Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This new york - new england game is excellent

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BWP offside I think on that goal, but nice second effort from Luyindula on the ground. 1-1
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup off side Lol "must have a TFC ref" only 1 player back, goalie was forward of the play

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jones is creating a new position for MLS - power Mid.

MVP next season.

Goal looked offside to me but NYRB defence is too slow for rampaging forwards like that. Which reminds me....lets not get another cart horse to go with Caldwell next season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1-0 LA final.
    someone forgot to do the homework b/c Petke and BWP both didn't know BWP is now suspended for the 2nd leg for that stupid yellow card
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Jones is creating a new position for MLS - power Mid.

MVP next season.

Goal looked offside to me but NYRB defence is too slow for rampaging forwards like that. Which reminds me....lets not get another cart horse to go with Caldwell next season.
    Why did Klinsmann play Jones as DM and Bradley as AM? Now that we see Jones' game, that is seriously baffling.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Why did Klinsmann play Jones as DM and Bradley as AM? Now that we see Jones' game, that is seriously baffling.
    He looks good against MLS but jones isn't fast or balanced enough to be the guy going forward at the intl level; neither is Bradley, but then it seems to me from watching how klinsmann sets up and who he uses that he has no respect for his players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any idea what the tv ratings were?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really enjoyed the RBNY v NER game, despite the ref losing control.

The ref killed the second leg though. Not having BWP is death knell for RB.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gmacpheetfc View Post
    Probably less than this coming weekend with the second legs which is a shame since NE is hosting. More eyes to watch the gridlines...
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    I really enjoyed the RBNY v NER game, despite the ref losing control.

The ref killed the second leg though. Not having BWP is death knell for RB.
    I agree with the ref having no control -- and both teams (NY from the start) did their best to play uncontrollably. But as for BWP being out for the 2nd leg -- there's absolutely no excuse for both BWP & the NY coach not being aware that he would be suspended for another yellow card. So I'm not going to blame that on the ref. It was a completely boneheaded unnecessary play by BWP, easily avoided if he and his coach had known the rules. (It wasn't some yellow due to semi-accidental rough play in the thick of things, where you say, oh well shit happens.) Yes his yellow was also somewhat a judgement call -- but I don't want the ref to have to worry exactly which players might have yellows from previous games, and to call the game differently as a result.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I agree with the ref having no control -- and both teams (NY from the start) did their best to play uncontrollably. But as for BWP being out for the 2nd leg -- there's absolutely no excuse for both BWP & the NY coach not being aware that he would be suspended for another yellow card. So I'm not going to blame that on the ref. It was a completely boneheaded unnecessary play by BWP, easily avoided if he and his coach had known the rules. (It wasn't some yellow due to semi-accidental rough play in the thick of things, where you say, oh well shit happens.) Yes his yellow was also somewhat a judgement call -- but I don't want the ref to have to worry exactly which players might have yellows from previous games, and to call the game differently as a result.
    thought Chapman had his hands tied for most of the game. both NE and NY were rough. can't really argue about the cards except couple at the end of the game, but by that point, Chapman had to call it really strict to keep some semblance of control. I thought Jermaine jones should have been red carded for reckless tackle from behind on Dax McCarty in first half.

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gmacpheetfc View Post
    I'm seeing 580k on the twitter for the Revs game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    I'm seeing 580k on the twitter for the Revs game.
    http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/article...2-23-2014.html

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Nice to see a big group of traveling fans for the Revs. Hopefully they can get there ahit together for a SS Stadium. People just don't want to venture to Foxboro.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is what happens when the have such a large gap... I totally forgot about the games yesterday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    This is what happens when the have such a large gap... I totally forgot about the games yesterday.
    I check MLssoccer.com like, twenty times a day. I kid not. I suppose that qualifies as addicted. Can't miss anything if you're following the whole shebang.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I check MLssoccer.com like, twenty times a day. I kid not. I suppose that qualifies as addicted. Can't miss anything if you're following the whole shebang.
    Ya but there was nearly two weeks between and I lost interest when TFC imploded yet again.

I want to catch the playoffs I just was busy and lost track......

2 weeks in the play offs is a long time... I'm sure NFL,CFL,NBA, MLB and NHL don't have 2 week breaks in the play offs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    Ya but there was nearly two weeks between and I lost interest when TFC imploded yet again.

I want to catch the playoffs I just was busy and lost track......

2 weeks in the play offs is a long time... I'm sure NFL,CFL,NBA, MLB and NHL don't have 2 week breaks in the play offs.
    NFL...two weeks between conference finals and Super Bowl. BRUTALLY long time in between games.

Didn't catch the LA/Seattle game, but, I did watch the Jersey Energy Drinks/Revs...pretty damn entertaining match overall. Lots of chances, some spirited play/rough stuff (ref was getting a little card happy at the end) all, in all, a damn good way to spend a couple hours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well that shows how much I know about any other sport... and I should assume that then. (though that is the final game)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People care about the NFL though, it's an event. MLS? Completely different proposition. They are still trying to sell the sport (or even justify a bigger tv contract).

I stopped watching ages ago. Too convoluted and too spaced out.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    People care about the NFL though, it's an event. MLS? Completely different proposition. They are still trying to sell the sport (or even justify a bigger tv contract).

I stopped watching ages ago. Too convoluted and too spaced out.
    I got annoyed with commercials like every 2 mins

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rookie of the Year: Tesho Akindele
    Defender of the Year: Chad Marshall
    Ref of the Year: Mark Geiger

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    I got annoyed with commercials like every 2 mins
    Well fair enough, I won't argue the merits of the product. Just pointing out that NFL has the luxury of a big brand and creating enough elbow room to play whenever they please.

They can get away with two weeks because it is literally non-stop hype, sponsor schmoozing, and showcase. MLS to date can't even solve the problem of how to get fans to show up for a weeknight game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless Henry plays the game of his life (seeing how he doesn't like to play on artificial turf and with his impending retirement I seriously doubt he will) with BWP sitting out the second leg it looks unlikely New Jersey will make it. So it looks like a NE-LA final (unless Seattle has a miracle up their sleeves). I doubt that's the final MLS wanted from a TV ratings perspective, but I think it will make for a great match.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.mlssoccer.com/mlscup/2014...ccercom-sunday

Seattle vs LA game free stream Canada only

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The NFL gap is bridged by it being talked about all over the place, on the radio and on TV, while the MLS gap is bridge by jloome checking their website 20 times a day. I admit, I lost track, as well
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I wonder how many are expected for the game today...prob at least 30k, though I would be impressed with 35-40

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1-0 New York late in first half they need to win by 2 goals New York that is, game on now on TSN 2, looks like a nice crowd in New England.