Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just scanned through the TFC reddit, and this was nice to read. Commenter says he's a ticket rep...

"The relocation will be in February. The locations we are on sale with right now were either available last year or in the new areas. All of the Supporters and Light greys are being held for relocation."

http://www.reddit.com/r/tfc/comments...eats_deposits/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like my seat numbers in 114 shifted also. I am in row 6 which is the first row on the railing where I am on the 115 side. Hopefully my row is still the first on the railing. Won't be happy if it isn't.

Dom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=lobo;1705847]renewed in top of 110 ... i wonder how the prawn sandwich brigade sitting in the expensive leather loge seats are going to like us standing, singing, drumming, cursing, and flag waving right below them? i have a bad feeling about the future supporter section status of top of 110 and 111

[/QUO

They won't care, because you won't be allowed to.

This is the future for the top half of 110:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoQZ0qmf-mk
    Last edited by InDa_110; 11-20-2014 at 08:54 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They won't care, because you won't be allowed to.

This is the future for the top half of 110:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoQZ0qmf-mk
    This concerns me. I'm in upper 110, and I can't see the beautiful people of the private boxes enjoying our various hand signals and colourful outbursts. I would really hope that they would disclose a change before renewals - and I'm betting if they keep it the same this year, after a few complaints it will no longer be standing/naughty language/flags & drums next year.

And that video... Show all the supporters in the cheap seats revving it up, and then link that to the fancy new boxes and exclusive clubs that we'll never access.

An honest question: how many people of the 30,000 will access those areas?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eastend View Post
    Looks like my seat numbers in 114 shifted also. I am in row 6 which is the first row on the railing where I am on the 115 side. Hopefully my row is still the first on the railing. Won't be happy if it isn't.

Dom
    Because your seat has such a specific benefit to it (being the seats along that railing where the accessible cut out) I'd call your rep...

You have that seat because of that benefit - and should be able to keep it...

If someone in row 14 seat 7/8 moved to seat 9/10 it wouldn't really be an issue - but yours is a specific / special situation...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm gonna miss the days when we had winds blowing to the East...so you could smoke joints in the back corner of 110 and nobody would notice. #1stWorldSupporterProblems

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfan2011 View Post
    This concerns me. I'm in upper 110, and I can't see the beautiful people of the private boxes enjoying our various hand signals and colourful outbursts. I would really hope that they would disclose a change before renewals - and I'm betting if they keep it the same this year, after a few complaints it will no longer be standing/naughty language/flags & drums next year.

And that video... Show all the supporters in the cheap seats revving it up, and then link that to the fancy new boxes and exclusive clubs that we'll never access.

An honest question: how many people of the 30,000 will access those areas?
    Honest answer - up to 29,999. Because I have no interest in going there . I'm sure they will make them exclusive until its no longer fashionable and then will use them as a benefit or perk to those who would be attracted to something such as that.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    I'm gonna miss the days when we had winds blowing to the East...so you could smoke joints in the back corner of 110 and nobody would notice. #1stWorldSupporterProblems
    Vaporizer!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    The only sections I see where that applies is the new "black" and "white" sections. All other sections have tickets with a price set based on something that has a "loyalty" price vs "new" price (early bird or not!).

Here's an example: I'm in the south end, paid $190 per seat to lock in. Seat relocation time comes, and I find a pair of good seats in the medium grey area (existing or new upper west side, medium grey is medium grey right?) I'm a loyal TFC since day 1 season ticket owner so is my season ticket price going to be the loyal price for light grey($475) or do they nail me with full pop $684/$760 (early bird, late bird price)?

Just wondering if anyone knows.
    When I moved from 221 (original ST seat from 2007) to 115 last season I paid the 2007 price of $190 for the seat in 115.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are the renewal/loyalty prices for dark grey and light grey?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've renewed my seat in 221 and would like a chance at relocation. Do I just email my rep about it or does it get offered automatically?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bdking2 View Post
    What are the renewal/loyalty prices for dark grey and light grey?
    Renewal for light grey is $228 per seat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    Lol. The top row was a smoking section and nobody knew it but us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Renewal for light grey is $228 per seat.
    Renewal for light grey is $361 per seat. At least that's what my invoice says for renewal and im in 111.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carts View Post
    Because your seat has such a specific benefit to it (being the seats along that railing where the accessible cut out) I'd call your rep...

You have that seat because of that benefit - and should be able to keep it...

If someone in row 14 seat 7/8 moved to seat 9/10 it wouldn't really be an issue - but yours is a specific / special situation...
    Kind of funny. I had planned to call my rep today to ask but she actually called me to see if I had received the renewal email. I asked about the seat change and she said the only thing that's changed is the number, the seat stays in the same spot. I then asked about the rendering that shows the handicap space being gone, which to me indicates my seat is no longer first row in my section (and possible loss of the rsiling) which she responded that the row didn't change. After thinking about it for most of the day I am not at all comfortable with that response and will be calling back on Monday for clarification.

I also asked about the relocation. She said it will be online with a 3D viewer of the view from the general vicinity of the seat and that it will be mid January. Not sure about time frames or if you'll be on the phone with your rep to lock it in but another item to TRY and get more details on when I call bback on Monday.

Dom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Light grey renewal is based on how long you have had tickets. $228 if 3+ with tickets, $280 if 2 years and $361 if purchased last offseason

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    I've renewed my seat in 221 and would like a chance at relocation. Do I just email my rep about it or does it get offered automatically?
    You should get an email in the future about the relocation event happening in February. Usually we would go to the stadium to do it but this year it's going to be done online. It goes in order of seniority.

