Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamehawk View Post
    I believe the renewal prize draws were this morning. So, did anyone win anything?
    I won an email from Tim B saying thanks for renewing yesterday. That is all.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    It still boggles my mind why people buy seasons. You haven't had to for years.
    Because SSH tickets are heavily discounted compared to single matchday tickets.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Light greys are still value at year one prices as well.
    they are -- I've been trying to buy light grey seasons for the past 4 years but they are always sold out (rep always has dark greys and red for me but no thanks). Had the half-seasons from season 2 up until last season but MLSE won't budge on selling me a light grey season ticket ... had no issue buying singles though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IIRC they gave all STH Raptors tickets last year. Anyone know if they are doing it, or something similar again this year?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by razor787 View Post
    IIRC they gave all STH Raptors tickets last year. Anyone know if they are doing it, or something similar again this year?
    We got Raptors tickets the last two years actually after we renewed not just last year. No tickets this year I guess because the Raptors are doing alright in terms of ticket sales now. They have really cut down and some of the events that were open to all STH's last year like the Open Practice, STH Summer BBQ, Coach's Clinic, etc are now considered STH events and we have to pick one and only one as our perk. Instead of just offering a draw for prizes and the Raps tix for renewing before a certain date they are now offering to almost double your season ticket price (if you are getting year one prices on your renewal) if you don't renew before a certain date. Definitely a new more aggressive strategy. Guess they are feeling pretty confident.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah I'm not happy about no free jersey and raptor tickets so I'm going wait in dec 13 to put my 20% down for my season ticket. I'm not going to cancel tfc master card only because I get air miles with it

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just bit the bullet.

Signed up for another season of agony.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

stupid question but what happens if I don't renew for the early bird price that ends in a few hours?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you renew at a higher price point

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Renewed this weekend. Hearing off Bez and Bradley calling people that havnt renewed yet lol must be desperate.

Wondering what the number will be like im guessing close to 80%. Be interesting how there going to push to sell these new seats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    Renewed this weekend. Hearing off Bez and Bradley calling people that havnt renewed yet lol must be desperate.

Wondering what the number will be like im guessing close to 80%. Be interesting how there going to push to sell these new seats.
    Renewals in light grey and supporters will probably be close to 100%. Other sections will probably see a drop. I know a number of people dropping off. Some of them bought into the Bloody Big Deal hype and, well, they hype didn't deliver.

Doubt we will ever know the real number though.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Light Greys will likely always have a good renewal rate if only for the low cost - same goes for Yellows. I don't know how overall renewals are going, but I would expect a drop in the more expensive areas. Like you, I can think of a few people that picked up Reds believing this was gonna be the club's break-out year and either dropped or plan to downgrade their seats for 2015.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so i didn't renew this year.

i've had my seats since day one - red section

not one single call - not that i'd have changed mind you but i find it strange.

this is the first time ever that i've not received some sort of call or even an email from an Account manager to renew...interesting

they must be packed for 2015....

as much as i find it freeing, it is sad...i was so into soccer in Toronto in 2007

hell, i was into Metro-Croatia at Varsity Stadium....

oh well....i'll still follow TFC, just not so avidly...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was supposed to renew by monday but didn't. I had pair in north end in row 4 for past 2 years. Missing too many games and unable to sell tickets I couldn't make it to decided it for me. Account manager now says if I want tickets it's 1400 bucks instead of the 1000 I was paying.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post

this is the first time ever that i've not received some sort of call or even an email from an Account manager to renew...interesting

as much as i find it freeing, it is sad...i was so into soccer in Toronto in 2007

They called everyone they had info for. Some people multiple times. They apparently don't have your info but it doesn't sound like that was the difference for renewing for you anyway.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post

I am hugely sympathetic, I was a day one guy with 4 reds for the first six years.

Personally, I have enjoyed it more since giving up the seats. I don't have the feeling of being taken advantage of (you have spent what,nearly 20K on your seats?). I go when I feel like it (not that many games, it turns out). I make the call 2-3 days before. There's not a bad seat at BMO, really, you can find something for $20-25 on ticket trader.

Whenever it is that they're actually playing big games in November, you and I will pay for scalpers seats, and still be way ahead of the game!
    Last edited by ensco; 12-17-2014 at 08:55 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I renewed my seats...Light greys, section 105, can't go wrong with the price....Unfortunately, with work demands, I will not be able to go most of the games, so I'm thinking of selling my seasons, at cost....If anyone is interested, pm me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Posting this here also:

Just got a call from my ticket rep.

Parts of the south end are getting filled in with seats. I sit in section 116 row 6 seats 18+19, right beside a railing. The rep told me the railing is going away and the space is getting filled in with seating. My physical location and seat numbers are staying the same, but now I will have people to the left of me and to the right, where as I only had people to the left of me for the last 8 years.
    She also mentioned that an email outlining more details will be sent out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm done.

I didnt renew my 6 in 110.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just got this email.
    When you choose to be in the Supporters Section, you're choosing to surround yourself with some of the loudest and most passionate supporters in MLS.

The energy and excitement generated from these sections has an impact during the match and creates an intimidating atmosphere for opposing teams. Fans in these sections are permitted to stand during play, use pre-approved flags, banners, drums and Club approved smoke.

In 2015, we will be adding a few hundred seats to the front of Sections 114 and 116 with the expansion of BMO Field. In keeping with our Supporters Section vision, we have been working closely with our Supporter Clubs to relocate their members closer together.

If you are not a member and are interested in joining one of our Supporter Clubs, to submit your response.

If this is not the experience that you are looking for, you may relocate to a more appropriate section. More details on our Season Seat Holder relocation will be available to you in February.

With a major upgrade to BMO Field currently underway along with a heightened south end atmosphere, we are very much looking forward to the start of the 2015 season and a new level of football experience.

Toronto FC
    //All For One
    A link to send a request to TFC to join a supporters group?
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 12-17-2014 at 04:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd take out that hyperlink quickly bud. It's got your personal info in it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should be through the relocation event. I bought a ticket in the North end to start for 2013. Then in 2014, I got a ticket in 116 but the other was in 220 as I couldn't get a pair. Should finally be able to get a pair in 114, 115, or 116.

I'm hoping the atmosphere improves too because of this. These sections have been rather quiet the past few years. They're going to move the accessible seating and fill out the seats to the railing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Areathrasher. Missed that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So according to this - there's 906 season tickets left

(East Lower - 187, East Upper - 429, North - 16, West Lower - 8 and West Upper - 266)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    Because SSH tickets are heavily discounted compared to single matchday tickets.
    Has anyone actually paid for a single game ticket in the last three years? I've attended 3-5 games per year since giving up on my ticket with BillyFly and Whoop, and it's only cost me a beer each time, which I would have gladly gotten for a friend anyways.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BFin View Post
    Has anyone actually paid for a single game ticket in the last three years? I've attended 3-5 games per year since giving up on my ticket with BillyFly and Whoop, and it's only cost me a beer each time, which I would have gladly gotten for a friend anyways.
    I would have charged you 2 beers....
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are going to yellows or light grey the cost of the beer is likely more than the cost of the ticket to the SSH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ageroo View Post
    I would have charged you 2 beers....
    Split it down the middle? We each buy one...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    If you are going to yellows or light grey the cost of the beer is likely more than the cost of the ticket to the SSH
    A large beer is definitely more than the SSH yellow price. BFin, you're getting scalped!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BFin View Post
    Split it down the middle? We each buy one...

I like the way you do math........
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts