Page 41 of 134 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 3992
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Former player D Henry is being linked to Westham United; hope things work out for him in his future endeavours

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    Former player D Henry is being linked to Westham United; hope things work out for him in his future endeavours
    I wonder how long it will take before the next academy product ends up as our starting CB. I know Manella can play there, but I am guessing they see him more as a CDM. I wonder if Elias Roubos is planning to complete his four years at college, he's always looked great everytime I've seen him play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He has a work permit hearing on Monday. If it goes well and he gets one, he is going to West Ham

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    He has a work permit hearing on Monday. If it goes well and he gets one, he is going to West Ham
    Good for him! Bit of a fuck you to all the people calling him shit during the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what was the transfer fee for Henry?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i sure hope tfc get a chunk of that transfer fee if he goes to WH.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    So what was the transfer fee for Henry?
    According to the daily mail it's 1.5 million pounds so about $2.4 million in Canadian. But his Cypriot club gets the transfer fee. The whole thing is weird...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sully View Post
    According to the daily mail it's 1.5 million pounds so about $2.4 million in Canadian. But his Cypriot club gets the transfer fee. The whole thing is weird...
    I'm certain I read somewhere that TFC get a sell on % as part of any other deal.

EDIT: YUP

Bezbatchenko didn’t rule out the possibility of Henry being loaned back to TFC for the duration of the 2015 MLS campaign. He also said there’s a chance the club from Cyprus could sell Henry off to another team in Europe, but only after first consulting with TFC. If Henry was sold, Toronto would receive compensation, but Bezbatchenko wouldn’t offer specifics.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/mls-major-league-soccer-doneil-henry-tfc-toronto-fc-apollon-limassol/
    Last edited by Areathrasher; 12-20-2014 at 12:42 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sully View Post
    TFC will definitely have negotiated for a portion of the transfer fee. The whole point of the Cyprus thing was to get him to West Ham.

Did anyone watch the Premier League post game show on TSN? Wileman and Jack were gonna talk more about the transfer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would be shocked if tfc dont get a chunk of that fee,i heard somewhere that the Cypriot club paid 500k for HENRY,,i sure hope bez put in a clause in that transfer,if not its jus another bone head move by TFC.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.
    Roy Keane

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd be very shocked if Henry gets a work permit. very. Canada's ranking just isn't high enough
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    I'd be very shocked if Henry gets a work permit. very. Canada's ranking just isn't high enough
    Obviously West Ham thinks they have a good chance or they would not have got into this complicated situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone know how the allocation would work? We got allocation for the sale to cyprus but would we also get allocation from the sell on assuming we kept a %.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    It doesn't matter. His agent is now probably working with Joorabchian to get him a cyprus passport; there's a loophole based on declared assets. So all they have to do is have Joorbanian buy him the assets, then have a clause in the west ham contract referring any cyprus assets back to Joorbanian and bingo, Cyprus passport allowing EU work.

But it takes a while and they probably figure they might as well just appeal based on "wonderkid" status; there's a clause in the Brit system that you can appeal the max appearance regulations and national rating if the player is considered a major prospect, but it's rarely granted these days.

It's something like that. Toronto probably felt it was too risky so they took the money from the cyprus club upfront; that way, if the passport scam falls apart they're still compensated for their player.
    Last edited by jloome; 12-20-2014 at 02:26 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    It doesn't matter. His agent is now probably working with Joorbanian to get him a cyprus passport; there's a loophole based on declared assets. So all they have to do is have Joorbanian buy him the assets, then have a clause in the west ham contract referring any cyprus assets back to Joorbanian and bingo, Cyprus passport allowing EU work.

But it takes a while and they probably figure they might as well just appeal based on "wonderkid" status; there's a clause in the Brit system that you can appeal the max appearance regulations and national rating if the player is considered a major prospect, but it's rarely granted these days.

It's something like that. Toronto probably felt it was too risky so they took the money from the cyprus club upfront; that way, if the passport scam falls apart they're still compensated for their player.
    Just in case anyone's wondering, yes, this probably means we gave up a $3 million transfer fee for a $500,000 one, just to be certain we got the money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Anyone know how the allocation would work? We got allocation for the sale to cyprus but would we also get allocation from the sell on assuming we kept a %.
    Only if stipulated in the deal between us and Limassol.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dodgy stuff this. And for all we know, he might be loaned back to us by West Ham anyways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Only if stipulated in the deal between us and Limassol.
    Bez stated that there is a sell on clause. Its in the article linked further up the page.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Bez stated that there is a sell on clause. Its in the article linked further up the page.
    Ok.... so this is probably how this goes down:

-- Kia Joorabchian realizes there is a loophole in Cyprus' passport law with respect to football; the $2.5M required to automatically get citizenship is a pretty low barrier, especially when there's nothing in the regulation that says you must MAINTAIN that level of income. Just that you have it when you apply. This gives him a chance to test whether he can use the nation to regular get around work permit regs.

