Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Oh I HATE this:

If this team ever starts winning, we are in for a nasty price increase. I don't like how they spelled it out so bluntly.
    Indeed. The "new ST" price for Yellow ($342) is 80% more than the frozen 07 renewal amount ($190). There's going to be some sticker shock in our future eventually.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
    There's no way those Black sections are sold out.
    I wonder if they are being held until after the renewal and released during relocation.
    ^^^
    Agree with this,

as well as probably they will become Group Seats, Mini-Pack seats, and single game seats
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't look like renewals were getting any Raptors tickets and/or free jersey's either?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FRANKIE65 View Post
    Didn't look like renewals were getting any Raptors tickets and/or free jersey's either?
    Nope but you can have breakfast with Bez or a BBQ with the management team. Lots of odd 'experiences' up for grabs.

As well as getting paid in "BMO Bucks" or jerseys to recruit new SSHs.

Everything about this 2015 renewal page is weird.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Holy crap. If you look at North End pricing for new season ticket holders after Feb 6, they are setting a retail value on these seats as $779 each. In 2012, those seats would have set a new STH back $591.

In 3 seasons, the price has gone up 32%.

And "Yellow" and "Light Grey" sold out for new season seat holders…??? Yeah that sounds about right. The cheapest pair for a new fan… $1,368 if you buy before Feb 6. $1,520 if you wait.

Where do I sign up???
    Last edited by Pookie; 11-17-2014 at 04:20 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Nope but you can have breakfast with Bez or a BBQ with the management team. Lots of odd 'experiences' up for grabs.

As well as getting paid in "BMO Bucks" or jerseys to recruit new SSHs.

Everything about this 2015 renewal page is weird.
    Wasn't the bbq a free event prior to next year, anyways??? I agree, very strange...but, then, this is MLSE.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^ and I like that traditional seat holders don't get access to "exclusive VIP events"… All for One… ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Holy crap. If you look at North End pricing for new season ticket holders after Feb 6, they are setting a retail value on these seats as $779 each. In 2012, those seats would have set a new STH back $591.

In 3 seasons, the price has gone up 32%.

And "Yellow" and "Light Grey" sold out for new season seat holders…??? Yeah that sounds about right. The cheapest pair for a new fan… $1,368 if you buy before Feb 6. $1,520 if you wait.

Where do I sign up???
    Yeah, that will pretty much price me out of purchasing. I'll put my $100 deposit towards singles, and, purchase tickets elsewhere for $20 a seat...like this past season. I don't want to be totally negative...good that they didn't raise renewals, but, the constant friggin' gouging by MLSE has to stop. See how many actual "new ssh's" they get at those price points.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah, that will pretty much price me out of purchasing. I'll put my $100 deposit towards singles, and, purchase tickets elsewhere for $20 a seat...like this past season. I don't want to be totally negative...good that they didn't raise renewals, but, the constant friggin' gouging by MLSE has to stop. See how many actual "new ssh's" they get at those price points.
    The strategy I can't understand is why they create two classes… maybe three… of season ticket holders. You've got the loyal ones that come every year. Then the new ones. And now this third tier of club seaters vs traditional seaters. This third tier is perplexing. Why, especially now, wouldn't they want to treat every season ticket holder as special?

As for the first two, I get that you might want to reward the long timers but as a former long timer, wouldn't it be more important to bring in new fans as equal customers? What if I just moved to Toronto and I buy a pair for hundreds more than the guy next to me. What if I am a graduating student and all you are offering me is a $+1,300 pair… which even if I can afford it, is hundreds more than the guy who might be sitting beside me.

How does this make any sense in terms of attracting and keeping customers?

The real fear is that once they find success… I know big assumption… that renewal pricing gap may disappear as speculated above by Detroit_TFC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    "We are pleased to tell you that we sucked again this season."
    This is how I read it. I am getting them again this year. But fuck I do not like it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    As for the first two, I get that you might want to reward the long timers but as a former long timer, wouldn't it be more important to bring in new fans as equal customers? What if I just moved to Toronto and I buy a pair for hundreds more than the guy next to me. What if I am a graduating student and all you are offering me is a $+1,300 pair… which even if I can afford it, is hundreds more than the guy who might be sitting beside me.

How does this make any sense in terms of attracting and keeping customers?
    New fans probably won't be told what the old pricing was. This looks to me like it's targetted at the existing SSH to say, "See, if you get rid of your season tickets now, you'll be paying a lot more when you want them back. And if not, well, I'm sure the people on the waiting list will take them at the new price point. We're still cheaper than Raptors or Leafs tickets." To me it smacks of holding SSHs for ransom. Someone should leak it to the Star.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WTF - I was looking forward to see another Raptors game this year!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Klinsmann View Post
    WTF - I was looking forward to see another Raptors game this year!
    Raptors are pretty much sold out this year so it will be hard to give away Raptor tickets for free to TFC SSH.

