Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair enough that the freezing of ticket prices was to motivated by MLSE to save the fan base, but it also did reward loyalty. Anyway, to each his own - I'll take the benefit and see the glass half full. This time....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It still boggles my mind why people buy seasons. You haven't had to for years.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    90% of people here are south end, where SSH is still value.

But your statement is true for 90% of the seats at BMO.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was buying cheapos all this season through Stubhub, TFC Ticketmaster Exchange, Facebook, forums, scalpers, etc, but it gets annoying to do it every two weeks when you can just get it done once a year, bam!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoGooner View Post
    A lowering of prices, or even a refund, would set more of a statement to me. Without wishing to sound like an arrogant bastard, I can afford the tickets, and it isn't a significant hit to me. What I have a problem with is the fact the club have not held out an olive branch to its loyal, paying fanbase despite lying/misleading to them over and over again. It's as if they know they can charge high prices (and they are for the standard of football) and people will still show up, no matter what. They had a real opportunity to win back many of the supporters I know whoa ren;t returning. Mark my words, if we get of to a slow start next year, BMO will be even more of a morgue than it already is.

Put it this way. If Costco kept selling you products they claim would do the job, and subsequently didn't, would you buy the product again? Probably not. This is a business, and first and foremost customer satisfaction is key. Its easier to keep the customers you have than find new ones. What this organisation fails to see is that those empty seats at games aren't buying concessions and merchandise. They milk the 'diehard' fan base that are here no matter what. I can't question the motivation behind those who renew no matter what, but in my opinion, they then can't complain about the club taking advantage of them.

The dollar amount is irrelevant. The club's seemingly arrogant/ignorant approach is what unsettles me
    I think the year 1 freeze is their mea culpa though. I mean I tell people what I pay for tickets and they look at wondering how TFC makes any money. I'm not indifferent to your point, I just think that there is a different set of expectations between costco and professional sports. (BTW that KG bag of peanut M&Ms at costco, always does the job) To me what we are seeing is a club who is tired of having the bitching and moaning demographic of fans and would rather have a fickle fan base in place whose passion takes a backseat to their disposable income. Hence the roof and the Club atmosphere.

Low-maintenance fans: the wave of the future.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Califax View Post
    I think the year 1 freeze is their mea culpa though. I mean I tell people what I pay for tickets and they look at wondering how TFC makes any money. I'm not indifferent to your point, I just think that there is a different set of expectations between costco and professional sports. (BTW that KG bag of peanut M&Ms at costco, always does the job) To me what we are seeing is a club who is tired of having the bitching and moaning demographic of fans and would rather have a fickle fan base in place whose passion takes a backseat to their disposable income. Hence the roof and the Club atmosphere.

you're on to something there.

not just TFC, but the overall trend in sports.
    Cushy seats.
    Wi-fi
    in seat service

it's more about comfort and chillin' at a lot of sporting events.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That KG bag of peanut M&M's bats everything, including a deafening BMO Field in full voice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    90% of people here are south end, where SSH is still value.

But your statement is true for 90% of the seats at BMO.
    Light greys are still value at year one prices as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post

Cushy seats.
    Wi-fi
    in seat service

I dont have an issue with it as long as it's done right. There's areas in every Stadium that should have these amenities as there really standard across the board now.

That being said every sport has its die-hard/supporters that want to me more engaged in the atmosphere and game.

Its up to the clubs to realize that they have to start to look at ways to make that a priority as well as the addressing the need of those that want that luxury of service and amenities. There has to be a balance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the reasons to have seasons tickets is to support the club. I think it's great that we have professional soccer in Toronto but we cannot take it for granted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I musta missed something last year when I was able to buy single seats to any game I wanted.
    Got an email from the club today which states in bold..................

All 2014 home games were sold out.

What? That's quite a claim!!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cmonyoureds View Post
    I musta missed something last year when I was able to buy single seats to any game I wanted.
    Got an email from the club today which states in bold..................

All 2014 home games were sold out.

What? That's quite a claim!!!!
    After June you could buy lots of pairs to any game you wanted, also.

