Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well not dreadful. Dwyer had a decent shot that Robles stopped, and a couple of minor chances by NYRB.

One of them should be picking it up int he 2nd half.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    We've been obsessed with with making the playoffs for 8 years...imagine when we finally make it... Then three days later you are knocked out by a ref making a typically shit MLS call. The MLS play off format is crap...really crap.

Winning the supporters shield really is the pinnacle in the game - it should be every team's primary goal. In order to do this you have to have a balanced league. Abolish the East and the West... Have a Division 1 & a Division 2... Let all teams into the Cup with home and away games. Winning the league is it in every other soccer league going. It doesn't have to be different in MLS.
    with promotion and relegation playoffs from one to two and vice versa TFC would have made the playoffs a few times!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And NYRB take one back in the 76' minute. Tie game. This is getting interesting now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just as I was going to suggest we snatch up Collin he lets Henry get that pass across.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow. BWP left WIDE open.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So NY fans really turn up for the playoffs. So long to these champions.

FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    So NY fans really turn up for the playoffs. So long to these champions.

Given there were attendance issues in Dallas too maybe its a midweek game with 3/4 days notice that's the problem and not the fans...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The NY v DC conference semifinal home and away should be tasty. Would have preferred that as a conf final but whatever. Of note - 2nd leg on 11/8 will be on ota NBC right after a Premier League game (QPR v MCFC).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Given there were attendance issues in Dallas too maybe its a midweek game with 3/4 days notice that's the problem and not the fans...
    Terrible excuse. It's the playoffs. A 7 game series found in 3 of the big sports leagues will give 1/2 days notice sometimes, those games will always draw a full crowd. Look at the other poorly supported local team, the Devils, who are bottom 5 during the reg season in attendance, but in the playoffs will fill the house. (IIRC they were at capacity during their entire cup run a couple seasons ago, despite being bottom 5 during the regular season)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    Terrible excuse. It's the playoffs. A 7 game series found in 3 of the big sports leagues will give 1/2 days notice sometimes, those games will always draw a full crowd. Look at the other poorly supported local team, the Devils, who are bottom 5 during the reg season in attendance, but in the playoffs will fill the house. (IIRC they were at capacity during their entire cup run a couple seasons ago, despite being bottom 5 during the regular season)
    NHL playoff tickets are included in season ticket packages.

3 of the NFL wildcard games werent sold out last year.

And it's not an excuse, maybe look at it on a deeper level than "lol fans are shit lol"

Thats not directed at anyone in general but a comment on the overall reaction on the net since the Caps Dallas game.
    Last edited by Areathrasher; 10-31-2014 at 09:27 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SKC collapsed down the stretch. Not surprised by the result last night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    NHL playoff tickets are included in season ticket packages.

3 of the NFL wildcard games werent sold out last year.

And it's not an excuse, maybe look at it on a deeper level than "lol fans are shit lol"

Thats not directed at anyone in general but a comment on the overall reaction on the net since the Caps Dallas game.
    Well to be fair, fans in that particular area are shit IMO. Prudential Center and RBA aren't often full or noisy.

The NFL isn't the best example, those ticket prices are criminal and the NFL is a better product on TV than it is live, opposite of both MLS and NHL.

I think in Toronto, under the same circumstance, not only would it be full, but we'd have a profitable secondary market for demand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS providing free live stream for Columbus vs NE. Gonna be a chilly one there today.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/live

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBTFC View Post
    MLS providing free live stream for Columbus vs NE. Gonna be a chilly one there today.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/live
    20 minutes in and Drew Fischer has almost completely lost control of this game. Could have been reds on either side already.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Playoff game intensity. Two midfield stacked teams. Defense....not so much. As we just saw.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice diving header by Charlie Davies. that cunt
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was a pretty entertaining first half. Both teams playing with tons of energy, and a great finish by Davies off the set piece.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

training ground set piece for Tierney free kick. 2-0 Revs. Really should be up 3-0. Bunbury screwed up 2 wide open looks
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The attendance once again is a joke , barely 10 000 in Dallas the other night, maybe 12 000 in NY in their playoff game and today in Columbus maybe 8000 and one wonders that even if TFC made the playoffs would the attendance be that much better well let's hope it would. There are only a handful of teams in this league where attendance is not an issue but for me there are far too many teams that whenever you watch a game telecast from many MLS stadiums you see more empty seats than seats with fans in them. Moreover, when the playoffs come around the attendance from many of these cities is even worse.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4-1 New England. series over

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NE 4-2 CLB final after dumb handball leading to Higuain panenka.

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crew not ready mentally. Giving away 4 at home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a neutral, well maybe prefer the Revs by a bit, it was pretty entertaining. Lots of goals, bit of rough stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    The attendance once again is a joke , barely 10 000 in Dallas the other night, maybe 12 000 in NY in their playoff game and today in Columbus maybe 8000 and one wonders that even if TFC made the playoffs would the attendance be that much better well let's hope it would. There are only a handful of teams in this league where attendance is not an issue but for me there are far too many teams that whenever you watch a game telecast from many MLS stadiums you see more empty seats than seats with fans in them. Moreover, when the playoffs come around the attendance from many of these cities is even worse.
    People in n. america complain about "Euro snob" mentality, but every poll (Ives did another a few weeks ago) says most supporters want the Supporters' shield winner to be the champ. There are multiple markets where there just isn't much stomach for playoffs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    People in n. america complain about "Euro snob" mentality, but every poll (Ives did another a few weeks ago) says most supporters want the Supporters' shield winner to be the champ. There are multiple markets where there just isn't much stomach for playoffs.
    Kind of sad that 100 000 will stand outside for a hockey game, but, as soon as the weather gets cold the futbol crowds diminish. BMO had a game today I would have been there!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soccer is a spring and summer game down in the US. It gets cold, people have to think.

There are exceptions - Rio Tinto should be full tonight. But only us, Montreal and SKC would fill an East playoff game right now.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 11-01-2014 at 06:14 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Soccer is a spring and summer game down in the US. It gets cold, people have to think.

There are exceptions - Rio Tinto should be full tonight. But only us, Montreal and SKC would fill an East playoff game right now.

On another note, get ready for things that hurt your eyes tomorrow night - Seahawks play at home just before Seattle does.
    Seattle at Dallas tomorrow. No handegg lines

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup...just noticed I was wrong. And the Seahawk game next week is on the 9th so should be time to airbrush out the NFL stuff before the 10th.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FRANKIE65 View Post
    Kind of sad that 100 000 will stand outside for a hockey game, but, as soon as the weather gets cold the futbol crowds diminish. BMO had a game today I would have been there!
    When we opened against Seattle in season three people packed BMO for as cold and as rainy of a game as I've ever been to. The issue is TFC has never given anybody a reason to stick around and we don't have 50 years of goodwill like the leafs to fall back on.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RSL and LAG are getting vintage Petrescu. Letting them play. Entertaining stuff.

Beckerman.

Beast.