Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I'm hoping that by being over the top negative about it, he turns out to beat my incredibly low expectations.
    I have a theory. I call it the BWP effect.

Altidore will score a bucket load of goals here so English fans can claim "MLS is shit, Altiodre is the top scorer there and he couldnt kick snow off a rope"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like how in Kelly's article today it mentioned Defoe moved all his things home long before this deal was done.

LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    I have a theory. I call it the BWP effect.

Altidore will score a bucket load of goals here so English fans can claim "MLS is shit, Altiodre is the top scorer there and he couldnt kick snow off a rope"

Funny i said the same thing Sunday before the deal was announced. I see him doing well in the leauge.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    I like how in Kelly's article today it mentioned Defoe moved all his things home long before this deal was done.

LOL
    I never put it up here, but someone I know bumped into defoe in a washroom over in England a few weeks ago. Asked him if he was coming back to Toronto and Defoe just laughed and said 'no chance'.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I never put it up here, but someone I know bumped into defoe in a washroom over in England a few weeks ago. Asked him if he was coming back to Toronto and Defoe just laughed and said 'no chance'.
    Your friend must have restraint because I likely would have said something excessively off colour to him after that response.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any idea what he disliked about being here?

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Any idea what he disliked about being here?
    No specifics were given, I would just chalk it up to he likes it in England a lot more than here. That being said, had a good talk with Bradley a month ago and he loves it here, no question in my mind about his sincerity.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No specifics were given, I would just chalk it up to he likes it in England a lot more than here. That being said, had a good talk with Bradley a month ago and he loves it here, no question in my mind about his sincerity.
    I guess he just didn't get enough of days like yesterday and today. He would have loved it with more cold weather.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its funny, the league wants to avoid the Jermaine Jones fiasco that happened last year, yet its equally mickey mouse to put a process there and still have the player delivered to the chosen club.

In the end this allocation process adhered to or not is a joke, its meaningless.
    They are trapped by (or at least outgrowing) their own rules which were created at a time when dealing with a very different class of players (demand wise). Players of note are going to tell the league where they want to play, not be told where to play. And the league will have to make that happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Never ever underestimate the stupidity of premier league chairmen

I'm just glad it's not going to drag out for the rest of the month!
    This...

Honestly - this is a classic move for a team flirting with relegation. Sunderland are in 16th and have the second worst goals for in the league. They are going to drop whatever they can afford (or can't afford) to stay up. The amount of money they lose if they go down pales in comparison.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto