Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    You know someone is going to call them

WEE EFF SEE

^Also I just found this.
    Lol that pic brought back some great memories....

Last edited by Petor; 01-21-2015 at 06:20 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can anyone that knows Vaughan tell me if this will be something easy to get to for people in Toronto who don't drive? I know there is a Spadina subway extension finishing next year. Will those stations be close to the stadium? If not is their any other public transit options?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dupont View Post
    Can anyone that knows Vaughan tell me if this will be something easy to get to for people in Toronto who don't drive? I know there is a Spadina subway extension finishing next year. Will those stations be close to the stadium? If not is their any other public transit options?

You will have to take Martin Grove (Vaughan) bus which does go to Toronto.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dupont View Post
    Not sure which stations will be ready next year, but I believe there will still be quite a distance to go to get to the stadium. Will definitely require a bus. I believe there already is a bus from York U, but it is about 10km away and supposedly takes about 40 min. Quite the commute...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonO View Post
    Not sure which stations will be ready next year, but I believe there will still be quite a distance to go to get to the stadium. Will definitely require a bus. I believe there already is a bus from York U, but it is about 10km away and supposedly takes about 40 min. Quite the commute...
    The bus that goes near soccer centre has stops in Toronto (Humber College and Woodbine Centre being two main stops).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Assuming people are willing to walk the 10 - 20 minutes from Martingrove and Highway 7.

On Saturdays and Sundays, the 501 Zum bus is every 30 minutes from York U. Takes about 25 minutes to get there. $3.75 cash fare or $2.80 on Presto.

Ever 30 Minutes from Finch stations via YRT's 77 route, takes 50 minutes. $4.00 cash fare or $3.30 on Presto.

If I was going, I'd take the Zum bus - and if anybody is considering using transit in this city, get a Presto card - TTC will be using them on all buses by 2016. Worth the $6 fee.

Hate to tell you this, but the Subway is unlikely to be finished for the 2016 season, as it is in jeopardy of not being finished for 2016 at all.

Good thing is with the subway going to Vaughan Corporate Centre, the buses west along 7 are likely to increase in frequency.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 01-21-2015 at 08:01 PM.

Niagara Region. Anywhere the RPB are Supporting TFC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm contain playing season tickets... 2 potential problem 1) schedualeing and 2 (maybe you all can help) I live in the Niagara region think coming up the QEW would be an issue to Vaughn? And is there adaquite parking... What about routes any easy ones that are good on driving time and good on traffic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Doucet3 View Post
    I'm contain playing season tickets... 2 potential problem 1) schedualeing and 2 (maybe you all can help) I live in the Niagara region think coming up the QEW would be an issue to Vaughn? And is there adaquite parking... What about routes any easy ones that are good on driving time and good on traffic
    No it shouldn't be a problem. Soccer centre is near Highway 427, so it would easy but a long drive to get soccer centre for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Assuming people are willing to walk the 10 - 20 minutes from Martingrove and Highway 7.

On Saturdays and Sundays, the 501 Zum bus is every 30 minutes from York U. Takes about 25 minutes to get there. $3.75 cash fare or $2.80 on Presto.

Ever 30 Minutes from Finch stations via YRT's 77 route, takes 50 minutes. $4.00 cash fare or $3.30 on Presto.

If I was going, I'd take the Zum bus - and if anybody is considering using transit in this city, get a Presto card - TTC will be using them on all buses by 2016. Worth the $6 fee.

Hate to tell you this, but the Subway is unlikely to be finished for the 2016 season, as it is in jeopardy of not being finished for 2016 at all.

Good thing is with the subway going to Vaughan Corporate Centre, the buses west along 7 are likely to increase in frequency.
    Soccer centre is right in middle between Martin Grove/Highway 7 and Martin Grove/Steeles. So if you're coming from Toronto, then just take YRT bus (Martin Grove bus) where it will stop beside soccer centre. Taking Brampton Zum or YRT 77 is more suitable for those living in 905 region than 416 region.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Soccer centre is right in middle between Martin Grove/Highway 7 and Martin Grove/Steeles. So if you're coming from Toronto, then just take YRT bus (Martin Grove bus) where it will stop beside soccer centre. Taking Brampton Zum or YRT 77 is more suitable for those living in 905 region than 416 region.
    Is there a YRT bus that goes to the OSC from finch. The couple times I did it from Finch subway was the Steeles Bus to Martin Grove and walk up.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Is there a YRT bus that goes to the OSC from finch. The couple times I did it from Finch subway was the Steeles Bus to Martin Grove and walk up.
    YRT# 77 bus goes to Finch station. You will need to get off on Martin Grove/Highway 7 stop and transfer to Martin Grove bus or walk to soccer centre if you take YRT 77 bus from finch station.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YRT# 77 bus goes to Finch station. You will need to get off on Martin Grove/Highway 7 stop and transfer to Martin Grove bus or walk to soccer centre if you take YRT 77 bus from finch station.
    Is there much of a different taking the TTC Steels bus to Martin Grove or the YRT 77 along highway 7 to Martin Grove? The Soccer Centre is in the middle on Martin Grove.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Is there much of a different taking the TTC Steels bus to Martin Grove or the YRT 77 along highway 7 to Martin Grove? The Soccer Centre is in the middle on Martin Grove.
    If you're planning to walk, then getting off highway 7 is better than getting off steeles and trying to walk to soccer centre IMO.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..... Taking Brampton Zum or YRT 77 is more suitable for those living in 905 region than 416 region.
    Depends on how close you are to York U.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love the name so much. Bundesliga teams call theyre reserves 2 ie II. Its not theyre academy just as its not ours, its the reserves team. theres Bayern Munich II, Bayer Leverkusen II, Werder Bremen II, Wolfsburg II, Hannover 96 II, Schalke II etc etc I learnt this the hard way by online betting on the rush lol I would call them TFC II if this was TFC's idea for naming theyre reserve team. I would love to hear an interview on the naming process to clarify.

