Page 37 of 134 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 3992
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Findley is junk. He had one good season in his MLS career. The fact that he played in a World Cup boggles my mind.
    I agree. He hasn't really had a good season in like half a decade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone who's played in that line forward spot for RSL has done well. It's the service more-so than the player it seems.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gawd, i hope he's not the #10 TFC is saying they'll get this year... I can't believe he wears that number

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think two things are holding us back from making any player moves outside of the usual MLS processes. One is that the Defoe situation can not be resolved until Europe's transfer window opens. The other is the fact that the new collective bargaining agreement probably will be significantly different than the past one making it very hard to know how they need to structure the roster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffian View Post
    I think two things are holding us back from making any player moves outside of the usual MLS processes. One is that the Defoe situation can not be resolved until Europe's transfer window opens. The other is the fact that the new collective bargaining agreement probably will be significantly different than the past one making it very hard to know how they need to structure the roster.
    How would they even proceed with the collective bargaining process where it's at? I guess they would have some rough idea where it's going, but there is a lot hanging on it. The rules of the game could be fundamentally different. Or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red I View Post
    Gawd, i hope he's not the #10 TFC is saying they'll get this year... I can't believe he wears that number
    Small forwards based on English football numbering traditions wear no. 10. Outside of tradition and based on today's standards, it's referenced as a creative attacking midfielder.

Watch this:
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/video/2014/...-between-lines
    Last edited by PopePouri; 12-17-2014 at 10:58 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Derko;1708289]
    Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    He's not going back to England without a sizable pay cut, and he would most likely have to settle for a 2 year contract as well.

That said, I wonder if Liverpool might be interested. They are desperately in need of quality up front. Maybe we could swap for Balotelli [/QUOTE

No thanks
    Totally joking about Balo. He'd be a disaster. An entertaining one though. Seems totally like the sort of bone-headed our organization would make though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    Small forwards based on English football numbering traditions wear no. 10. Outside of tradition and based on today's standards, it's referenced as a creative attacking midfielder.

Watch this:
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/video/2014/...-between-lines
    Yes, i get that, just not the type of #10 i hope we target - even as a drop-forward, "Rooney-type" this guy is not exactly convincing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we don't get a legit DP CAM then idk... You would think we want the heart of our attack to be the best CAM our money can buy to run the offense. We have Bradley as box-to-box, more defense minded with the long ball vision and work-rate. I certainly hope (and still believe) Bez and Vanney are targeting a true #10.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdubs View Post
    If we don't get a legit DP CAM then idk... You would think we want the heart of our attack to be the best CAM our money can buy to run the offense. We have Bradley as box-to-box, more defense minded with the long ball vision and work-rate. I certainly hope (and still believe) Bez and Vanney are targeting a true #10.
    We could easily play without a top quality #10, or at #10 at all - but to do that we need a big upgrade in wide players, and we still need a better partner for Bradley in central mid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, i get that, just not the type of #10 i hope we target - even as a drop-forward, "Rooney-type" this guy is not exactly convincing
    Findley isn't a no. 10 (regardless of the number on the back) or a drop forward. Findley will either be a winger in 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 or possibly up front in a 2 if we play a diamond.

It's easy to assume we will be targeting a creative midfielder as well (most likely DP).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Findley isn't a no. 10 (regardless of the number on the back) or a drop forward. Findley will either be a winger in 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 or possibly up front in a 2 if we play a diamond.

It's easy to assume we will be targeting a creative midfielder as well (most likely DP).
    I'm starting to think this is wishful thinking on all our parts.

If Defoe stays, how will we play anything but 4-4-2? We either play with two strikers or we sit Gilberto/Moore/Dike/Hamilton, as none are suited to play wide except maybe Gilberto. We resigned Dike, which suggests we either use a post man or a pair up top; can't be the former or we're relying on Defoe sometimes to win balls in the box.

Our personnel situation right now is somewhat confusing.

Even if Defoe goes, the fact that two of our strikers are big men suggests we either play a two up top to accommodate Gilberto, or we push him wide.

It might be, I guess, that he plans to play two different versions of 433 derivatives, one with inverted wingers and Defoe inside and the other with true wingers and a tall guy knocking stuff down or winning headers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    We could easily play without a top quality #10, or at #10 at all - but to do that we need a big upgrade in wide players, and we still need a better partner for Bradley in central mid.
    agreed. different ways to set it up. Need midfield up grades regardless with DP spots. Defoe should leave and with the potential addition of another DP spot put them in midfield whether CAM/DM, or wide players. I think a Gilberto, Findley, Dike, Oduro, Moore(if he stays?) gives us enough up front. I think our major weakness is the midfield. Like to see this be our focus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hell will freeze over before Defoe stays with TFC past this window. He's going to be unloaded one way or another.

They'll use Findley (at least on occasion) the same way they will use Gilberto: to swoop in behind a high backline to get in on goal. Dike will be used to give the team a different look.

