0 Thread(s)

Mornin' d'!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morning d'.

From the War of Words article:
    “We didn’t even get the big (signings) right last year,” Bezbatchenko said. “You know, guys who are going to fit right on the field and not get into fights about who is going to take a free kick.”
    If that doesn't say something right there. If they're that focused on team chemistry, then it's a good thing that Defoe is gone and Gilberto won't be coming back.

And I have to admit, I like Lieweke's way with words:
    “The pressure here allows us to dream big,” Leiweke said. “The pressure will also bat us down and hit us with a two-by-four when we screw up.“This only works if we win. So this is a miserable failure if we lose.”
    At least he knows what's at stake.
    Last edited by Initial B; 02-11-2015 at 08:21 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...occer-by-storm

cool history article about Toronto Metros-Croatia and NASL
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“We didn’t even get the big (signings) right last year,” Bezbatchenko said. “You know, guys who are going to fit right on the field and not get into fights about who is going to take a free kick.”

Gilberto and Defoe's bitch fest.
    Ended up being one of the best goals scored last year, but, for me it was like a hot chocolate sundae with shit poured over top of it. That one play summed up the whole season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can someon help me understand how bradley altering his contract would help anything?

internal budget for salaries that could not be broken?

And why couldnt Jozy just take less money

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FRANKIE65 View Post

Gilberto and Defoe's bitch fest.
    Ended up being one of the best goals scored last year, but, for me it was like a hot chocolate sundae with shit poured over top of it. That one play summed up the whole season.
    I think technically it would be whip cream on the SHIT sundae, to make your metaphor more accurate but just as unsavoury. Just saying...
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    I think technically it would be whip cream on the SHIT sundae, to make your metaphor more accurate but just as unsavoury. Just saying...
    Yup, that's better.

I can just picture Defoe going to his momma, and, whining after that game. THEY TOOK THE BALL AWAY FROM ME

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bent ready to lead TFC II
    ​from the USL website

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    can someon help me understand how bradley altering his contract would help anything?

internal budget for salaries that could not be broken?

And why couldnt Jozy just take less money
    I thought the same thing. The cap hit on a DP is the same regardless of how much the player earns. MLSE may well have a self-imposed salary budget for TFC, but that would indeed be self-imposed and could therefore be amended if the right opportunity came along. Perhaps the contract change is not money-based. Perhaps Bradley had a clause that he had to be the highest-paid American on the side, and he's had that clause removed to accommodate Jozy. Who knows, but whatever Bradley did seems to me unnecessary. I can't think of anything he could have done that would have been necessary by MLS rules, and therefore he must have done it solely for MLSE. Considering that they've made it abundantly clear that Bradley is the man around whom this club has been built and around whom the future lies, why on earth would MLSE even make it necessary for Bradley to amend his contract before Altidore could be signed. It makes no sense. Anyone have any thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Villa TFC View Post
    I thought the same thing. The cap hit on a DP is the same regardless of how much the player earns. MLSE may well have a self-imposed salary budget for TFC, but that would indeed be self-imposed and could therefore be amended if the right opportunity came along. Perhaps the contract change is not money-based. Perhaps Bradley had a clause that he had to be the highest-paid American on the side, and he's had that clause removed to accommodate Jozy. Who knows, but whatever Bradley did seems to me unnecessary. I can't think of anything he could have done that would have been necessary by MLS rules, and therefore he must have done it solely for MLSE. Considering that they've made it abundantly clear that Bradley is the man around whom this club has been built and around whom the future lies, why on earth would MLSE even make it necessary for Bradley to amend his contract before Altidore could be signed. It makes no sense. Anyone have any thoughts?
    Really surprised this didnt raise more eyebrows.

And I wouldnt be happy knowing Jozy makes more than MB, Wasnt even expecting him to make more than a couple million

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Always seemed to me as if Bradley restructured his contract for two reasons:

- to put his money where his mouth is, if only for the sentiment (not monetarily necessary), in vouching for Altidore's abilities and/or (more importantly)..

- to incentivize the signing of Altidore (read: over a flashier international name), seeing that he takes less of a cap hit (though he probably had things balanced out with one or two more bonuses)