Page 43 of 134 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 3992
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    In fairness, can West Ham say its real until their transfer window opens?
    No problems with announcing it now - so long as the deal is done and TFC/MLS do not object to them announcing it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    No problems with announcing it now - so long as the deal is done and TFC/MLS do not object to them announcing it.
    UEFA might object.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Yeah, the size / strength thing can't be understated. Easily top 5 in MLS. I remember when we played Van and he tossed Hassli aside like a rag doll; EH just looked back in disbelief that this kid just out muscled him by such a large margin.

If a club like Porto wants to take a flyer, that's enough for me to eat my hat on any criticism. They probably have the best scouting department on the planet, at least as far as finding under valued players goes.

I wonder if porto and sporting use the golden ticket rule aswell to get players in

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    UEFA might object.
    Nah - it happens fairly often in Europe. For example, Inter announced the signing of Vidic while he was still under contract with United. That was a free transfer, but I have seen the same with paid transfers.

The transfer window is just for when the players can actually move.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face

Nah - it happens fairly often in Europe. For example, Inter announced the signing of Vidic while he was still under contract with United. That was a free transfer, but I have seen the same with paid transfers.

This will be at least one player at TFC who thanks his lucky stars that he had Nelsen as his coach...I do wonder if he would have got the opportunity without the right introductions at the right time, you would like to think so on his talent but you just know of too many with the talent who never get a look in...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Robert Lewandowski. Confirmed the move well before signing the contract with Bayern M.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sit corrected.

Are any of the Americans who run this team still in town to comment?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    They should play a few home games in Hamilton at the Pan Am games soccer stadium.
    No, the less games on plastic the better.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    No, the less games on plastic the better.
    I would have rather had a game or twotwo at thethe dome or say Tim H ortons Field than 8 or so straight road games, really hard to build the buzz for the season away from home.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I would have rather had a game or twotwo at thethe dome or say Tim H ortons Field than 8 or so straight road games, really hard to build the buzz for the season away from home.
    I'd think it'd build tension, especially if we do decently on the road

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And Nelson Oliviera's loan deal to Swansea from Benfica was confirmed by Swansea today so I don't think there's anything stopping West Ham from announcing Doneil.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im willing to wager we will get 2 bye weeks and 6 road games during those first two months, which will mean we have a long road trip to start the season and a back heavy schedule where we are trying to make up points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully we are able to get a west coast swing out of the way and maybe 1 or 2 away trisp during those 8 games.

Anyways we are 9 days away from.the transfer window opening and very little in terms of rumors right now. Kinda refreshing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    And Nelson Oliviera's loan deal to Swansea from Benfica was confirmed by Swansea today so I don't think there's anything stopping West Ham from announcing Doneil.
    Spurs announced DeAndre Yedlin today too. That's about as close to the Henry situation as you get.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So pumped for Henry. I'll sacrifice any TFC player for a chance at making our Nats competitive.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dunkers View Post
    Im willing to wager we will get 2 bye weeks and 6 road games during those first two months, which will mean we have a long road trip to start the season and a back heavy schedule where we are trying to make up points.
    I see 7 games at least, don't want bye weeks breaking things up too much.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.sbisoccer.com/2014/12/201...d-version.html

^SBI Draft Board

It also says that Chapman's homegrown status is in dispute which could be why we haven't signed him yet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    http://www.sbisoccer.com/2014/12/201...d-version.html

^SBI Draft Board

It also says that Chapman's homegrown status is in dispute which could be why we haven't signed him yet
    That's frustrating. I wonder what the dispute could be. Damnit, just give us Chapman.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://americansoccernow.com/article...chool-for-pros

"The situation for Chapman, a fellow Canadian who plays for Michigan State where he just completed a season that saw him named the Big Ten’s midfielder of the year, is more confusing. He played at Toronto FC’s academy in high school “but towards the end of his senior year (of high school) Thomas Rongen (the club’s former academy director) dropped him,” said an industry source. “So they don’t know whether TFC still has his homegrown rights.”
    Chapman is unsure whether or not he’d be signed to a Generation Adidias deal and thus put into next month’s SuperDraft, however MLS says he’s not a candidate for that program. “He’s not our list of candidates for Generation Adidas,” said Lino di Cuollo, MLS vice president for player relations and completion. “It’s up to Toronto if they want to sign him or not.”
    Like Larin, Chapman has European options. His father is from England, making him eligible for a British passport and able to usurp the strict work permit requirements. Last summer, the same source said, he received an offer from Stoke City of the Premier League but opted to return for his junior season.
    “He’s still considering options over there, too,” said a source close to Chapman. “He’s had good talks with MLS but wants to know his status. It’s frustrating."

