0 Thread(s)

I think ill wait to see this guy play before i make judgements about him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    I think ill wait to see this guy play before i make judgements about him
    What kind of response is this? You need more conjecture and inflammatory comments to keep these boards working until first kick!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woolly View Post
    What kind of response is this? You need more conjecture and inflammatory comments to keep these boards working until first kick!
    Lulz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    This wasn't a very good draft and we picked up a guy who's already playing for the USMNT, a complete wildcard in Simonin and a guy who's probably going to start as a CB for the USL team in the first round. I don't think that's horrible. Simonin actually looks exactly like the intelligent ball playing defender we've never had. If he pans out it'll be a very smart pick-up. You brought up Roldan as an option, but he seems to have dropped for a reason and now no one thinks he'll be playing MLS ball until he's finished a full year in the USL.
    I agree he had a good draft but I think he could have gotten another pick or cash by waiting to take Simonin - that's all. Oh and I wasn't suggesting we should've taken Roldan. Just that Seattle was desperate to

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So he's been one of the most impressive draft pick players at training camp according to the torontofc.ca article: http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2015/01...outing-cheyrou

I'm excited to see if he can bring those skills to the MLS. Some impressive ball control/skills and long passing. I like his first touch ball placement when receiving passes, he's got lots of signs of quality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dub Narcotic View Post
    After seeing some clips of him, he has skills not unlike what Cheyrou brings as a deep-lying playmaker - i think because of his height he has been put in the back and in on goal on set-plays, but i wonder if Vanney thinks him being a distributer; his foot skills are good, good at keeping balls away from defenders, beating lazy forward tackles, and can hit long-balls well

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

One of our worst issues has been guys who are comfortable with the ball at their feet. If both Simonin and Cheyrou, as well as Perquis, can bring this quality, then it really should give us a boost in our attack when we gain control of the ball in and around our penalty area.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    One of our worst issues has been guys who are comfortable with the ball at their feet. If both Simonin and Cheyrou, as well as Perquis, can bring this quality, then it really should give us a boost in our attack when we gain control of the ball in and around our penalty area.
    100 times this.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is going to be interesting to see how it shakes out with the draft picks. After Gilberto's departure the number of players with signed contracts will sit at 27. That means 3 contracts will be available. Bono already is signed as GA.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!