Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Misc MLS/other teams discussion

Stuff that don't really fit any other thread

DM Marco Donadel, 31, signs for Montreal. Montreal is pulling a TFC and blown up its roster. They will be adding a lot of intriguing players to make CCL run. Expect lot more ex Serie A guys
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...red-bulls-2015

Thierry Henry not return to NYRB. Play one more year? Kinda seems not necessary at this point in his career. Retirement and go into coaching is more likely. if he can teach what he knows to next generation of strikers...

NYRB also looks to retool. Don't expect Tim Cahill to play for NYRB next season
    Last edited by Yohan; 12-01-2014 at 11:08 AM.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...red-bulls-2015

Thierry Henry not return to NYRB. Play one more year? Kinda seems not necessary at this point in his career. Retirement and go into coaching is more likely. if he can teach what he knows to next generation of strikers...

NYRB also looks to retool. Don't expect Tim Cahill to play for NYRB next season
    Wouldn't surprise me to see Henry sign with a big club (Arsenal, or someone like Juve) for rest of season as a depth winger/MF.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me to see Henry sign with a big club (Arsenal, or someone like Juve) for rest of season as a depth winger/MF.
    I think it more likely to see him retire ala Beckham in PSG. Even Monaco.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Garber state of league stream now

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sigi Schmid signed a multiyear contract extension with SSFC.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sounds like DC finally is getting their stadium approved by the city. final vote 16 Dec

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the Interesting But Not Sure It Means Anything newsline - Ronaldo (yes, the famous one from Brazil) has joined the ownership group of NASL Ft Lauderdale Strikers.

Could perk up interest in that market for sure. The new Brazilian owners are overhauling the club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Montreal look to be signing Gilardino within the next few days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man City flip the bird to NYCFC supporters and keep Lampard until the end of the EPL season. They claim they own his contract which raises an interesting question if true - is Lampard on loan to the MLS?

Also answeres the question once and for all exactly how much NYCFC mean to their ownership. Squat. Playing the first 3 months without their marquee player - whom they sold 11k seasons on the back of. Makes our owners seem decent...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS head office knows everything, its going to be interesting in how they spin this if they lied about the free transfer, and if Man City actually owns the contract.

I cant believe either MLS or NYFC management group would be that incompetent to leave in an extension loan clause, that's mindboggling considering how we know EPL stars really do end up missing England once they are gone(Just look at Defoe).

It could also be as simple as Sheikh Mansour or his cronies stepping in to alter Lampards loan deal to Man City.

I just hope going forward MLS doesn't bend over like what they are letting that ownership group do right now.
    Last edited by Richard; 12-31-2014 at 09:03 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    MLS head office knows everything, its going to be interesting in how they spin this if they lied about the free transfer, and if Man City actually owns the contract.

I cant believe either MLS or NYFC management group would be that incompetent to leave in an extension loan clause, that's mindboggling considering how we know EPL stars really do end up missing England once they are gone(Just look at Defoe).

It could also be as simple as Sheikh Mansour or his cronies stepping in to alter Lampards loan deal to Man City.

I just hope going forward MLS doesn't bend over like what they are letting that ownership group do right now.
    we really shouldn't be surprised, considering how terribly ManCity treated Melbourne Heart supporters with Villa shenanigans.

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I look at NYC Farm Club and wonder if the title of most inept front office is their real goal for 2014.

1. They take the best young coach in the league, and then tell him he has to learn the Man City way, which kinda changes depending upon the coach City happens to have that season.
    2. They get two DP's who's pedigree marketing wise is wonderful but who are both on the wrong side of 32.
    3. One of those DP's, the really older one, is useful with the team they really care about, as a sub, so they use up all his energy and a lot of goodwill hoping to win the bigger prize.
    4. In a league still largely driven by gate revenue and supporter culture, they manage to tick off their biggest supporter's group before their pre season starts.
    5. They tick off every other team in the league by taking away one of the bigger marketing options for ticket sales for the first 40% of the season.
    6. They tick off Garber by having to get him to defend a contract move that looks shady while at the same time trying to save face. (note how its the Assistant Commissioner responding so far)
    7. They don't land a stadium deal within the city, so must go back to the drawing board and spend MANY MANY years politicking to get a SSS somewhere.
    8. They connect their team with one of the most divisive teams in New York City sports, including playing their home games in a stadium which no Met fan will ever feel comfortable entering.
    9. Those home games will have most supporters as far away as the 200 level in the SkyDome & a covered pitching mound 10 feet away from the touchline, thus recreating that great feeling people have of watching a Winter Classic hockey game without a telephoto lens (and who knows how the camera angles will be) with the added thrill of a potential ankle break from some poor dude running off the side of the pitch.
    10. Fitting those home games in around Yankee games delays the announcement of the MLS season.

