Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How many TFC supporter groups have their been?

Was thinking about how many TFC Supporter Groups there are and have been of varying sizes. Come up with this list off the top,of my head, some are still going strong, others fell by the wayside and some I simply do not know much about or their current status. All in all I love the support this team has.

1. First and foremost us, RPB
    2. Usector
    3. TRN
    4. NEE
    5. Kings in the North
    6. Original 109
    7. SG111/114
    8. Bathurst Street Brawlers
    9. Lakeside Loonies
    10. Yorkies, think they started out with the intention of being a SG
    11 CHH

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was a small one in 116 which was called The Firm, or The Faction, I forget which.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Was thinking about how many TFC Supporter Groups there are and have been of varying sizes. Come up with this list off the top,of my head, some are still going strong, others fell by the wayside and some I simply do not know much about or their current status. All in all I love the support this team has.

2. Usector
    3. TRN
    4. NEE
    5. Kings in the North
    6. Original 109
    7. SG111/114
    9. Lakeside Loonies
    11 CHH

Too many. A lack of whole unified support in one stand kills the atmosphere. Hindsight is 20/20 ofc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JavierMartini View Post
    Too many. A lack of whole unified support in one stand kills the atmosphere. Hindsight is 20/20 ofc.
    Have to remember that a lot of them had/have no interest in unifying. They want to do their own thing.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was an ultras 114, (not related to 111/114) that had some sort of relationship with U-Sector but was a separate group. They were around a dozen They gave up around year 5 and many stopped coming, others affiliated with other groups or no group. Here's a thread they posted on U-Sector when they started: http://z15.invisionfree.com/U_Sector...showtopic=5735 They used to wave a large flag with XII (12th man?) on it. You'll recognize some of the names and they ummmm, don't say the nicest things about us.

There was a group from a pub in SW Ontario that was there the first 3 years, also in 114. They numbered around 8 or 10. They had "hoolies" in their name, and the rest of the name was the pub they were from.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 01-27-2015 at 08:50 AM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    There was an ultras 114, (not related to 111/114) that had some sort of relationship with U-Sector but was a separate group. They were around a dozen They gave up around year 5 and many stopped coming, others affiliated with other groups or no group. Here's a thread they posted on U-Sector when they started: http://www.u-sector.ca/index.php?sho...5735&p=6039082* They used to wave a large flag with XII (12th man?) on it. You'll recognize some of the names and they ummmm, don't say the nicest things about us.

There was a group from a pub in SW Ontario that was there the first 3 years, also in 114. They numbered around 8 or 10. They had "hoolies" in their name, and the rest of the name was the pub they were from.
    *Link Updated

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is CHH?

SSJ- South Side Jumpers.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 5 groups are reasonably unified now, it will never be 100% but a good working relationship between most.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about the group that used to wear wigs and speak with Scottish accents and were devoted to our first manager ? The Mo Jo's.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Typiclly I don't like talk of other groups on here because it always degrades into a piss up. However if this is an informational effort I would recommend identifying SG114 as Inebriatti as all indications are that its the name of thier prefrence.

I think Pint is right, lots of changes have happened and the groups are more aligned now than ever.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 116 group is/was The Firm. Not as active but pretty much everyone is still around and we mostly socialize amongst ourselves. You'll still usually see a few of our scarves on game day. The group in 115 was the CHH mentioned above. The Celeigh House Hoolies. A bunch of buddies that hung out at Celeigh House in Hess Village in Hamilton. The bar is closed now but I still see mark and narc at games all the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Their is also a group in the 116 neighborhood called Red Street Ultras or something like that. I'd never heard of them but someone found a facebook page for them. They appear active, fairly numerous and produce merchandise. For what it's worth.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What about "The 12" ? wasn't that a thing once upon a time?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Typiclly I don't like talk of other groups on here because it always degrades into a piss up. However if this is an informational effort I would recommend identifying SG114 as Inebriatti as all indications are that its the name of thier prefrence.

I think Pint is right, lots of changes have happened and the groups are more aligned now than ever.
    Wile this is an informational , the narrative of supporting TFC and the history behind it includes all those that do regardless of what group or not they may be apart of. So staying positive is key. For instances the only reason I knew of the Lakeside Loonies was because I came across their message board which was a part of GO TFC.

What does anyone know of the Bathurst Street Brawler, where were they situated , have only seen their scarf?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many members should a group have to qualify as a supporters group? There are tons of groups out there, but typically less than 20.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by n_potts View Post
    The group in 115 was the CHH mentioned above. The Celeigh House Hoolies. A bunch of buddies that hung out at Celeigh House in Hess Village in Hamilton. The bar is closed now but I still see mark and narc at games all the time.

OK, that's it!

Good folks, I talked with them a few times. Glad a couple of them are still around. Some of them were in 114 back in the day, maybe that's as close to 115 as they could get.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 01-27-2015 at 12:39 PM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On reddit lakeshore loonies are starting a supporters group for TFC 2.

Also what happened to Toronto Rythmn Nation?
    Last edited by Supporting; 01-27-2015 at 02:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember shortly after the teams inception there were some photos going around of a "firm" that went around wearing balaclavas and spray painting their gaudy logo on things. Not exactly what you were talking about but good for a laugh.

Anyone remember the name or have the pictures? I recall the acronym "ICC" but I could be wrong.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Supporting View Post
    On reddit lakeshore loonies are starting a supporters group for TFC 2.

Also what happened to Toronto Rythmn Nation?
    It is Tribal Rhythm Nation . There are still around, and have official status with TFC. Not exactly sure how status is obtained with four currently being listed. The only other group that has been listed on the TFC website in the past has been North End Elite before they are disbanded.

http://www.torontofc.ca/content/supporters-clubs

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    What is CHH?

SSJ- South Side Jumpers.
    CCH was the group Ceilidh House Hoolies. Ceilidh House was a pub in Hamilton whose owner was a huge footy supporter. It was well organized with bus trips, player appearances etc. I think we even did some things with them. Because it's organization was so tied to the bar, that when it was sold and the new owners were that interested in footy it withered away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are the Ultras still active?? I use to chill with them along time ago before MLS, but havent' spoken to them since, as I live in Van. I think with too many supporter groups, hard to unite, but at the same time, good that there doing there own thing. I know within the Southsiders, they splintered into 3 groups now, the Rain City Brigade, the Southsiders and Curva Collective, all 3 have different atmospheres as the Southsiders are mostly British chanting and singing, the Rain City Brigade more Canadian chants or local chants, I should say and the Curva, which is more European/South American chanting.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CCH was the group Ceilidh House Hoolies. Ceilidh House was a pub in Hamilton whose owner was a huge footy supporter. It was well organized with bus trips, player appearances etc. I think we even did some things with them. Because it's organization was so tied to the bar, that when it was sold and the new owners were that interested in footy it withered away.
    Yeah I remember meeting some of those guys during TFC's first few years. Shame things with their home bar didn't work out, because they were well organized and had some pretty solid numbers for membership.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It will be interesting to see if a group pops up for TFC2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why happened to NEE - are they the same as the Kings there now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OfficeGuy View Post
    why happened to NEE - are they the same as the Kings there now?
    nope

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sec 119 had a group lakeside loyals and it's still there today

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It will be interesting to see if a group pops up for TFC2.
    Oh, they will.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2. Usector
    3. TRN
    4. NEE
    5. Kings in the North
    6. Original 109
    7. SG111/114
    9. Lakeside Loonies
    11 CHH
    Well "first" was definitely U-Sec even if not foremost, but yeah the 114 Ultras have basically faded

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by themodelcitizen View Post
    Well "first" was definitely U-Sec
    For sure U-Sector is the granddaddy of SGs here, I don't think Red CB means that RPB was historically first, just that it's first of mind when posting on the RPB board.

I remember going to see the Lynx and seeing U-Sector there.

In early 2007, U-Sector was quite a bit larger than the RPB, which is why U-Sector took 113 and RPB 112, the growth of both groups took us all by surprise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OfficeGuy View Post
    why happened to NEE
    Apparently it isn't allowed to be discussed around here. Everytime it's mentioned the thread gets closed. I've been wondering for a while.