We'll be playing through the mid I would think an AM (still) has to be top of the list. This team is incomplete without one. Bradley needs someone more attack focused to play off of.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am thinking Miguel Ibarra would be worth a look.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I am thinking Miguel Ibarra would be worth a look.
    He's got a year or two left on his contract with Minny. They'd want a decent transfer fee which could end up making him a DP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdubs View Post
    agreed. different ways to set it up. Need midfield up grades regardless with DP spots. Defoe should leave and with the potential addition of another DP spot put them in midfield whether CAM/DM, or wide players. I think a Gilberto, Findley, Dike, Oduro, Moore(if he stays?) gives us enough up front. I think our major weakness is the midfield. Like to see this be our focus.
    We need more "creators" in general especially if a team built to break down teams instead of utilizing the transition. On all playoff teams, you can one or two very good ones. Some DP, some not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need more "creators" in general especially if a team built to break down teams instead of utilizing the transition. On all playoff teams, you can one or two very good ones. Some DP, some not.
    Agreed 100%

... I don't know if the lack of transfer rumours surrounding this team right now is a welcome change from the usual silly season, or a foreshadowing of the transfer window activity...

Should I be worried??

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed 100%

... I don't know if the lack of transfer rumours surrounding this team right now is a welcome change from the usual silly season, or a foreshadowing of the transfer window activity...

Should I be worried??
    No, its december

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    He's got a year or two left on his contract with Minny. They'd want a decent transfer fee which could end up making him a DP.
    if there's one thing i want out of this cba its for transfer fees to not count towards the cap. just let the teams pay the fee, it just prevents competition from rising. if a player is on 200k a year but requires a 400k transfer fee it makes no sense for that to count towards their cap hit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    if there's one thing i want out of this cba its for transfer fees to not count towards the cap. just let the teams pay the fee, it just prevents competition from rising. if a player is on 200k a year but requires a 400k transfer fee it makes no sense for that to count towards their cap hit
    Not saying I agree, but the argument would be that it undermines parity. Teams with richer owners have access to more players, clubs with less money have to rely on out of contract players.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I'm starting to think this is wishful thinking on all our parts.

If Defoe stays, how will we play anything but 4-4-2? We either play with two strikers or we sit Gilberto/Moore/Dike/Hamilton, as none are suited to play wide except maybe Gilberto. We resigned Dike, which suggests we either use a post man or a pair up top; can't be the former or we're relying on Defoe sometimes to win balls in the box.

Our personnel situation right now is somewhat confusing.

Even if Defoe goes, the fact that two of our strikers are big men suggests we either play a two up top to accommodate Gilberto, or we push him wide.

It might be, I guess, that he plans to play two different versions of 433 derivatives, one with inverted wingers and Defoe inside and the other with true wingers and a tall guy knocking stuff down or winning headers.
    this is uncomfortably true..............and I still think TFC is capable of standing pat with a dead duck Defoe.....and throwing away another season still making us believe 'slow' progress is winning progress . hopefully it may be and Bez will work some magic, but I relate to the raptors , youth, energy and desire with no primadonnas . And great coach and GM !
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Hell will freeze over before Defoe stays with TFC past this window. He's going to be unloaded one way or another.

They'll use Findley (at least on occasion) the same way they will use Gilberto: to swoop in behind a high backline to get in on goal. Dike will be used to give the team a different look.

We'll be playing through the mid I would think an AM (still) has to be top of the list. This team is incomplete without one. Bradley needs someone more attack focused to play off of.
    .....one can only hope
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At this point last year, they had already done a promotional video and jersey photo shoot with Defoe in London.

i.e. Deals are done before January but we will never see that before the Euro window opens.

Expect the F5 key to get a lot of work before Jan 10.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Defoe was superb before he was hurt and would be terrific to retain, if he can get back to that place. Bradley is amazing from an effort and leadership perspective, but post World Cup there was something deeply wrong. Whether it was his foot, unclear strategy, trying too hard, the lack of a "number 10" , or something else, the team must resolve those issues as a first priority.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it possible that Aparicio gets an opportunity to be our cam?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    Think he's still a few lbs away.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    *jaw hits the floor*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we can keep all three DP's - then we will be in better shape overall - it would be a first to keep the core of the team for two seasons. Off-season rest and recuperation for Bradley and Defoe will do a world of good. Gilberto settling in will also be a bonus.

Creative playmaker...wingers....and centre-back(s)....that's what we need.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    If we can keep all three DP's - then we will be in better shape overall - it would be a first to keep the core of the team for two seasons. Off-season rest and recuperation for Bradley and Defoe will do a world of good. Gilberto settling in will also be a bonus.

Creative playmaker...wingers....and centre-back(s)....that's what we need.
    I totally agree with you Hamilton Red I honestly think our most pressing need is at Centre Back. then a creative playmaker.