Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WHU u21 dev squad is playign tonight. Henry not on the list. Interestingly enough Yedlin is starting for Tottenhams U21's who they play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Skies At Night View Post
    The word out of the club is that they are in no rush to blood him in the first team this season. The coaching staff apparently don't think he's quite ready yet. While this transfer may be a big thing for us TC fans, in the UK he's just another prospect who might get a shot down the road. He could end up a starter or he could end up another Brian Montenegro et al (although I think BM was a loan, but same idea).
    Sam Alllardyce said on Sky Sports last weekend that he expects Henry to make the first team, and they know he needs some time but expect him to contribute in the short term. He's not seen as a long-term project. He's trained exclusively with the first team as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Sam Alllardyce said on Sky Sports last weekend that he expects Henry to make the first team, and they know he needs some time but expect him to contribute in the short term. He's not seen as a long-term project. He's trained exclusively with the first team as well.
    I think physically he is almost ready, but mentally he still needs a lot of adjustment to get used to how quick and accurate the game is in the EPL. Henry is at a point where he is to good for the U21 youth team but not good enough to be a senior starter in my opinion.

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets loaned out for a few months starting next season, I think they will keep him up with the senior squad to give him confidence and see what its like in a competitive environment where West Ham is going for a EURO Cup spot, but I doubt Sam is going to thrust him into important EPL games when big money is on the line.
    Last edited by Richard; 01-09-2015 at 05:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Yes I heard that quote. That doesn't necessarily disagree with what I heard previously. They know he's not PL ready yet, but they are hoping he will be within short measure. Whether that's this season or next is the question, and I had heard they were hedging their bets for next season, rather than throw him in this season when a lot is on the line. If they tumble to comfortable mid-table by late march, (or a run of bad injuries to the defence) and don't look like Europe or relegation are in the cards, he might very well get a look.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Skies At Night View Post
    Yes I heard that quote. That doesn't necessarily disagree with what I heard previously. They know he's not PL ready yet, but they are hoping he will be within short measure. Whether that's this season or next is the question, and I had heard they were hedging their bets for next season, rather than throw him in this season when a lot is on the line. If they tumble to comfortable mid-table by late march, (or a run of bad injuries to the defence) and don't look like Europe or relegation are in the cards, he might very well get a look.
    Well the inevitable happened and west ham have an injury crisis in defence... and today west ham's manager had this to say "Sam Allardyce has told West Ham United's official site that Doneil Henry could be in with a chance of making his debut in the FA Cup this weekend."

I'm curious to see how a youth product developed at TFC makes the transition to Prem League footy... the team's playing another PL team in West Brom so won't be an easy game for Doneil. Hopefully if he makes the pitch he'll do his former club and supporters proud.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Yes, indeed. Thanks for the heads up, worth checking it out for that.

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This game is the 7:00 game on Sportsnet World on Saturday am. I'm setting my alarm...
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will be waking up as well now.....hoping he gets in.
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll definitely be interested to see how our first Academy product to set foot on European soil performs in his debut.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First game back from injury I doubt he gets the start, or many minutes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will be at the match, so it would be nice to see him play. I also saw him walking around in Bristol in the previous round of the FA cup.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well, his debut will have to wait then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any idea what his salary is at WH?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bet he is glad he didn't have anything to do with that pounding :@)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    any idea what his salary is at WH?
    A shit-ton more than here.

For a player of his age and pedigree, probably something north of ten thousand pounds a week.

He was on the bench today. Given Allardyce claiming their capitulation was down to fatigue, we might see him in their next.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't think we will see Henry this season, they played a centre mid at centre half the last 2 games. With Carroll missing, I think any chance of Henry playing this season might be gone, as per as his and his managers tendancy for the long ball. I think too soon might damage Henry, next season we will see him, anybody caught Cameron's last 2 games for Sunderland- diaster, confidence shot to pieces, don't want to see that happen to Henry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burlington Red View Post
    I wouldn't think we will see Henry this season, they played a centre mid at centre half the last 2 games. With Carroll missing, I think any chance of Henry playing this season might be gone, as per as his and his managers tendancy for the long ball. I think too soon might damage Henry, next season we will see him, anybody caught Cameron's last 2 games for Sunderland- diaster, confidence shot to pieces, don't want to see that happen to Henry.
    Kouyate is also a defender. Spent most if last season playing as a centre half in Belgium and was brought in because he could play there.