sparx, the Forge FC mascot in a photo for the story! More coverage than the entire league ever got in the sports page!

https://torontostar.pressreader.com/...10519/textview
    That's page A6 for those with access to the printed paper or the epaper. They don't know the mascot's name but hey, a walking orange flame carrying a hammer getting an oversized needle from a masked nurse in the parking lot is certainly memorable.