Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, from that article.....depending on how MLS handles international breaks it looks like we'll be missing important players every year over the next 4 years.

"You've got the Gold Cup [in 2015], Copa America [in 2016], the Confederations Cup [in 2017] and then the ]2018] World Cup," he said. "It's the best time to be a national team player."

Dom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    "But I think over there, I think the toughest thing is mentally how to stay in it because everybody is so negative all the time about everything. You know the English media. They’re not happy about anything. They can win 5-0, and they’re still not happy. So I think the ability to kind of deal with all that and look at the bigger picture of where I want to go as a person and knowing this isn’t the end all be all."

I hope this doesn't affect him here. The Toronto media are insanely negative. I have a theory that it really hurts our sports team results in this city. People say that it shouldn't matter but I know it does. In fact, I think it's why all our teams make crazy quick decisions all the time. The media puts pressure and the public eats it up and then the ownership reacts without thinking.
    Hopefully he really did learn to ignore the media because he will quickly see how similar they are here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dupont View Post
    "But I think over there, I think the toughest thing is mentally how to stay in it because everybody is so negative all the time about everything. You know the English media. They’re not happy about anything. They can win 5-0, and they’re still not happy. So I think the ability to kind of deal with all that and look at the bigger picture of where I want to go as a person and knowing this isn’t the end all be all."

I hope this doesn't affect him here. The Toronto media are insanely negative. I have a theory that it really hurts our sports team results in this city. People say that it shouldn't matter but I know it does. In fact, I think it's why all our teams make crazy quick decisions all the time. The media puts pressure and the public eats it up and then the ownership reacts without thinking.
    Hopefully he really did learn to ignore the media because he will quickly see how similar they are here.
    Toronto sports media is far more positive when it comes to football than we see in England. Hockey is a different story entirely. But most sports writers in this city tends to go easier on the team than I would, vs. in England where I find them far tougher than I would be. That's just been my experience.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Eduardo Galeano