Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 2015 Home Jersey Leak

https://twitter.com/ShaunSolo/status...991808/photo/1

This looks to be the first leak. A different shade of red and onyx stripes this time - I like it. I wonder if there's some distinctive design features though. Also, looks like we don't have a sponsor yet. Wouldn't mind if we just gave it to a local community org .. but knowing MLSE.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is the montreal jersey the one beside Seattles? If so they don't have a sponsor either. Could Toronto and Montreal end up with the same jersey sponsor again?

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing but a field of Collegiate Red with Dark Onyx stripes on the sleeve? Why yes. Yes, I am a fan of this new minimalist home top!
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glaze View Post
    Is the montreal jersey the one beside Seattles? If so they don't have a sponsor either. Could Toronto and Montreal end up with the same jersey sponsor again?
    I think that might be San Jose. https://twitter.com/TotalMLS/status/...920705/photo/1 Montreal can be seen here with BMO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamehawk View Post
    I think that might be San Jose. https://twitter.com/TotalMLS/status/...920705/photo/1 Montreal can be seen here with BMO
    They're alphabetical, so definitely San Jose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looks like a cheap plain training shirt. Very surprised that's our jersey this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The boys were wearing something similar that can be seen on the TFC twitter account...I'm one of the people that tends to think it's a Training/Warm-up Kit. It's WAYYYYY too generic to be our jersey, Especially after the last couple block busters.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't be. It's gross.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, it looks like a new training top. I believe jersey week usually occurred mid to end of Feb. So hopefully we will have something soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would be really nice with onyx pinstripes. Anything beats our current home shirt. Always hated that sweat stain leaf.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stress View Post
    Would be really nice with onyx pinstripes. Anything beats our current home shirt. Always hated that sweat stain leaf.
    I know, right?! The most grotesque thing, ever—absolutely anything beats this jersey:

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^I love it.

The leak is boooooooooooooring.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would have liked our current jersey if it fit a regular human being

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcp-ip View Post
    hahahaha

Nothing like the humiliation of an XXL still not quite doing the trick.

"Come on honey, we're leaving"
    "Did the jersey...?"
    "just leave it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcp-ip View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Califax View Post
    hahahaha

Nothing like the humiliation of an XXL still not quite doing the trick.

"Come on honey, we're leaving"
    "Did the jersey...?"
    "just leave it"

Damn, that reminds me, better start the "jersey diet" soon!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually like the last home jersey. If not for the maple leaf and psychedelic checkerboard it would have been an awesome shirt (now you might say that really is the whole jersey and you'd probably be right). DOn't like what I see from the new one. Keep the three stripes white at least. The black stripes (sorry, onyx) is what looks training ground to me.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamehawk View Post
    https://twitter.com/ShaunSolo/status...991808/photo/1

This looks to be the first leak. A different shade of red and onyx stripes this time - I like it. I wonder if there's some distinctive design features though. Also, looks like we don't have a sponsor yet. Wouldn't mind if we just gave it to a local community org .. but knowing MLSE.
    Really? I can't stand this mentality considering we have the highest payroll in the league, a SSS (that is getting upgrades), natural grass, an academy, multiple academy teams, a new reserve team and a reserve team stadium. A jersey sponsor in MLS is a massive contributor to making these teams financially viable. MLSE is not evil for wanting $5mil/yr (what they've received previously) to offset the ridiculous over-spending they've put into developing this team. Let's remember this the same organization pouring millions into a franchise that is a still a 'maybe' in terms of financial stability. I want a local organization as much as the next guy but I'd rather the team/org have more money that they have continually shown they are willing to reinvest in the club. I highly doubt MLSE has made a profit off of TFC, especially when I see I'm paying $190 for my season seats this year.

Also. The new kit looks pretty damn nice, its about time we got away from all these fancy 'Canadian' designs. There are many clubs in Canada now, we aren't Canada's team, we're Toronto's. Simple is good and I'm also glad the team seems to be moving away from light grey and white. Red and onyx is unique, we're the only club in the world with these colors.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakTFC View Post
    Really? I can't stand this mentality considering we have the highest payroll in the league, a SSS (that is getting upgrades), natural grass, an academy, multiple academy teams, a new reserve team and a reserve team stadium. A jersey sponsor in MLS is a massive contributor to making these teams financially viable. MLSE is not evil for wanting $5mil/yr (what they've received previously) to offset the ridiculous over-spending they've put into developing this team. Let's remember this the same organization pouring millions into a franchise that is a still a 'maybe' in terms of financial stability. I want a local organization as much as the next guy but I'd rather the team/org have more money that they have continually shown they are willing to reinvest in the club. I highly doubt MLSE has made a profit off of TFC, especially when I see I'm paying $190 for my season seats this year.

Also. The new kit looks pretty damn nice, its about time we got away from all these fancy 'Canadian' designs. There are many clubs in Canada now, we aren't Canada's team, we're Toronto's. Simple is good and I'm also glad the team seems to be moving away from light grey and white. Red and onyx is unique, we're the only club in the world with these colors.
    Yup.

Well to that first paragraph. People act like MLSE isn't pouring money in, and hemorrhaging money from this team. But sure, let's strap on a che guevara hat and spit on capitalism because my tickets are $190 dollars.

As for the jersey, I don't need all the Canadian hullabaloo either, but that kit is too plain for my liking. It's like they didn't even try.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup.

Well to that first paragraph. People act like MLSE isn't pouring money in, and hemorrhaging money from this team. But sure, let's strap on a che guevara hat and spit on capitalism because my tickets are $190 dollars.
    Exactly my point. Yes, Leaf tickets are expensive but so is running a NHL hockey team. Also, if they sold that ticket for $40 then a scalper or any reasonable person would then flip it for market value anyways. So yeah, I'd rather the team get my money than an opportunist. Also, those high Leaf prices pay for TFC spending so.. yeah.. be careful what you wish for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think it's too plain to be anything other than a training kit.

i don't want onyx stripes either. yuck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they really got a get a sponsor on it.

i can totally dig the simplicity, but does look amateur without a sponsor.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup.

As for the jersey, I don't need all the Canadian hullabaloo either, but that kit is too plain for my liking. It's like they didn't even try.
    Agree but I'll add that if they don't come to terms that are beneficial to the club this is the kind of situation that other foreign teams have got in to where they take on a charity (local or otherwise) until they find the deal that actually fits.

I won't get into the other threads specialty of what sponsor belongs or doesn't but there are plenty of options that fits both the team, where they play and for an amount that is worthwhile.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's a new leak on Twitter. Somebody wanna post it?

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'm probably the only person who likes the simplicity of it.
    Also like the grey (onyx) shoulder stripes.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

found this on twitter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks better there. I like the simplicity of not having patterns all over the front. Still prefer white to onyx. For me they take a step forward in one area and back in another. But haven't had a new shirt in years. I would buy this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry that just looks like training shirt. I don't think can possibly be a legit jersey, but if it is, then it's worst jersey ever!

I think TFC is waiting on shirt sponsor before actually showing their new red jersey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If that's it, I think it will look good with a sponsor logo and the shoulder patches.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is that not a woman's jersey?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats a nice t shirt