Page 44 of 134 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 3992
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    Duane seems to be saying TFC and his family/friends say otherwise. Im going to wait and see
    I am glad I am wrong. Hope tfc and league don't screw this up. This draft system is archaic. Let local players play for their local clubs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Report: Defoe travels to London ahead of potential QPR transfer

http://www.sbisoccer.com/2014/12/tra...-transfer.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The original article was in the mirror yesterday and it implied that Defoe flew from Toronto to London for talks.

So we know it's a crock of shit from that one detail

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...league-4869220

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm starting to think this may be a loan deal until the summer window, which sets up an interesting situation if QPR gets relegated.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    I'm starting to think this may be a loan deal until the summer window, which sets up an interesting situation if QPR gets relegated.
    They really shouldn't. There are a lot of real bad squads sunk down with them and I don't see any reason why, with what they have (or could get), they shouldn't survive relegation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we loan him out, it will be impossible to replace him with another DP because of the risk that his move doesn't become permanent immediately and we're suddenly over the limit in the middle of the season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    If we loan him out, it will be impossible to replace him with another DP because of the risk that his move doesn't become permanent immediately and we're suddenly over the limit in the middle of the season
    May not have a choice. Bez was stupid to not take the money in the summer window because we won't get any offers close to what was rumoured this time around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would be beyond pissed if we were stuck with a loan deal. Managmt should have shown some courage and done the right thing In the summer. They only stand to lose more from here on out. Unload it and admit your mistake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I would be beyond pissed if we were stuck with a loan deal. Managmt should have shown some courage and done the right thing In the summer. They only stand to lose more from here on out. Unload it and admit your mistake.
    His contract is INSANE. Fernandes won't touch it I bet. Any deal will be contingent on Defoe taking a lot less money I think. And there's no way we get the transfer fee we paid back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    His contract is INSANE. Fernandes won't touch it I bet. Any deal will be contingent on Defoe taking a lot less money I think. And there's no way we get the transfer fee we paid back.
    Oh I agree. We're taking a bath on this, only question is how much. Loan deal could easily blow up in our face if he stays semi-injured or doesn't perform well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is always muddy waters when we are talking TFC isn't it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re Chapman - I would be surprised if he is ours. If he hasn't been playing for us in the summers, and IIRC you need to play a certain amount of games or minutes outside of NCAA to retain HG status, I'm not sure what the loophole is? To tie him back into Rongen - another IIRC he cut Neven Subotic from the US U20 program so there is your precedent for how good Rongen's eye is for talent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spark View Post
    Re Chapman - I would be surprised if he is ours. If he hasn't been playing for us in the summers, and IIRC you need to play a certain amount of games or minutes outside of NCAA to retain HG status, I'm not sure what the loophole is? To tie him back into Rongen - another IIRC he cut Neven Subotic from the US U20 program so there is your precedent for how good Rongen's eye is for talent.
    I'd never base anyone's eye for talent on one individual move, but the consensus was (even before he showed up) that Rongen was behind the times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I'd never base anyone's eye for talent on one individual move, but the consensus was (even before he showed up) that Rongen was behind the times.
    Me neither - that's just one that I'm aware of, and it's a pretty glaring one at that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    Save our buyout and use it as late as possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I did the math and conversion and based on his guaranteed of $6.18M, he's earning 76,350 pounds per week, which is going towards the heavier end of salaries. Certainly too much for a team facing relegation. If he went down to 45,000 pounds per week they'd probably buy him. Might be some dubious TFC backroom deal for that to happen. We'd be eating the difference off of MLS books; depends how much they're willing to lose to get another DP in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it not true that a team can only sign 2 hg players per year? That came up when Vancouver announced a hg, but not effective until jan1,2015. Perhaps Chapmans situation is the same. We signed Manny and Jordan this year i think to hg deals

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I did the math and conversion and based on his guaranteed of $6.18M, he's earning 76,350 pounds per week, which is going towards the heavier end of salaries. Certainly too much for a team facing relegation. If he went down to 45,000 pounds per week they'd probably buy him. Might be some dubious TFC backroom deal for that to happen. We'd be eating the difference off of MLS books; depends how much they're willing to lose to get another DP in.
    The other sticking point is going to be the length of his contract. He's not likely to get a 3 or 4 year deal at that salary at his age with his injury history. I'd be shocked if he was offered more than a two year deal.

Oh - in response to other stuff I this thread Harry has flat out said they are looking for loans right now - not to buy outright. Bez said they aren't interested in a loan. Likely a lot of posturing though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    The other sticking point is going to be the length of his contract. He's not likely to get a 3 or 4 year deal at that salary at his age with his injury history. I'd be shocked if he was offered more than a two year deal.

Oh - in response to other stuff I this thread Harry has flat out said they are looking for loans right now - not to buy outright. Bez said they aren't interested in a loan. Likely a lot of posturing though.
    I agree. All this is posturing. However, if they can't get a good deal, bring him back! All he does is score, and with the rest he has now had should be less of an injury risk. Goals goals goals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I agree. All this is posturing. However, if they can't get a good deal, bring him back! All he does is score, and with the rest he has now had should be less of an injury risk. Goals goals goals.
    Yep if the deal isn't right for us aka a loan or whatever then I would rather keep him.

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we loan Defoe can we start a "Fire Bez" thread, plz?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BeachTory View Post
    Is it not true that a team can only sign 2 hg players per year? That came up when Vancouver announced a hg, but not effective until jan1,2015. Perhaps Chapmans situation is the same. We signed Manny and Jordan this year i think to hg deals
    Believe this rule was scrapped after the league realized the obvious stupidity of it. Someone else might have to confirm though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamehawk View Post
    I am glad I am wrong. Hope tfc and league don't screw this up. This draft system is archaic. Let local players play for their local clubs.
    you and me both. i wonder almost whether he won't sign if he can't sign to TFC. gonna have to rid of that shit sooner or later

Quote Originally Posted by spark View Post
    Problem is we dont know whether he has or hasn't been playing in the summer and MLS isn't likely to tell us anyways. Fingers crossed we are able to keep him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    How's it Bez's fault if his boss over paid a player to the point no-one else wants to pick up the contract? Defoe was a Tim L move. Not a single person ever thought Bez recruited or ran the negotiations with him. And I dunno many people who would've said the decision whether or not to loan/sell Defoe in the summer window would have been a Bez decision instead of a Timmy/MLSE board. Tim went for a big reward, it came with a big risk. It happens. But Bez doesn't wear that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    Need to understand what happened at the end of August in order to have an opinion about this.

I always thought Bez had a deal to sell Defoe - nothing else explains that Aug 30 presser - and then the league blocked it - they can't have first year DPs walking out in the middle of playoff races. Just my opinion.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BeachTory View Post
    Doubt it, we also signed Manella as well this year. Someone else said that they may have scrapped it, which would make sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

honestly id be okay with a loan move so long as QPR paid a loan fee and instead of the loan ending in august or may it ended next december

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Need to understand what happened at the end of August in order to have an opinion about this.

I always thought Bez had a deal to sell Defoe - nothing else explains that Aug 30 presser - and then the league blocked it - they can't have first year DPs walking out in the middle of playoff races. Just my opinion.
    Makes sense.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is no limit on the number of HG signings a team can have.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Makes sense.
    What doesn't make sense is why Bez would think he had a deal without checking with the league first.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”