Just remembered this article. I really liked what rongen did in American Samoa but his rumored inadequacies may be reflected here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just saw the Telegraph article about Defoe, just after I had watched the best 5 TFC goals of the year. Defoe will be missed. So will Henry. And DeRo was in almost all of them....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamehawk View Post

"The situation for Chapman, a fellow Canadian who plays for Michigan State where he just completed a season that saw him named the Big Ten’s midfielder of the year, is more confusing. He played at Toronto FC’s academy in high school “but towards the end of his senior year (of high school) Thomas Rongen (the club’s former academy director) dropped him,” said an industry source. “So they don’t know whether TFC still has his homegrown rights.”
    Chapman is unsure whether or not he’d be signed to a Generation Adidias deal and thus put into next month’s SuperDraft, however MLS says he’s not a candidate for that program. “He’s not our list of candidates for Generation Adidas,” said Lino di Cuollo, MLS vice president for player relations and completion. “It’s up to Toronto if they want to sign him or not.”
    Like Larin, Chapman has European options. His father is from England, making him eligible for a British passport and able to usurp the strict work permit requirements. Last summer, the same source said, he received an offer from Stoke City of the Premier League but opted to return for his junior season.
    “He’s still considering options over there, too,” said a source close to Chapman. “He’s had good talks with MLS but wants to know his status. It’s frustrating."

Just remembered this article. I really liked what rongen did in American Samoa but his rumored inadequacies may be reflected here.
    that makes it sound like all we need to do is pull the trigger on a homegrown deal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was already reflected with Neven Subotic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never did hear anything about why he was even let go, other than the new management team wanted their own guys (and in Bez's case a go-to head coach). What were Rongen's inadequacies as it seemed like he was just over qualified for the job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mcolvy View Post
    I never did hear anything about why he was even let go, other than the new management team wanted their own guys (and in Bez's case a go-to head coach). What were Rongen's inadequacies as it seemed like he was just over qualified for the job.
    I don't know anything specific, but I once chatted with a parent at an academy game, and he didn't seem well-liked. People seemed happy that he was gone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ives Galarcep@SoccerByIves 22m22 minutes ago
    @prizby chapman didn't train with TFC once when he was in college, a requirement to maintain his rights. Not a lock they keep his rights.

This looks to be a reason, a little nerve-wracking. I hope Ives is wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know anything specific, but I once chatted with a parent at an academy game, and he didn't seem well-liked. People seemed happy that he was gone.
    I honestly wonder what made him qualified to set up an academy. Seems to me like they went hey, here's an MLS guy from Holland and has worked in the USMNT youth ranks. Surely he knows how to set up an academy. I don't think he ever even worked at an academy of any kind before he came here. Academy coach would have been a better role for him than director. We already had someone far more suited to set up the academy in Bob de Klerk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i imagine our argument is entirely predicated on the idea that Chapman will not sign with MLS at all if he's not with us

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Homegrown status has been awarded for much less.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reading between the lines, it seems more and more like Jay Chapman may be the one disputing the HG claim. Apparently, players with HG Status are not allowed to opt out and join the draft. And Ives did also say that MLS was ready to rubber stamp the HG Status until it was challenged. Who else would possibly challenge this?

Ives Galarcep @SoccerByIves · 51m 51 minutes ago
    @prizby don't think team's struggles should matter. Either he meets the requirements or not. And what if he doesn't want to play for TFC?

ves Galarcep @SoccerByIves · 1h1 hour ago

@prizby sense is MLS thought it was simple, rubber stamped it but the claim is being fought and questions being raised about the claim

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Duane seems to be saying TFC and his family/friends say otherwise. Im going to wait and see