0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Luanda!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Not surprised Defoe scored on his debut - as long as he stays healthy, he will be seen as the guy who kept Sunderland up this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Not surprised Defoe scored on his debut - as long as he stays healthy, he will be seen as the guy who kept Sunderland up this season.
    Not surprised he scored but wasn't his team debut. He played last week away and was subbed out - no goals.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sidvan View Post
    Not surprised he scored but wasn't his team debut. He played last week away and was subbed out - no goals.
    You're right -

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    1 goal 2 apps.

and counting...

FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We should be cheering for Defoe. Every goal he scores will benefit our club in the long run as we will likely receive more allocation. Our transfer fee agreement with Sunderland is contingent on Defoe's performance.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    We should be cheering for Defoe. Every goal he scores will benefit our club in the long run as we will likely receive more allocation. Our transfer fee agreement with Sunderland is contingent on Defoe's performance.
    Yeeeeeeeeea I'm not sure that allocation will make up for any Itoldyouso's I'll see. I'm not backing him as a Black Cat.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    1 goal 2 apps.

and counting...

He played in the FA cup last week too, so 1 in 3 games

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had an assist. Goal and an assist in two starts after being out rehabbing for months? Pretty damn good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BBC today: Sometimes a club signs a player and it gives the dressing room a lift. But it is not very often a player signs for a club and the entire city is lifted! That is what has happened in Sunderland since Jermain Defoe arrived on Wearside. It reminds me of the optimism generated by Sunderland fans when Kevin Phillips was in the side. Phillips was a proven goalscorer who wouldn't let the fans down and they grew to love him as a consequence. I see the same relationship developing between Sunderland fans and Defoe. The 32-year-old former Tottenham striker scored his side's second goal to seal victory over Burnley, his first for the club since joining from Toronto. It's good to see Jermain back in the Premier League.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    BBC today: Sometimes a club signs a player and it gives the dressing room a lift. But it is not very often a player signs for a club and the entire city is lifted! That is what has happened in Sunderland since Jermain Defoe arrived on Wearside. It reminds me of the optimism generated by Sunderland fans when Kevin Phillips was in the side. Phillips was a proven goalscorer who wouldn't let the fans down and they grew to love him as a consequence. I see the same relationship developing between Sunderland fans and Defoe. The 32-year-old former Tottenham striker scored his side's second goal to seal victory over Burnley, his first for the club since joining from Toronto. It's good to see Jermain back in the Premier League.