Thread: LAFC

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default LAFC

Replaces Chivas, commencing in 2017. 22-person ownership.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And we thought we had ownership problem with a board. Try 22 different people invested in it. Man sounds like a train wreck waiting to happen. And that's without the fact Vincent Tan is involved.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, the league wasted little time getting some exposure for this club.

MLS Soccer

That said, the inaugural season will be in 2017? I didn't think they'd be out of competition for that long.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well guys from what we have witnessed in MLS I wouldn't be surprised if they are a success.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hollywood City would've been my suggestion.

And Kool and the Gang would do a modified version of this :

a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems like they're desperate to get a team in place in time for Atlanta's debut. I don't know why, but this leaves me with a really uneasy feeling about the future of LAFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    It seems like they're desperate to get a team in place in time for Atlanta's debut. I don't know why, but this leaves me with a really uneasy feeling about the future of LAFC.
    MLS has been working on this for a year or more. It hasn't struck me as desperate. My first thought was they need to give that club as much time as possible to gain a valid foothold in one of the biggest media markets on this side of the planet.....in time for their next broadcast deal in 2022 or whatever it is. I'm sure all these investors are thinking about that too.

I'd also like to add that I really hope Tony Robbins is giving the pep talks at half.

it's also nice to see owners ready to immediately pay for a stadium. Even though they didn't directly say they would pay the entire bill - at least in the presser.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When are they opening a pitch in Los Angeles?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rumors are they'll begin playing at LA Coliseum until their own stadium is complete. LAC is a 30 minute drive from Carson. This is actually a great spot for the team, its certainly promising. With an ownership group as large and prominent as this you'd have to assume they'll be making this launch a rather substantial affair via press, signings, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Hmmmm, that's not a bad location at all. They'll be ground-sharing with USC and that may create a few hiccups like scheduling and pitch upkeep, but probably nothing too severe. Having 90,000+ seats may make it look a bit cavernous for soccer, though. That would be my only reservation.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Replaces Chivas, commencing in 2017. 22-person ownership.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    ^ Hmmmm, that's not a bad location at all. They'll be ground-sharing with USC and that may create a few hiccups like scheduling and pitch upkeep, but probably nothing too severe. Having 90,000+ seats may make it look a bit cavernous for soccer, though. That would be my only reservation.
    There is an smaller arena (LA Memorial Sports Arena) next to the Coliseum that USC is obligated to renovate under the recent agreement that USC signed to take control of the Coliseum. That old arena will likely be torn down and replaced with a SSS, probably as a joint project btw the LAFC ownership group, USC and the LA county govt. Would have to play a couple seasons in Coliseum at most, maybe less if they get the project going quickly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ That could work out very well if the plan goes through. The Coliseum is HUGE. You could build a SSS with half of that number and it'd probably be perfect for MLS and National Team matches.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cool 110mil for expansion fee...
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Oh my Lord...

How is it that some people just do not GET IT? How could anyone write that up and post it for the world to see, and be completely ok with the content?!