Page 6 of 134 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basically the league let us hold four DPs on our roster as a favour but that's as far as the charity went. The trade that happened for Laba after is a wash, because at that point we're forced sellers. The league wouldn't let us hold on while we bargain and we're coming from a weak position. Not surprising we got very little.

Should have been considered as part of the cost of signing Bradley in the first place. Big transfer fee, large salary, and loss of a great DM later.. How far ahead are we?

Add on Urruti for Gilberto which cost more money, this club starts to look like the MLS version of Real Madrid, paving over everything with more money and signings (minus the winning).

I know "it's not our money", but everything adds up eventually.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bez shouldn't have lied in the first place, it simple as that to be honest. I don't think many would complain if he straight up said that we are trading Laba away for Bradley, that's actually a sensible decision.

Again, like others have said, this club doesn't respect the IQ of its fans.

"We didn't just fall off the turnip truck"
    -Ensco

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Basically the league let us hold four DPs on our roster as a favour but that's as far as the charity went. The trade that happened for Laba after is a wash, because at that point we're forced sellers. The league wouldn't let us hold on while we bargain and we're coming from a weak position. Not surprising we got very little.

Should have been considered as part of the cost of signing Bradley in the first place. Big transfer fee, large salary, and loss of a great DM later.. How far ahead are we?

Add on Urruti for Gilberto which cost more money, this club starts to look like the MLS version of Real Madrid, paving over everything with more money and signings (minus the winning).

I know "it's not our money", but everything adds up eventually.
    crazy to think of the money spent and what we got in return. Give any other club our budget and........... Someone/something is at fault here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Bez shouldn't have lied in the first place, it simple as that to be honest. I don't think many would complain if he straight up said that we are trading Laba away for Bradley, that's actually a sensible decision.

Again, like others have said, this club doesn't respect the IQ of its fans.

"We didn't just fall off the turnip truck"
    -Ensco
    I'm confused - he lied?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red I View Post
    I'm confused - he lied?
    He said that Van would have to pay a very steep price to keep him. I'm not sure if that 500k is allocation or just cash, neither is good enough for me since I think we paid about 1.5M for him.

“But Vancouver has a high hurdle to get over in order to keep him permanently. Let’s just put it that way. We’re comfortable that if they do, we’ll be in a very good position to reinvest (what we receive) into the team to make us better in a big way.”
    Last edited by Richard; 11-04-2014 at 04:42 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He said that Van would have to pay a very steep price to keep him. I'm not sure if that 500k is allocation or just cash, neither is good enough for me.
    move on, laba is good but not irreplaceable, come on.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He said that Van would have to pay a very steep price to keep him. I'm not sure if that 500k is allocation or just cash, neither is good enough for me since I think we paid about 1.5M for him.
    He didn't lie.

You can't get $1.5 million allocation. They had to pay a "transfer fee" to keep him. Of that transfer fee, we get allocation money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by azorean View Post
    move on, laba is good but not irreplaceable, come on.......
    Ok who can replace him and do as good as a job?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    He didn't lie.

You can't get $1.5 million allocation. They had to pay a "transfer fee" to keep him. Of that transfer fee, we get allocation money.
    That may be more accurate, ya. Considering $500k comes right off the cap and we have Michael Bradley in our midfield - I dunno, sounds like a pretty good deal to me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He didn't lie.

Theres no limit to allocation received in a trade. Specifically remember Payne saying this after the Silva trade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Theres no limit to allocation received in a trade. Specifically remember Payne saying this after the Silva trade.
    Yes, but you have to have allocation (cap space) to give it - can't just say "I want Henry and I'll give you $10 Mill in allocation for him, but since he's a DP, it's off the books, so that sounds fair!" There are no set 'limits', but there are parameters with which you have to work between - plus, it's MLS, they make this stuff up as it goes along

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    Ok who can replace him and do as good as a job?

good scouting will take care of that. players all over south/central America would love to hear from tfc$ i am sure. Again, laba is a good player. Not convinced though though there are"nt more laba's to be found/scouted. Especially given tfc's resource$.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red I View Post
    Yes, but you have to have allocation (cap space) to give it - can't just say "I want Henry and I'll give you $10 Mill in allocation for him, but since he's a DP, it's off the books, so that sounds fair!" There are no set 'limits', but there are parameters with which you have to work between - plus, it's MLS, they make this stuff up as it goes along
    That's probably even more accurate. The main thing is the transfer and allocation are separate bucks of cash.