Sad world we live in. In marketing, many companies will say anything, do anything, it's brutal in sports especially. There is no regulatory enforcement, and no shame.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post

Cushy seats.
    Wi-fi
    in seat service

That's pretty much exactly what popped into my head when I viewed the new clip of the BMO Field exansion on Youtube. All these new seats, new bar areas, new lounges, etc. The new renovated places were presented to me as if it were a new club or theme restaurant, not so much a sports venue. To be honest, it was a bit discomforting (I like to think I have a "soccer-first" attitude), but I understand the motivation behind it and how much of a revenue generator for the club this could turn out to be.
    Last edited by Cashcleaner; 11-26-2014 at 11:07 AM.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys,

I'm new here and I'm seriously considering getting a season ticket. I was just wondering what section you guys would recommend? Looking at medium grey with the hope of relocating to light grey in February (if that's even how it works).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mitch27 View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm new here and I'm seriously considering getting a season ticket. I was just wondering what section you guys would recommend? Looking at medium grey with the hope of relocating to light grey in February (if that's even how it works).
    Go with either the cheapest available or the one with the best sight lines and then hope for relocation into the south end if that's what you want. I started in 108 and moved my way around until I got in 113. Took 3 seasons to do it but it went down in $$$ every year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry if this has been discussed already. Looking at the new seating chart and price range it looks like my pair light grey in sections 110 and 105 are cheap compared to the new upper deck prices. Will MLSE eventually change the price structure with existing season ticket holders and make 110 and 105 medium or even dark greys in the future? I want to stay where I am and continue to have my seats priced as light greys.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys,

A good choice.

If I were starting from scratch, I would plan to be under the roof on the new top deck of the east side. I feel the roof combined with the supporters sections will be the loudest part of the stadium. Also a good look at the new video board.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A good choice.

If I were starting from scratch, I would plan to be under the roof on the new top deck of the east side. I feel the roof combined with the supporters sections will be the loudest part of the stadium. Also a good look at the new video board.
    Hmm. What I was thinking was section 110, next to the supporters section, hoping the atmosphere there would be the best. You think the upper deck atmosphere will be better?

Thanks for the responses guy, much appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys,

The medium grays in 110 and 105 are great seats, especially 110 as they're close to the RPB section. They get you a little higher up the pitch than the medium greys on the west side so you get a better view (they're close in quality to the dark greys on the lower stands of the west side, for half the price). If you can a seat there go for it. They might be hard to get though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm. What I was thinking was section 110, next to the supporters section, hoping the atmosphere there would be the best. You think the upper deck atmosphere will be better?

Thanks for the responses guy, much appreciated.
    Oh you're right. As the poster above pointed out, I just figured they'd be harder to get. But 110, 111 seems to be a good spot. Top or Bottom.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was checking earlier and there was a seat in 110 available. I think I missed my chance though. Looks like it's gone. Ah well.

What about section 126, which is also next to a supporters area? Would the atmosphere there be good?

Thanks for the help guys!
    Last edited by mitch27; 11-26-2014 at 12:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zorsofstesab View Post
    Sorry if this has been discussed already. Looking at the new seating chart and price range it looks like my pair light grey in sections 110 and 105 are cheap compared to the new upper deck prices. Will MLSE eventually change the price structure with existing season ticket holders and make 110 and 105 medium or even dark greys in the future? I want to stay where I am and continue to have my seats priced as light greys.
    Who knows what they will do in the future. That said, I'd be surprised if they re-zoned the existing sections - they will most likely just adjust prices of those sections accordingly.

RPB Member
    Membership Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My tickets work out to an average of $12 per game.....hard to beat that! Also, all of the SSH's around us a friends!
    Official Member of the Montreal Miracle Crew 2009

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Go with either the cheapest available or the one with the best sight lines and then hope for relocation into the south end if that's what you want. I started in 108 and moved my way around until I got in 113. Took 3 seasons to do it but it went down in $$$ every year.
    Agreed. My suggestion to anyone is start with the cheapest tickets you can get and maybe try to move around when the opportunity arises. It took me only 3 years to move from the top of 111 into the bottom 112 with some help from the group here. Bascially, every year you're gonna have a chance to move about if you make it to a seat relocation event.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I'm officially a season ticket holder! Looking forward to next season! I missed out on section 110 so I went with 126, which is next to another supporters section so I'm hoping the atmosphere is awesome. It would be nice if, by some miracle, I can relocate into 111 in February.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

already renewed but how do i find out who my ticket rep is?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I'm officially a season ticket holder! Looking forward to next season! I missed out on section 110 so I went with 126, which is next to another supporters section so I'm hoping the atmosphere is awesome. It would be nice if, by some miracle, I can relocate into 111 in February.
    check out kings of the north...the supporters group in 127........
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe the renewal prize draws were this morning. So, did anyone win anything?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome! There are usually some empty seats in 110, so if you wanna sit here, just come on up! We get folks from all parts of the stadium most games and security has never been a problem.

In response to another poster, the bottom of 110 is not a supporters' section; if you want to take part in the fun, you gotta come to the top.