Thread: Mascot? Mascot?

RPB Member
    Membership Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Califax View Post
    If we have a mascot it should be a giant stuffed bitchy. Probably can't name the stuffed hawk bitchy but they can be brother and sister or some shit.

Itchy and Bitchy.

Kids like mascots. If hugging a giant hawk makes them love soccer when their mom and dad take them to games, I'm for it.
    Agreed!
    Kids totally love mascots and some EPL clubs have them these days too. Whatever works.
    Official Member of the Montreal Miracle Crew 2009

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First of all: App Joke. Gold

Second: where is this survey?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First of all: App Joke. Gold

Second: where is this survey?

The survey is from the TFC Council they email people who signed up here is the link

https://www.torontofccouncil.ca/Port...C/default.aspx

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Strikers View Post
    The survey is from the TFC Council they email people who signed up here is the link

https://www.torontofccouncil.ca/Port...C/default.aspx
    Thank you good sir.

Questions seem silly but a great initiative for interaction and feedback

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just filled out the torontofccouncil survey as well.

Strong no on the Mascot.

Interestingly they had Gilberto as an option to pick for the starting line up.

they also asked for an opinion on a Goal Song.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found the starting 11 question strange. Are they just trying to gage which players are more popular with fans? It is the coach who should be making the decision of the 11.
    Also I am not for a mascot to be on pitch or even in the stands during the game, It distracts from the game. But if he is roaming the concourse or at clinics or community events for the kids, that is ok with me.
    I am surprised they did not ask about a cheerleading squad like some of the US team have - lol

RoadTrips:Columbus/Vancouver/Montreal/Columbus/NewYork/Montreal/
    RPBScarf:2015/2019/2023

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Forget about mascot questions, what about asking us who to put on starting line up? I think that was weird question to ask, but I wonder if they take our starting 11 choices seriously though.
    If you can put out a starting team, then you're obviously a major supporter, you're (still) there for the football, and they can safely ignore whatever it is that you have to say because you'll be at the game anyway!
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't want to challenge others or go over the top here, but can I ask why having a mascot at a game would every be a "strong no" a "no" or really anything else than a "why not?"

No trying to be snide, I just really don't understand why anyone would object to something that kids love.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't want to challenge others or go over the top here, but can I ask why having a mascot at a game would every be a "strong no" a "no" or really anything else than a "why not?"

No trying to be snide, I just really don't understand why anyone would object to something that kids love.
    Yea, while I'd object to cheerleaders, don't see what the big deal about a mascot that just walks around the stadium pre and post game is. Happens almost everywhere and it doesn't serve as that much of a distraction. Only issue I can see is if the mascot is utterly horrible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huyton View Post
    If you can put out a starting team, then you're obviously a major supporter, you're (still) there for the football, and they can safely ignore whatever it is that you have to say because you'll be at the game anyway!
    You're probably right! They're just using a creative way to separate soccer fans from people who just want to have fun at the game. I am sure all this mascot and other off-field stuff questions is geared towards people who just want to have fun.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow, twitter is full of the talk.

I say we revert our main home page to the dedicated picture of any mascot (if it ever happens) in a call back to the furry p0rn day.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamehawk View Post
    Yea, while I'd object to cheerleaders, don't see what the big deal about a mascot that just walks around the stadium pre and post game is. Happens almost everywhere and it doesn't serve as that much of a distraction. Only issue I can see is if the mascot is utterly horrible.
    You're assuming that, but knowing MLSE, they probably use TFC mascot like they do with Raptors mascot to entertain fans during half time. However, I thought Bitchy was our mascot already?

I personally don't care about mascot as long they don't force it onto us. But I personally prefer cheerleaders over having a mascot, but I am sure having cheerleaders might offend some people though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    a call back to the furry p0rn day.
    I personally don't care about mascot as long they don't force it onto us.
    These two together

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coming to BMO?
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paul Berine agrees that Bitchy is our mascot already and that two Tims should learn TFC history.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I answerd Tom Anselmi. He'd make a great mascot. But seriously - take a look at this list of clubs with mascots : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...otball_mascots - you have Serie A clubs, La Liga clubs, Bundesliga clubs, EPL, clubs, Brazilian Clubs, Portuguese clubs, the list goes on...

