Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Best tweet of the night:

LAG prospect scores in FA Cup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    I liked the `but can he do it on a sweltering Wednesday night in Houston`from Matt Doyle
    lol for Doyle. Let's just hope we don't become the equivalent to "Sent to Coventry..."
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Glad Gerrard isn't coming to Toronto. Not what we need. We need someone to compliment our Current DPs - Bradley and Gilberto. Someone who can relieve some of the pressure on Bradley in the mid and help free up Gilberto. I don't think Gerrard is that player.

We need someone with legs left to play on.
    I actually think Gerrard would do exactly that... Relieve Bradley & service to Gilberto...

His legs aren't an issue, he plays hard-90mins week-in / week-out in the Prem, including mid-week cup matches (sometimes in but-f*ck nowhere Europa League matches with bad travel)...

I don't understand people saying "he doesn't have the legs" to play in a league far-worse than the EPL, when he has the legs to play in the EPL... That makes no sense at all...

He's 99% on his way to LAG, so the point is moot, but age isn't everything when determining someone's fitness/endurance/"legs" - every athlete is different...

Robbie Keane is the same age - and has been awesome for LA...

Chris Chelios was an effective, full time defenceman in pro-puck at 40...

Every athlete is different, and if a player can captain, lead, and be the BEST PLAYER on an EPL team, playing full 90's every week & mid-week matches - I'LL TAKE THAT IN A HEARTBEAT - no matter what club said player comes from...

If the Mancs have a 35-year-old, who is captain, plays full 90's every week, is their best player, and wants to come to Toronto - sign him up!

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree 100% with Kool aid man Oh Yeaahh!, plus with only an 18 month contract the risk isn't that bad would have been good to have that character around the team for a bit, would have been a nice change from all the tin men who have populated the roster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carts View Post
    I actually think Gerrard would do exactly that... Relieve Bradley & service to Gilberto...

His legs aren't an issue, he plays hard-90mins week-in / week-out in the Prem, including mid-week cup matches (sometimes in but-f*ck nowhere Europa League matches with bad travel)...

I don't understand people saying "he doesn't have the legs" to play in a league far-worse than the EPL, when he has the legs to play in the EPL... That makes no sense at all...

He's 99% on his way to LAG, so the point is moot, but age isn't everything when determining someone's fitness/endurance/"legs" - every athlete is different...

Every athlete is different, and if a player can captain, lead, and be the BEST PLAYER on an EPL team, playing full 90's every week & mid-week matches - I'LL TAKE THAT IN A HEARTBEAT - no matter what club said player comes from...

If the Mancs have a 35-year-old, who is captain, plays full 90's every week, is their best player, and wants to come to Toronto - sign him up!

Carts...
    There is an assumption made on this board time and time again that age is what matters, not what you so rightfully point out there is far more to the picture.

When I posted I didn't want hm, I assumed a typical 4 year DP contract which does run a big risk in the latter stages that the players production decrease. But a 2-year contract - I think that would be a solid signing here.
    And I say that as a Man United fan that feel completely torn every time he plays as whether or not to cheer or boo him . To your point though - at 35 years old - Scholes and Giggs were two of the best players in the EPL and continued to produce at 37.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carts View Post

Carts...
    Ummm not sure Stevie Me himself agrees with you on that one.
    And I quote:

"Yes. There was more than one moment that has made me come to this decision, but I think the key conversation or moment was with the manager when he sat me down not so long ago and said it was time to manage my games for me and for the team. I'm bright enough to realise it is the right thing for everyone, but when you've been a starter and a mainstay in the team for such a long time, it was a very difficult conversation to have with the manager. I accept it and I'll continue to give everything I've got, whether I'm starting, coming off the bench or whatever, but that was the key conversation that swung me to deciding to come away for a short while."

Sounds to me like the legs are going. But feel free to ignore this in a fanboy dismissal of the facts AND get in a cheap slag on the Mancs at the same time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cmonyoureds View Post
    Ummm not sure Stevie Me himself agrees with you on that one.
    And I quote:

"Yes. There was more than one moment that has made me come to this decision, but I think the key conversation or moment was with the manager when he sat me down not so long ago and said it was time to manage my games for me and for the team. I'm bright enough to realise it is the right thing for everyone, but when you've been a starter and a mainstay in the team for such a long time, it was a very difficult conversation to have with the manager. I accept it and I'll continue to give everything I've got, whether I'm starting, coming off the bench or whatever, but that was the key conversation that swung me to deciding to come away for a short while."

Sounds to me like the legs are going. But feel free to ignore this in a fanboy dismissal of the facts AND get in a cheap slag on the Mancs at the same time.

Cheap slag on the Mancs? Sorry I don't get this....
    I'm saying I'd gladly sign a player from a rival (this league or any other) if they're going to be a good addition for TFC....

And ya, a 35-year-old would need to manage his legs in the EPL - but that doesn't mean they couldn't TCB here... The EPL moves WAY FASTER than the MLS...

To sum up, not talking just about Gerrard but about any potential players coming in - age is not a single determining factor in whether a player still has it... Every athlete is different - and it's just one small piece of the puzzle...

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."