Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    Apparently it isn't allowed to be discussed around here. Everytime it's mentioned the thread gets closed. I've been wondering for a while.
    Same as TRN. We just don't discuss the gossip of other groups. It's good policy. Like a great umbrella in a shitstorm. No need.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    For sure U-Sector is the granddaddy of SGs here, I don't think Red CB means that RPB was historically first, just that it's first of mind when posting on the RPB board.

I remember going to see the Lynx and seeing U-Sector there.

In early 2007, U-Sector was quite a bit larger than the RPB, which is why U-Sector took 113 and RPB 112, the growth of both groups took us all by surprise.
    This is true. U-Sector has been around for quite a while. In fact they were a group many years before the groundwork to bring an MLS club into the city was even laid. It's funny how the popularity of TFC just exploded in 2007. Nobody could have foreseen the sorta sell-out crowds we had in the first few seasons.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Same as TRN. We just don't discuss the gossip of other groups. It's good policy. Like a great umbrella in a shitstorm. No need.
    Just on fact I believe TRN is still around from what I gather. I think it's good to discuss the mistakes supporters have made in the past so those moving forward they are not made again. It's simply an a clean open dialogue, an education of sorts.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JavierMartini View Post
    Too many. A lack of whole unified support in one stand kills the atmosphere. Hindsight is 20/20 ofc.
    But that's not how it works in the rest of the world either.

In a big stadium, there can be dozens of unique supporters groups, and usually they work together on projects while maintaining their individual character. Some groups prefer to be hard-line about things, and other tend to be more welcoming. In Marseille there's even a supporters group in a handicap section for handicapped supporters! Some groups are people who live close to each other outside of the stadium, or happen to sit in one area or another. Groups can come together to work on big projects, but it's not uncommon to have multiple groups represented.

The idea that all supporters should fit into one group is laughable. I've met so many different people though TFC, and there's so much unique individuality that it couldnt all be contained under one group's banner. The goal should be to find unity within the groups on projects, but while respecting that different people are attracted to different structures.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Just on fact I believe TRN is still around from what I gather. I think it's good to discuss the mistakes supporters have made in the past so those moving forward they are not made again. It's simply an a clean open dialogue, an education of sorts.
    Oh this is gossip for educational reasons! Well good luck with that. I won't be adding to it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh this is gossip for educational reasons! Well good luck with that. I won't be adding to it.
    It is not gossip when we are talking about facts.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes but people view facts in different ways. The important thing is how the current groups move forward together and I think the relationship between groups has and will hopefully continue to strengthen.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You need to stop with the mistake talk.
    there are no mistakes.
    Groups and individuals make choices.
    like anything, things start and end.

there are a million cliches..."all good things come to an end" "rather burn out than fade away" "all moments meant to pass."

don't disrespect other groups by saying they made mistakes.

if you want to chat history over beers at Joe's with people, that might be a better venue.
    Last edited by Wagner; 01-29-2015 at 06:30 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    This is true. U-Sector has been around for quite a while. In fact they were a group many years before the groundwork to bring an MLS club into the city was even laid. It's funny how the popularity of TFC just exploded in 2007. Nobody could have foreseen the sorta sell-out crowds we had in the first few seasons.
    It's true that U-Sec were "the first", although RPB eventually gained greater membership. And everything you said is true - no one could have imagined how much support for this club would explode back in 2007. But it is interesting in that the early U-Sec boards are still accessible on the internetz, and it's cool to go back now and again to see what people were saying back in 2006 leading up to our debut.(Ahh, I actually miss those days - all the unbridled optimism before 8 years of ineptitude made many of us jaded ) Not to say it doesn't exist, but I've looked on waybackmachine for the RPB boards (and the precursor to redpatchboys.ca, forget what it was called) prior to 2008 and haven't found them. But re-reading those old posts from U-Sec back in the day brings back the nostalgia, provides a historical record, and is a true gem. (eg. people actually being excited that the likes of Adam Braz were part of the inaugural team, lol).
    Last edited by tfcleeds; 01-29-2015 at 10:26 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    It's true that U-Sec were "the first", although RPB eventually gained greater membership. And everything you said is true - no one could have imagined how much support for this club would explode back in 2007. But it is interesting in that the early U-Sec boards are still accessible on the internetz, and it's cool to go back now and again to see what people were saying back in 2006 leading up to our debut.(Ahh, I actually miss those days - all the unbridled optimism before 8 years of ineptitude made many of us jaded ) Not to say it doesn't exist, but I've looked on waybackmachine for the RPB boards (and the precursor to redpatchboys.ca, forget what it was called) prior to 2008 and haven't found them. But re-reading those old posts from U-Sec back in the day brings back the nostalgia, provides a historical record, and is a true gem. (eg. people actually being excited that the likes of Adam Braz were part of the inaugural team, lol).
    I would be curious to know if the pre May 2008 board still lives on somewhere, where is the Usector board?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JavierMartini View Post
    Too many. A lack of whole unified support in one stand kills the atmosphere. Hindsight is 20/20 ofc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    But that's not how it works in the rest of the world either.