Picking the starting lineup was interesting for sure, so was the question asking us about what kind of goal celebrations we want to see....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the mascot questions asked was where we would want the mascot to be featured. An option was "in the stands". I do not want a mascot running around in the stands during play, blocking what is going on. It works in other sports that have longer stops/starts and commercial timeouts, but not for soccer. At which point, we would see them pregame, halftime and postgame. We have Rachel and Bitchy for those times already.

I said gameday is great for bitchy, community/public events for the mascot. I think that's a fair balance. have the mascot run around the concourse as well, just stay out of the beer line....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    I answerd Tom Anselmi. He'd make a great mascot. But seriously - take a look at this list of clubs with mascots : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...otball_mascots - you have Serie A clubs, La Liga clubs, Bundesliga clubs, EPL, clubs, Brazilian Clubs, Portuguese clubs, the list goes on...

Picking the starting lineup was interesting for sure, so was the question asking us about what kind of goal celebrations we want to see....
    Both Montreal Impact and Vancouver Whitecaps have mascots? I never knew about that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    I assumed starting line-up was for marketing. People put their favourite players in that space. I put Giovinco in net.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mascot...sure. But he'll never get above the first section no matter what people say. Why? Cause TFC game day operations has as much sizzle as a day old hot dog in the sun.

Example -

One game last season, a row behind me in 221 won free pizza.

Pizza guys never showed up. Nobody came by to deliver coupons.

Game Operations Fail

Because of that and a few other things, I am less then impressed with TFC game day operations.

Its slipshod. OK, I'm a bit biased cause of various entertainment jobs I've had, but they just don't seem to give a crap beyond doing the basics to keep the sponsers happy and sell stuff.

Heck, even the Argos in the bad old days of Sherwood Schwartz took their game day operations more seriously.

They want people to show up...and then don't do anything to get them to want to be there.

Great at selling beer. But....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both Montreal Impact and Vancouver Whitecaps have mascots? I never knew about that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdogg View Post
    One of the mascot questions asked was where we would want the mascot to be featured. An option was "in the stands". I do not want a mascot running around in the stands during play, blocking what is going on. It works in other sports that have longer stops/starts and commercial timeouts, but not for soccer. At which point, we would see them pregame, halftime and postgame. We have Rachel and Bitchy for those times already.

I said gameday is great for bitchy, community/public events for the mascot. I think that's a fair balance. have the mascot run around the concourse as well, just stay out of the beer line....
    The first part is fair... til you got to Rachel and Bitchy.

Bitchy doesn't really do anything. It just flies up and then that's it. If it's gonna strangle a seagull with it's feet while the kids play bubble soccer then sure, but It's job is really to keep seagulls away. There is no reason the mascot can't co exist with Rachel. All she does is talk, which is precisely what the mascot doesn't do.

Anyway, thank you, good points about being in the stands during the 45's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Small note: Rachel isn't with TFC anymore. She works for MLS in New York now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brutal. If TFC mascot look anything like those two, then I don't think kids would want to take picture with it. lol

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow, I wold kick that saputo mascot in the ball.

Oh wait...

Those mascots look like a bad nightmare out take from labryinth.
    Last edited by Phil; 02-12-2015 at 03:26 PM.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Vancouver one wouldn't look out of place at a Toronto Blue Jays game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man, oh man, some people (mainly on Twitter) are wound up tight right now. I shudder to think what hell fury will be unleashed if we drop some games on the road start (which is likely).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well those are terrible.

If we get a mascot, I can see everyone voting for 'Bitchy' the hawk but I don't see something named 'Bitchy' winning over a lot of parents and stuff at Sick Kid's or at that kid's part outside of BMO. What I can see however is something stupid like the above ones.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there was a three month point where families wandering into the supporters section saw me with a mask and assumed i was the mascot. i was alright with pictures with folks as long as it was after the match. come to think of it, no ones ever approached me during a match asking.

long story short give me beer and i'll be the mascot.