-- He approaches Limassol, one of several clubs in Cyprus hit hard by the economic crisis there and needing an infusion of investment. He can't do so directly, but he CAN arrange for the club to get a slice of a bunch of deals.

-- He opens a joint account in Cyprus between one of his companies and the player in question. He purchases a local property (pretty cheap for a guy of his enormous wealth) and starts a company. Bingo, because the player is jointly assigned to the account, or has one started for him with a $2.5M deposit, and is employed by the company in Cyprus, he gets a fast-tracked passport.

-- Joorabchian has it written into the sell-on club's contract with the player that any upfront money is granted back. OR, if the joint account thing worked, he doesn't even have to do that.

The sell-on club maintains the illusion of propriety by applying for a work permit. In the meantime, the passport app is already underway. During the appeal process for the permit, or at the initial hearing if its granted, they point out that he now has a cyprus passport. He's granted a work permit. We don't hear what the argument was during the process, so the backdoor through cyprus isn't publicly discussed.

Something like that.

If it works, expect other Canadian and low-ranked-nation youth stars to use it. Joorabchian (or whoever, others will do it if it's a legal loophole) just has to cut the intermediary cyprus club a portion of the transfer each time, take a big chunk himself and, bob's your uncle, without spending an actual dime (except for buying house, a pretty low-end investment) he's raking in millions in agent fees.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are the odds our next DP is a Joochabarin client?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just another article...
    http://www.thescore.com/news/662432

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TFC View Post
    Just another article...
    http://www.thescore.com/news/662432
    Wow. .hope they can slim down his bone headedness and polish him up.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    if it goes through , couldn't happen to a better young man , yes he will probably be loaned out to a lower league but it's a fine continuation to his carear . and to all his haters , ...just desserts , .........makes my day .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    TFC will definitely have negotiated for a portion of the transfer fee. The whole point of the Cyprus thing was to get him to West Ham.

Did anyone watch the Premier League post game show on TSN? Wileman and Jack were gonna talk more about the transfer.
    yes Jack and Voss both mentioned IF he gets the work permit , (not a given ) , it was fitting and deserved . AND he could / should end up being a leader for the next ten years for CNMT . They mentioned yes like ALL young CB'S he will and has made mistakes , he has amazing talent and all the tools to succeed . West Ham have always had an eye on him to hopefully develop him into a first squad player . Again right back at you haters . Sweet . It will be a local loss for sure but well deserved . And again will TFC be searching for old CB cast-offs from the old country.......We are in trouble at the back-end , heard that before .....
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    if it goes through , couldn't happen to a better young man , yes he will probably be loaned out to a lower league but it's a fine continuation to his carear . and to all his haters , ...just desserts , .........makes my day .
    I believe that van Gaal is looking to solve all the United defence issues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

May just be an unfounded rumour, but FC Porto are being linked to Henry.

CBC Sports article mentioning a "source" stating Porto were interested: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/cana...-ham-1.2880443
    Portuguese site "Abola" also repeating this rumour: http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=520350

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fdasilva View Post
    May just be an unfounded rumour, but FC Porto are being linked to Henry.

CBC Sports article mentioning a "source" stating Porto were interested: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/cana...-ham-1.2880443
    Portuguese site "Abola" also repeating this rumour: http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=520350
    Here I was thinking Henry is awful player that Hagglund should be starting over Henry. lol

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on his play at some points last season, yes Hagglund did and should have started over Henry. Doesn't mean Hagglund has more potential then Henry. Both of them have a lot to learn. I'm happy for Henry but his transfer to a higher end European team does not erase the memory of

a) aimless passes to nobody when provided with space to run into
    b) bone headed plays every game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always thought Henry had the potential to play top flight football in Europe, but I am surprised at the level of reported interest at this stage of his career. He improved throughout the course of last season, but he still has a lot of work to do on his distribution skills and his control when defending in the box.