Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Montreal has a better organization

I have been thinking about this for some time, but for me last nights game and result confirmed it. While TFC has more money and talent on the field, Montreal has a better organization. They have a developed farm system, which develops players which are able to perform in their first team system. Through the tournament we had the better players, they had the better team. I think that one day, we will get there, but it will take some time, for us to achieve this. I do think the steps that we are taking, for example the Academy will get us there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I will say this too I think that once they are in the MLS they will be succesfull quicher, because of their organization/system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes the mafia always organizes things the best!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Well apparently the Mafia know more about putting together a soccer team then the MLSE and a bunch of teachers.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm…based on them winning last night?

Outside of winning this tournament Montreal are a point away from the basement in the USL…they've played poorly all season…worst in the league in goals for…tied for worst home record.

I will not take anything away from their performance in the CL but that's all their going to win this year…
    “We changed the entire league’s opinion of the viability of soccer in North America. And then we blew it because we chickened out." —Tim Leiweke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We suck. Can't really say anything else. We just suck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Montreal is owned by an Italian family who, while I'm sure they want to make money, have viewed the Impact as a labour of love. We're owned by a sports conglomerate who, while I'm sure they would like to win, have viewed TFC as a money making venture.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well of course they do! They have fucken 14 years on us!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto_Bhoy View Post
    Hmmm…based on them winning last night?

Outside of winning this tournament Montreal are a point away from the basement in the USL…they've played poorly all season…worst in the league in goals for…tied for worst home record.

I will not take anything away from their performance in the CL but that's all their going to win this year…
    ^ Which is grossly embarrassing I’d say. Not so sure that we have a more talented squad either. Vancouver and Montreal showed us that our loyalty to this team may run thicker than the assembled “talent” we think we possess?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think we need to get rid of the the draft. it's horseshit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Yeah, I am not a fan of the draft, you need to be able to develop players from youth levels. Draft do not work for soccer, like much else in the MLS.

Toronto Bhoy, I do not base it only on last nights game, but on their history and achievment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

really? cuz they didnt beat us once. we have the better head to head record. only reason they are going through is because they beat vancouver and we couldn't. and vancouver is better than montreal, Limpact just got lucky this time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    I have been thinking about this for some time, but for me last nights game and result confirmed it. While TFC has more money and talent on the field, Montreal has a better organization. They have a developed farm system, which develops players which are able to perform in their first team system. Through the tournament we had the better players, they had the better team. I think that one day, we will get there, but it will take some time, for us to achieve this. I do think the steps that we are taking, for example the Academy will get us there.
    I agree, although TFC is still only in its second year of existence.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

trane let me summarize it for you.

Montreal is 2nd last in their league.

Montreal is 9th out of 10 teams
    Montreal started the season very poor.

What did they do????? They fired their coach. They have now improved and are the CC champions.

TFC has not won in 9 games. I've been saying it for almost 2 months get Carver out of here. It's time to fire him.

England didn't qualify for the 2008 Euro's - they fired their coach
    Italy made an early exit in the 2008 Euro's (Quarterfinals) - they fired their coach

TFC hasn't won in 9 games. They can't beat expansionn teams, they can't beat USL teams, what are they waiting for ??????? We've already lost the CC, and if they don't act soon there will be no playoffs this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by giambac View Post
    trane let me summarize it for you.

Montreal is 2nd last in their league.

Montreal is 9th out of 10 teams
    Montreal started the season very poor.

What did they do????? They fired their coach. They have now improved and are the CC champions.

TFC has not won in 9 games. I've been saying it for almost 2 months get Carver out of here. It's time to fire him.

England didn't qualify for the 2008 Euro's - they fired their coach
    Italy made an early exit in the 2008 Euro's (Quarterfinals) - they fired their coach

TFC hasn't won in 9 games. They can't beat expansionn teams, they can't beat USL teams, what are they waiting for ??????? We've already lost the CC, and if they don't act soon there will be no playoffs this year.
    You’re such a North American sports watching think-tank. ~Jab-jab~ This team lacks talent. Carver can’t magically score goals from the sideline. Getting talent and guys believing that Toronto is a great city to come and play footy takes a few years of development. Second year teams cannot realistically expect much more than middle of the table results. This team is only half as good as we want them to be but give it time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ For long term success it will take more then just attracting some players to come to play here. That is a start, but we need to start developong our players, and have a set way of playing for which players can be groomed for. We need stability and time to develop into a top flight organization.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blazer View Post
    You’re such a North American sports watching think-tank. ~Jab-jab~ This team lacks talent. Carver can’t magically score goals from the sideline. Getting talent and guys believing that Toronto is a great city to come and play footy takes a few years of development. Second year teams cannot realistically expect much more than middle of the table results. This team is only half as good as we want them to be but give it time.

Montreal doesn't have talent
    Montreal didn't have the home crowd.

WE tied an expansion team (SJ) at home and the 2nd worse team in the uSL at home.

You don't need talent to beat these teams especially in front of 20k hardcore passionate home fans.

We wern't playing ManU or Ac Milan etc.

We were playing 2 Mickey Mouse teams.

You can't win when your players don't play with heart, conviction and emotion. They don't play with it because their coach doesn't have it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Montreal don't have talent? I disagree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ They clearly have talent and better then that, talent that fits the way they play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ They clearly have talent and better then that, talent that fits the way they play.
    Actually, you're both insane. They suck, and wouldn't be in the top half of the MLS table. We beat them once and they were exceptionally fortunate to get a draw in the second. We just sucked worse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, you are the authority of the subject and we are insane. They won the competiton on luck alone, and none of their players have any tallent. We are way better then them in every way, it just that the stars/gods were not or out side.

We could not use, Roberto Brown as a depth striker, or some of their defenders and mids for depth. They suck. We are great. It is Liberal/Conservative conspiracy to keep Quebec in Canada.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Actually, you're both insane. They suck, and wouldn't be in the top half of the MLS table. We beat them once and they were exceptionally fortunate to get a draw in the second. We just sucked worse.

Actually we wer fortunate to win the game in Montreal. They dominated the firts half...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Very true.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto Bhoy, I do not base it only on last nights game, but on their history and achievment.
    We are a season and a half into our history so I'm assuming your talking about The Impact.

The fact that they built their own park is very impressive [regardless of where the money came from].
    “We changed the entire league’s opinion of the viability of soccer in North America. And then we blew it because we chickened out." —Tim Leiweke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I said "their history" to make it clear that I was not talking about "our history" TFC. I have do ask where to you believe that the money came from?
    Last edited by trane; 07-23-2008 at 03:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's because they are not owned by the MLSE

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I said "their history" to make it clear that I was not talking about "our history" TFC. I have do ask where to you believe that the money came from?
    You made reference to the Mafia in an earlier post. I know nothing other than Wiki information about their ownership…I wasn't sure if you were joking? Regardless, building your own park is impressive!

Well apparently the Mafia know more about putting together a soccer team then the MLSE and a bunch of teachers.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Montreal is lucky TFC gave away the lead against Vancouver. There isn't a player on the Impact that Carver would want as a starter with TFC. And, does anybody think Montreal would do better against the top mls teams? Not likely. They are a middle of the road usl team, and that is all. TFC took 4 out of 6 points from them, playing with no striker. In two or three years, the impact will be nothing more than a farm team for TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^TorontoBhoy- I was just responding to the earlier post. I was being a smart ass. Saputo is a billionaire, I wish Stavros was around, he liked soccer, in fact he had a team Toronto City, which played in the summer and was apparenlty moslty Hibbernia players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saputo not in mafia.

He says so, so it must be true!

http://www.thestar.com/Business/article/285131