Besides price, what other benefit is there to renew our tickets before December deadline?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thoughts:

Wow, that top East side is WAAAY over priced for a section that is facing the TV cameras.

4 tiers? Why?

101, 102, 128,129 & 130 are now medium Grey?

East Field Side "boxes" as against the seats on the West Side

2016 - would not be surprised if there are section changes to the West Side

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh did anybody else notice that if you refer 8+ people to get seasons this year, you get 2 seasons for 2016?

Scalpers are going to have fun with that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What irks me is that it seems that the long time ssh are shut out of any dining/wining opportunities from new facilities. You can't keep your present seats and pay an extra fee to become a club member - giving you somewhere to grab a bite before or after the game.

MLSE has no sense that they own a football club. To them club is just a word on the end of the name of their franchise. They ignore that the strongest members of their club would be passionate supporters who have been dedicated to the club for years.

The design of the new facilities is pitched towards corporate boxes and future bandwagon fans (with lots of cash).
    Typical MLSE - I suspect their tunnel club will be filled with folks who have never been to a game before and would not be capable of identifying a player.

I did not expect much from the redesign pitched towards existing ssh, but I did not expect a total shut-out either...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Still Kicking View Post
    What irks me is that it seems that the long time ssh are shut out of any dining/wining opportunities from new facilities. You can't keep your present seats and pay an extra fee to become a club member - giving you somewhere to grab a bite before or after the game.

MLSE has no sense that they own a football club. To them club is just a word on the end of the name of their franchise. They ignore that the strongest members of their club would be passionate supporters who have been dedicated to the club for years

I did not expect much from the redesign pitched towards existing ssh, but I did not expect a total shut-out either...
    good point. This bothers me more than the future price increases. 340$$$ for 17 games is still pretty reasonable.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Th jerseys were a BMO promo, and if rumours are true, they're not going to be the jersey sponsor next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So wait... are season ticket prices nearly doubling for next season?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TFC View Post
    So wait... are season ticket prices nearly doubling for next season?
    Increasing the supply and the price when demand is not exactly high. Something fishy here - that makes little sense. Unless they are planning another splash. Or scaremongering exiting SSH's into keeping there searTs as pointed out above.
    Last edited by brad; 11-17-2014 at 06:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was planning to move into the yellows from light grey... but there doesn't seem to be a relocation option? Is that not happening this year?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    iccreasing the supply and the price when demand is not exactly high. Something fishy here - that makes little sense. Unless they are planning another splash. Or scaremongering exiting SSH's into keeping there searTs as pointed out above.
    I blindly put down two deposits a month or two ago, hoping that something would be available in my price range. Now it looks like the black seating is all sold out and my next best bet is medium grey. I wonder if these will all magically sell out too, because if so, I've just lost my deposits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamehawk View Post
    I was planning to move into the yellows from light grey... but there doesn't seem to be a relocation option? Is that not happening this year?
    Reolcation is in February

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^yeah February which pisses me off. I am losing my seats, but have to wait to relocate. It shows you how they treat day 1 season ticket holders. This is becoming a suits stadium with all these boxes, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    Reolcation is in February
    You have to renew your existing seats first before relocation?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    You have to renew your existing seats first before relocation?
    Yes. Been that way as far as i can remember. Its a roll of the dice especially with your banking on only paying a certain amount of money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Th jerseys were a BMO promo, and if rumours are true, they're not going to be the jersey sponsor next year.
    Yup, I know. Doesn't mean they couldn't offer it with the new sponsor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark TFC View Post
    I blindly put down two deposits a month or two ago, hoping that something would be available in my price range. Now it looks like the black seating is all sold out and my next best bet is medium grey. I wonder if these will all magically sell out too, because if so, I've just lost my deposits.
    According to my rep you won't lose your deposit. You can purchase singles or packs. I NEVER would have put a $100 down without some sort of guarantee.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    Yes. Been that way as far as i can remember. Its a roll of the dice especially with your banking on only paying a certain amount of money.

If you get relocated to a cheaper section, to get you get your money back?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where is everyone seeing sections being sold out? I must be missing a link on the renewal website somewhere?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if they realise the amount of scalpers who bought in last year hoping to make a hefty profit on the success? If those guys didn't make as much as they hoped, they'll be reducing their investment.

Would be nice to not see a wad of 50+ season tickets in scalper's hands. I get that MLSE has an....ahem...symbiotic relationship to those guys, but it still sticks in my craw that prices are being kept artificially high cause what amounts to a syndicate hope to make some coin off of desperate people.

The family of 4 price for tickets to these games is just waaay too high, compared to the rest of the league.