Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Gerrard official now...

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...ignated-player

And on another note.....looks like the red bulls are imploding....first we get their assitant now they fire Petke.......something is up there and not good.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...ach-mike-petke
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and in other news...looks like rumour is that Jesse Marsch is to be his replacement....this makes no sense...Petke had them going good.....going to be interesting to hear what the hell went down.
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ageroo View Post
    and in other news...looks like rumour is that Jesse Marsch is to be his replacement....this makes no sense...Petke had them going good.....going to be interesting to hear what the hell went down.
    well, it's a shitstorm. NYRB just managed to alienate about 90% of Red Bulls supporters. lots of rumours about Red Bulls cheapening out their NY operation, and maybe even MLS stepping in to take over NYRB
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If someone bought them and rebranded as the New Jersey Metrostars, it would be a smart move for everyone.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    well, it's a shitstorm. NYRB just managed to alienate about 90% of Red Bulls supporters. lots of rumours about Red Bulls cheapening out their NY operation, and maybe even MLS stepping in to take over NYRB
    No kidding. Here's a sample comment from MetroFanatic:

In this franchise's history, there have been some idiotic moves. Alright, "some" is not a strong enough word. There have been MANY idiotic moves. This one might top them all. Per Kristian Dyer in Metro, Mike Petke has been fired. We'll let that sink in.
    On paper, this might not rival Alexi Lalas firing Bob Bradley in 2005, or Marc de Grandpre firing Bruce Arena in 2007. But once you think about it, this move might be the most idiotic of them all.
    No, Petke was not perfect. He was still learning on the job. That being said, he won the club's first piece of significant hardware -- EVER(!) -- as a rookie head coach. He presided over the best two back-to-back seasons in team history. He successfully managed tough personalities like Thierry Henry and Tim Cahill. He beat DC in the playoffs.
    And he bled the colors. Be they red and black, or red and whatever taurine-infested junk that Red Bull is. He loves this club. He wanted to be here. This was his dream job. A job he doesn't have anymore.
    And the timing... Oh, the timing! The draft is a week away, players report soon after. As recent as last year, Red Bull has been preaching patience and continuity. What patience is there when you fire the most successful coach in team history in the preseason? What continuity is there when you lose your best player, your best defender, and your entire coaching staff?
    This is pure taurine idiocy.
    http://www.metrofanatic.com/story.jsp?ID=6558
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Between both the Red Bulls Is Shite and NYCAAAFC, not a good time to be an MLS fan in the New York Tri-State area. Don Garber must be pleased with what's going on in his backyard.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Speculation is that the Cosmos may buy them. That would be an interesting rebrand.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Speculation is that the Cosmos may buy them. That would be an interesting rebrand.
    I don't think Garber would let them. Too much ego and differing philosophies at stake. That said, he might allow it if it added a nail to NASL's coffin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not official but blogger reports that NYCFC is picking up Wilmington Hammerheads as their USL Pro affiliate.

http://nycfcwatch.sportsblog.com/pos...rheads_fc.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    Not official but blogger reports that NYCFC is picking up Wilmington Hammerheads as their USL Pro affiliate.

http://nycfcwatch.sportsblog.com/pos...rheads_fc.html
    Pretty good deal for Wilmington glad to see them cut another deal, they seemed to really help in pushing some of our youth to the next level i.e. Hamilton.

Hope NYCFC falls flat on there face but any kind of building of teams and development in the triangle of football in North America is good for everyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I don't think Garber would let them. Too much ego and differing philosophies at stake. That said, he might allow it if it added a nail to NASL's coffin.
    rumour that cosmos are trying to get Eto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sometimes I need a kick in the pants as to why I live in Canada.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...-laurent-ciman

"This next step in Ciman’s career looks to be rooted in a family matter: Ciman wants optimal care for his first-born daughter, who is autistic, and Canada is considered a first-rate option."

#ProudToBeCanadian

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Can't remember the name, but there's a hospital in Montreal that specializes in neurological disorders and disabilities like Autism. I think it might be a part of McGill's medical school. Very high accolades for the research and practical work they do. Also, there would little by way of a language barrier as Ciman speaks French fluently. Looks like it would be a good fit for him and his family.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As the parent of a child on the spectrum, this makes me feel pretty amazing.

I guess that they are now saying that 30 years ago it was about 1 in 1000 children were diagnosed as autistic, now it is about one in 65

Of course, I am sure that there is misdiagnosis on both sides of that, but it is a really odd phenomenon and nobody has a solid answer as to why numbers are increasing at such a high rate.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saw this on Larson's feed and was shocked.

Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN 54m54 minutes ago@bedirthan: Lagerwey was very excited to find out that Seattle has scouts. It's an asset he didn't have at RSL.” No scouts? That's alarming

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And in other news

Raf Noboa y Rivera ‏@noboa 22m22 minutes ago Hearing that Qatar Sports Investments are seriously kicking the tires on the Red Bulls. #RBNY.

NY Saint Germain Farm Club ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What shocked you, Og? Was it that RSL had no scouts, that TFC has scouts, or that it was mostly built by Vanney and/or Bez?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

We'll see how great these scouts that were put in place post Mariner/Winter are with the Clément Simonin draft pick. He was picked because of pre combine scouting. No other team had hi on their radar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    We'll see how great these scouts that were put in place post Mariner/Winter are with the Clément Simonin draft pick. He was picked because of pre combine scouting. No other team had hi on their radar.
    Though now there are rumors that Simonin has ties with Giovinco's management company, and that this pick was more of a sweetheart deal. I hope that is not true.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What shocked you, Og? Was it that RSL had no scouts, that TFC has scouts, or that it was mostly built by Vanney and/or Bez?
    All of it

a) RSL had no scouts

b) Seattle had one scout

c) Lagerway was impressed with 1 scout

d) After Dolan left with the Payne fiasco, I thought Nelsen said he was replacing him and adding scouts.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Total MLS @TotalMLS · 9m 9 minutes ago

And NYCFC SGs will be a bit limited as well (via @BrownBagSC)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was a gag from some prankster/dickhead in LA. Not from NYCFC.

Maxi Rodriguez@FutbolIntellect 13m13 minutes ago
    @JeffreyCarlisle Apologies. Didn't quite expect it to get out of hand that quickly, if I'm being honest.

Maxi Rodriguez @FutbolIntellect · 60m60 minutes ago

I hadn't realized how quickly people accept a 'screenshot' or notepad entry as validated statements. Guys. Get your shit together.
    Last edited by Detroit_TFC; 01-30-2015 at 02:11 PM.

RPB Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So it looks to be official; Tim Cahill and the Red Bulls have parted ways. http://www.sbisoccer.com/2015/02/bulls-with-cahill.html
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So are all the New York teams bent on imploding their fanbases? I thought Garber wanted soccer to be popular there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So are all the New York teams bent on imploding their fanbases? I thought Garber wanted soccer to be popular there.
    NYCFC are almost at 13k STH. Sold over 2,000 since they announced Lampard wasn't coming until July. Hardly a fanbase imploding

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cahill is the poster boy for a sure thing DP not working out. I would have bet boatloads that he would be hugely successful there.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Cahill is the poster boy for a sure thing DP not working out. I would have bet boatloads that he would be hugely successful there.
    What a goal that was he had for Australia in the World Cup last summer, one for the ages. Would have been nice for the league if he had found that touch for the Red Bulls.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eric Avila's move to mexico apparently didn't pan out and is heading to Orlando via allocation. Good to see him back in the league

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Colorado Rapids appear to be close to adding a second Designated Player, with the Denver Post reporting early on Tuesday morning that the club has signed 21-year-old Argentine attacking midfielder Juan Ramirez from Buenos Aires club Argentinos Juniors.

I absolutely love these type of deals for the league. South America is the way to go!! Not saying every player will be Valeri but he looks great