Not the best of starts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ Just to further your point OG

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NYCFC making TFC FO looking competent.

this makes even less sense than Doneil Henry drama

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    NYCFC making TFC FO looking competent.

this makes even less sense than Doneil Henry drama
    It makes perfect sense in context. They are prioritizing Man City over NYCFC. Lampard is performing at a level that few expected, and they want to keep him in Manchester as a result.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It makes perfect sense if you think MLS runs like the EPL.

This reminds me of Target's woes in Canada. The playbook in one country is not the same in another.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    It makes perfect sense if you think MLS runs like the EPL.

This reminds me of Target's woes in Canada. The playbook in one country is not the same in another.
    Many people (including me) have speculated/wondered how invested the owners really are to NYCFC, or if it is just a vehicle to help them skirt around the financial fair play rules. Time will tell but it's not off to a good start.

That said - there is huge money at stake with City based on their finish in the EPL and particularly how deep they go in the CL. If they think Frank is going to help there - totally understand why they would keep him in England.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pellegrini is now speculating he could stay with City until 2016.

Meanwhile, their seating pricing is........interesting. http://www.nycfc.com/tickets/pricing

Supporters in the second deck? High price seats behind one goal? Pretty cheap some of those seats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meanwhile, their seating pricing is........interesting. http://www.nycfc.com/tickets/pricing

Supporters in the second deck? High price seats behind one goal? Pretty cheap some of those seats.
    Unbelievable! If this was a Canadian team, then MLS wouldn't allow them to play until they fix their stadium issues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, they've really ruffled some feathers with their fake lampard signing here.

But it just goes back to MLS needing to be more transparent and IMO the league being short sighted chasing expansion dollars. If they keep this up NASL isn't going to be as dead as they hope it will be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Away supporters stuck way up top in a corner eh? Hopefully that price chart doesn't apply for the away tickets. That's a huge price for an away game. Look forward to the schedule coming out. Really interested in doing a big trip to NY. Hopefully they can work it as an away weekend. NYCFC on a thursday and NYRB on the Sunday would be a good trip to bring numbers too.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steven Goff ‏@SoccerInsider 5m5 minutes ago Downton Abbey starting now on PBS. Unless, of course, MLS allowed it to stay in England for another 6 months.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Philly unveils its home schedule a little too early. (Taken down soon after)

Of note:

1. We play them at their place once and early, so far. Week before our first home tame. Might be a game near the end of the season though.
    2. They play their two home matches with NYCFC BEFORE Lampard shows up. If I'm the Union owner, I'm a bit ticked.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Orlando just signed Shaquille O'Neal pretending to be a Brazilian soccer player.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...d-refrigerator

Check out the video. I have never seen an elite player who looked/played like this in my life.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Orlando just signed Shaquille O'Neal pretending to be a Brazilian soccer player.

Check out the video. I have never seen an elite player who looked/played like this in my life.
    Pepe on roids ....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Philly unveils its home schedule a little too early. (Taken down soon after)

Of note:

1. We play them at their place once and early, so far. Week before our first home tame. Might be a game near the end of the season though.
    2. They play their two home matches with NYCFC BEFORE Lampard shows up. If I'm the Union owner, I'm a bit ticked.
    pretty sure lampard doesn't show up all year and perhaps never.........surprised no-one is talking about this classless kick in the face to ny
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This guy and Collin together ....... the Orlando coach might as well make playing 10v11 a regular part of practice.