I talked to a rep recently and he told me I should easily be able to relocate to another light grey section if I don't want to stay in 104. I originally asked if they were moving the away supporters section with the expansion but was told they have no idea. Would be very happy with my current seats if they move the away supporters up top.

Because of the late renewal timeline last year, the relocation event happened before people had to even commit to their seats. So as far as I understand, all the tickets that weren't renewed should be up for grabs. Hopefully this means there will be more opportunities to shuffle for those that want/need to.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    Renewal for light grey is $361 per seat. At least that's what my invoice says for renewal and im in 111.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Light grey renewal is based on how long you have had tickets. $228 if 3+ with tickets, $280 if 2 years and $361 if purchased last offseason
    Wow, confusing!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just happy I'm a year-1 guy because $228-to-$361 is a big difference, especially when buying a pair on my own.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Wow, confusing!!!
    Even more confusing, I got my invoice, two seats @ $228 + one at $304 (One at $304 was bought for 2014)
    WE DID IT!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought 228 was the price before December 15 and $361 was the price after, so what is this loyalty stuff all about, have seen nothing about it anywhere.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would love to join the RPB in the supporters section, but season tickets are way too expensive for me at the moment. Just getting in for a pair is already $1,500. I'll try again next year and will put down a deposit down earlier. I'll most likely have to commit to at least one year of expensive tickets before I can get in for cheaper seats. Sigh...

Hell, even the light greys are decently priced. The price takes a huge jump after that.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hieberrr View Post
    I would love to join the RPB in the supporters section, but season tickets are way too expensive for me at the moment. Just getting in for a pair is already $1,500. I'll try again next year and will put down a deposit down earlier. I'll most likely have to commit to at least one year of expensive tickets before I can get in for cheaper seats. Sigh...

Hell, even the light greys are decently priced. The price takes a huge jump after that.
    Just out of curiosity, what value is it for you to have season seats if it is beyond your finances?

Quite a few fans bit the Marlies' pack bullet years ago with the hope of one day getting seasons. They paid through the nose and just a few years later, tickets were easy to get. With 8,000 new seats, I can't see a time where scarcity (except for a single marque game involving a retiring EPL star) will be an issue.

You can get to every game, in the south end for a lot less than $1,500. You might not have the same seat every time… or be added to a mailing list… one of the significant perks apparently … but you shouldn't have to go into debt just for the hope of one day getting a more reasonably priced seat.

And for all those suggesting that the two tier pricing model is fair based on loyalty, here is a prime example of how the policy hurts. You've got a new fan, even wanting to be a part of a SG and he's priced out. Hopefully, his enthusiasm stays for another year or they've lost another one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC needs to find another way to reward SSH who have been SSH more one year instead of creating two tier prices.

Since we don't get Raptor tickets this time around, how are they going to give incentive for fans to renew or buy season seats? I personally regret renewing my seats for next year. I should have waited and see what value we get to renew our seats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what value is it for you to have season seats if it is beyond your finances?
    I've been a fan for the past 4-5 years or so, but really started to follow the team very closely in the past 2 years. I've gone to a bunch of games -- 3 in 2013 I think, and 6-7 this past year (most of them were free tickets from work with 1-2 purchased myself). I would absolutely love to be there every single game, but at the current price, it's just not worth it to me. I have a budget for these things and this is over double my budget. Ideally, I'd love to be right in the mix with the supporters, but when that will happen, I don't know. At this rate, I might never get in.

I think I'll be fine with occasionally going to games or maybe purchasing some tickets off RPB members who can't attend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post

And for all those suggesting that the two tier pricing model is fair based on loyalty, here is a prime example of how the policy hurts. You've got a new fan, even wanting to be a part of a SG and he's priced out. Hopefully, his enthusiasm stays for another year or they've lost another one.
    Tiered pricing is not the issue - lack of SSH at an affordable price point is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hieberrr View Post
    I've been a fan for the past 4-5 years or so, but really started to follow the team very closely in the past 2 years. I've gone to a bunch of games -- 3 in 2013 I think, and 6-7 this past year (most of them were free tickets from work with 1-2 purchased myself). I would absolutely love to be there every single game, but at the current price, it's just not worth it to me. I have a budget for these things and this is over double my budget. Ideally, I'd love to be right in the mix with the supporters, but when that will happen, I don't know. At this rate, I might never get in.

I think I'll be fine with occasionally going to games or maybe purchasing some tickets off RPB members who can't attend.
    Tickets are readily available on the secondary market below cost. This year they were around $20.00/game with lots available every game. With another 8500 seats being added - I don't expect that to change (if anything -prices may go down). At 17 games - that's $340 to attended evey game of the season.

So you can be there every game of the season to support the team, at less than half the cost a pair of seasons would set you back.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone seen a seating chart for the renovated stadium?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Tickets are readily available on the secondary market below cost. ...
    As long as that secondary market is people who are not demanding a profit be made with every transaction. The secondary market relies upon people who can afford to buy but don't mind losing a bit on the few games they miss. But, if people like that don't step in when other SSH's leave, the market becomes dependent upon the professional seller.

From what I saw, scalpers controlled thousands of SS's in 2014. Did the scalpers with big wads of Season seats in their hands toss their tickets to the wind 5 minutes before kick off?

The other point is the SSH base ages. For this team to succeed long term, it has to continue to attract recent grads and people under 30. Cause, like it or not, the older we get, the quieter we tend to be.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

The other point is the SSH base ages. For this team to succeed long term, it has to continue to attract recent grads and people under 30. Cause, like it or not, the older we get, the quieter we tend to be.
    David Foot the economist who wrote Boom, Bust and Echo (Demographics) would also suggest that the older cohorts tend to attend fewer games. Obviously there are exceptions but as a general rule, life circumstances and interest levels change.