This is one of the corner stones of MLS development being laid and we're right at the front with the best training grounds, top notch facilities, budget etc. I doubt Galaxys's reserve team is half as well taken care of.
    Last edited by dutch; 01-21-2015 at 11:42 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched the replay of the press conference, and it was quite the reception. I have the sense that the team will certainly not lack support. Vaughan is the fastest growing region in the GTA, and has a diverse population of 350,000 people, many of whom are football enthusiasts. TFC II will be the first professional team in any sport to be based in the area as well, so it's a pretty big deal in the community.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    I watched the replay of the press conference, and it was quite the reception. I have the sense that the team will certainly not lack support. Vaughan is the fastest growing region in the GTA, and has a diverse population of 350,000 people, many of whom are football enthusiasts. TFC II will be the first professional team in any sport to be based in the area as well, so it's a pretty big deal in the community.
    That is a very good point, Vaughan is Woodbridge. Woodbridge has the highest Italian concetration in Canada and probably the most soccer crazy community in Canada as well. They have never had a major venue like this. One matchstick of Giovinco showing up and meeting the crowd and this thing is ablaze. That area will probably snatch up every season ticket. much better than if it was at lamport stadium
    Last edited by dutch; 01-22-2015 at 12:24 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    It really is a good to see them entrench this team in a welcoming GTA community while having them training within the setup at KIA. It really would have gotten lost playing somewhere Toronto including BMO Field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

people who live in the east.......don't bother taking transportation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its been years since I lived in Toronto but I still remember it in my head. Anywhere from kipling to kennedy you can get onto the main subway line that crosses the city and that connects to pretty much everything? yes it may be a long trip. Same as it is coming in from Kitchener or Oshawa. You dont have it that bad. I used to come in from kitchener on Transit 5 times a year to watch a match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This should actually be easier to get to than BMO from Woodstock. That said, I can't justify seasons tickets to both. However, we'll more than likely make it there for a game, or, two. The price should be right, plus, it will be a blast cheering on the younger, for the most part, guys!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can anyone clarify..... dose this give TFC II the potential to qualify & compete in the US Open Cup?

from the news I can find the top USL clubs get a spot in the tournament, or will the fact that were Canadian disqualify us?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Califax View Post
    North of Eglinton. Can't do it.
    Isnt north of eglinton all cottage country?

Ill make a few games, oddly probably on way to or back from cottage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The internet and carpooling is your friend

If you live downtown, catch a GO train/bus somewhere north and coordinate with fellow RPBs. we need a soccer UBER

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're planning to walk, then getting off highway 7 is better than getting off steeles and trying to walk to soccer centre IMO.
    Makes sense for people in York Region, not those on TTC tho.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has there been any mention of booze at this place yet lol?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Walms View Post
    can anyone clarify..... dose this give TFC II the potential to qualify & compete in the US Open Cup?

from the news I can find the top USL clubs get a spot in the tournament, or will the fact that were Canadian disqualify us?
    nope. club has to be registered with USSF to be eligible for USOC
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    nope. club has to be registered with USSF to be eligible for USOC
    That's kinda what I figured.... but I also had a fantasy that TFC II wins the US Open Cup using Bradley, Altidore & Findley > Brings the trophy north to Canada > and we spend the next year laughing at all there bitching & crying

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont think 2000 seats will be enough...im thinking of getting a pair of season tickets at 96 a pop thats nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    Isnt north of eglinton all cottage country?

Ill make a few games, oddly probably on way to or back from cottage
    LOL, I live in Vaughan, and it's all residential areas. You have to travel at least another 45 minutes north before you hit cottage country.

We even have internet access.