If Defoe goes, I think we get allocation as well from the transfer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bez didn't lie, but he made it seem like we would get some serious team building assets ("Steep price") if Vancouver decided to keep Laba. Them paying his transfer fee is not a steep price. Nor does it help us in any way. I'm just sick of losing to Vancouver in every deal we make with them. They've been fucking us since before they even played their first game. We gave them a first round pick for Nathan Sturgis. We gave them a first round pick for Eric fucking Hassli, and when we took Terry Dunfield off their hands, we gave them the rights to Kevin Aleman (not that that one matters anymore since I don't think they still have his rights, but it's the principal of it). And how is it that after a year in MLS with TFC, during which time he showed that he can play in MLS (therefore eliminating the risk that comes with signing an international), Laba's value isn't any greater than when TFC brought him to the league as an unknown quality?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    Bez didn't lie, but he made it seem like we would get some serious team building assets ("Steep price") if Vancouver decided to keep Laba. Them paying his transfer fee is not a steep price. Nor does it help us in any way. I'm just sick of losing to Vancouver in every deal we make with them. They've been fucking us since before they even played their first game. We gave them a first round pick for Nathan Sturgis. We gave them a first round pick for Eric fucking Hassli, and when we took Terry Dunfield off their hands, we gave them the rights to Kevin Aleman (not that that one matters anymore since I don't think they still have his rights, but it's the principal of it). And how is it that after a year in MLS with TFC, during which time he showed that he can play in MLS (therefore eliminating the risk that comes with signing an international), Laba's value isn't any greater than when TFC brought him to the league as an unknown quality?
    But it's reported to 500k allocation, that's a lot of cap space. We'll have to see how Vanney uses it to see if they did really win the trade or not.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

500k in allocation money is a lot for most MLS teams. but between Camilo transfer fee, making CCL and you suck money for not making playoffs, Caps have enough allocation money that 500k is a big hit, but not crippling.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kuku View Post
    So we're going to have a new DP who TFC/MLSE already know and probably have been in contact with.

I wonder who's this DP?

Also, article makes sound like Gilberto and Bradley are staying next year which is great news to us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Defoe goes, I think we get allocation as well from the transfer.
    I think you're right, but it seems like a bit of a loophole in the system. You could spend 10m on a DP, then the next year you sell them for say 5m, but you get allocation from the sale, which counts toward the cap. You can then pay 10m for a different DP. So from one season to the next, you have the same number of DPs, but you've gained cap space in the form of allocation money even though you lost money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Without proof it's meaningless. At the very least he is intentionally misleading with his statements.

Lack of league disclosure leaving fans in the dark.

On a separate note: Leiweke says TFC has it's target should Defoe leave.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..We know where we are going. If we have a DP (designated player) slot open, we already know who we're going after.....

They better. Otherwise they are no better then Mo.

And about that allocation - 500K can get you a HECK of a lot in this league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if they have a specific dp lined up per se. Could just be referring to the obvious target of a dp AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by azorean View Post
    good scouting will take care of that. players all over south/central America would love to hear from tfc$ i am sure. Again, laba is a good player. Not convinced though though there are"nt more laba's to be found/scouted. Especially given tfc's resource$.
    Yes WE as supporters have been saying the same thing since inception. The big question is WHEN will TFC brass realize what we have realized for years. FFS. And the bolded comment, other teams in MLS seem to able to pick up those player, why the hell can't TFC with all the MLSE dosh that is out there do it???

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh goodie, Tim Leiweke guarantees us something. RE Defoe staying or going, he says "The one thing I can promise our fans — one way or another, this will end well for TFC. (I) guarantee it."

I'm going to take that right to the fucking bank.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about us chasing Forlan again?? Is he older and damaged goods now?? Gilberto would benefit better with forlan playing the attacking mid role and than Bradley can concentrate as a DM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Oh goodie, Tim Leiweke guarantees us something. RE Defoe staying or going, he says "The one thing I can promise our fans — one way or another, this will end well for TFC. (I) guarantee it."

I'm going to take that right to the fucking bank.
    You mean you didn't enjoy the playoffs this year?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    Yes WE as supporters have been saying the same thing since inception. The big question is WHEN will TFC brass realize what we have realized for years. FFS. And the bolded comment, other teams in MLS seem to able to pick up those player, why the hell can't TFC with all the MLSE dosh that is out there do it???
    If we could somehow clone Amado Guevara.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NolbertoS View Post
    How about us chasing Forlan again?? Is he older and damaged goods now?? Gilberto would benefit better with forlan playing the attacking mid role and than Bradley can concentrate as a DM.
    He's just going to get injured and be out for half the season like Defoe. I say our best bet is to have Gilberto recruit some of his Brazilian buddies to come and we rely on them for creativity. Seems to work with the Galaxy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there any source other than a Duane tweet implying it that says that TFC is getting 500k in allocation from Vancouver? Up until that, everyone who talked to Bez was saying that TFC was just getting the actual transfer fee from Vancouver, aka cold hard cash not MLS monopoly money

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

talking to bez a few weeks he said that VAN will have to pay TFC the same transfer fee that TFC paided...no allo involved...
    but who knows with this club and all there secrets.