In a big stadium, there can be dozens of unique supporters groups, and usually they work together on projects while maintaining their individual character. Some groups prefer to be hard-line about things, and other tend to be more welcoming. In Marseille there's even a supporters group in a handicap section for handicapped supporters! Some groups are people who live close to each other outside of the stadium, or happen to sit in one area or another. Groups can come together to work on big projects, but it's not uncommon to have multiple groups represented.

The idea that all supporters should fit into one group is laughable. I've met so many different people though TFC, and there's so much unique individuality that it couldnt all be contained under one group's banner. The goal should be to find unity within the groups on projects, but while respecting that different people are attracted to different structures.
    I'm not advocating one group fits all!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
    You need to stop with the mistake talk.
    there are no mistakes.
    What about mista, can we agree that was a mistake?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would be curious to know if the pre May 2008 board still lives on somewhere, where is the Usector board?

It doesn't.

the U-sec board is still where it's always been.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Biggest reason for us to adopt the 'no talking about other groups' policy is that a lot of really silly stuff gets said by a lot of different people. When its on these boards it reflects this group, member or not.

So going to meetings with the other groups tends to get fairly annoying when you spend time clarifying or defending some ignorant comment made on the internet. It causes mistrust and really damages the ongoing relationship between all groups. So for unified support to happen there needs to be a degree of respect and shit talking another group online typically isn't the way to achieve that.

So if we want to list the groups and have some banter fine, its not a problem. But the challenges in front of every group are different. What works for 15 guys is different than what works for 30 people, different again for 100 and another challenge for bigger groups. We all take different approaches with the team, some want all out war, some want the bare minimum and others crave a deeper bond. While the idea of 'learning from past mistakes' is noble, really we all talk and have come to an understanding as groups that we all have different priorities. One last note on that is yes - we actually do talk and share as groups. We actively look to independently learn and support one another in and out of the stands.
    Last edited by Phil; 01-30-2015 at 08:30 AM.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

(...)where is the Usector board?
    You can find it here.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Biggest reason for us to adopt the 'no talking about other groups' policy is that a lot of really silly stuff gets said by a lot of different people. When its on these boards it reflects this group, member or not.

So going to meetings with the other groups tends to get fairly annoying when you spend time clarifying or defending some ignorant comment made on the internet. It causes mistrust and really damages the ongoing relationship between all groups. So for unified support to happen there needs to be a degree of respect and shit talking another group online typically isn't the way to achieve that.

So if we want to list the groups and have some banter fine, its not a problem. But the challenges in front of every group are different. What works for 15 guys is different than what works for 30 people, different again for 100 and another challenge for bigger groups. We all take different approaches with the team, some want all out war, some want the bare minimum and others crave a deeper bond. While the idea of 'learning from past mistakes' is noble, really we all talk and have come to an understanding as groups that we all have different priorities. One last note on that is yes - we actually do talk and share as groups. We actively look to independently learn and support one another in and out of the stands.
    I really should have started this post in the members section, that why whatever would be discussed was not be available for other supporter groups to see and thus cause this line of conversation when meeting together.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really should have started this post in the members section, that why whatever would be discussed was not be available for other supporter groups to see and thus cause this line of conversation when meeting together.
    why hide it in there

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    You can find it here.
    You da man!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nascarguy View Post
    why hide it in there
    see above

Watching Ottawa Fury FC when not hanging off the top of Section 110 at BMO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And of course there are small supporters groups who are glad to be a small part of a larger collective ... like us ...
    The 75 Mile Bastards!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just found these guys on youtube...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkg98ViLunI

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Supporting View Post
    just found these guys on youtube...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkg98ViLunI
    circa '09

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

circa '09
    what happened to them/were they big?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Supporting View Post
    what happened to them/were they big?
    First I've heard of them and it was the same 3 guys in all the pics. So...