Question Petke to Toronto?

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OfficeGuy View Post
    https://translate.google.ca/translat...-text=&act=url

One of the most shocking news of recent weeks was the coach's dismissal Mike Petke by the New York Red Bulls. Petke was possibly one of the most successful coaches of recent seasons in MLS, won the Supporter's Shield and was one step from the end of the MLS Cup.

However Petke stood out for two things, was a loyal supporter of the Red Bulls and was one of the coaches who could actually bring quality football into the field.

Toronto FC was, moreover, one of the most disappointing teams last season, eventually fire the coach Ryan Nelsen mid-season and promoting assistant coach, Greg Vanney the head coach. But this change was not enough to take the TFC to the playoffs.

However Toronto FC has a commitment for 2015 with its supporters, take the club to the playoffs and this is where Mike Petke enters the equation. The Soccerazo.com know that the former coach of the Red Bulls is in the sights of Toronto club that welcomes the arrival of Petke, a quality coach and with a background winner and ambitious.

Petke might even be the key (if it comes to sign with the emblem of Toronto) for the success of Toronto FC, as their quality is undeniable, and Mike is also a community man managed to build a team spirit around a club, evidence was given to work with the Red Bulls.

The American coach would be receptive to accept the invitation of the TFC, because this time is determined in advance your career and stopping is not an option. We will see what developments the next few days.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Soccerazo.com know that the former coach of the Red Bulls is in the sights of Toronto
    So rumour and speculation.

If we did a change now, we'd be beyond nuts.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    So rumour and speculation.

If we did a change now, we'd be beyond nuts.
    I heard buzzing about him taking the president position. Not so sure about that but I think it's just all crap.

Bottom line is that we are back to being what Lieweke wanted; the team on everyone's tongues. Any player, manager, executive becomes available anywhere in the world then we'll be a name tossed in on the list somewhere as a potential suitor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Petke did well with New York, but let's not forget that until we started tanking, it looked as though they might miss the playoffs last year. He's not in the class of managers you drop everything and everyone to hire.

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe he's interviewing to run the Academy (and become the next coach if Vanney fails)... or is the Stuart Neely's job?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd love to add him as another piece of the puzzle without losing anyone we currently have.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One too many cooks in the kitchen for my liking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    Potential for problems, I agree.
    What about adding a Spanish speaker to staff?? We're behind the times in that regard (unless I am missing something here)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    Too many cooks?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrGrOK8oZG8