Page 31 of 134 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL WUT

Toronto FC@torontofc 6m6 minutes ago
    Stop the plane! Toronto FC has re-acquired Daniel Lovitz from @NYCFC: http://bit.ly/1se0DHC

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stop the plane, unpack the bags, Daniel is staying, everyone can relax now.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get this now.
    They told NYCFC to take him so they could protect Bloom and in the end technically protect 13 players instead of 11.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is quite amusing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeRo Fan #1 View Post
    I get this now.
    They told NYCFC to take him so they could protect Bloom and in the end technically protect 13 players instead of 11.
    Nice of NYCFC to cooperate. We must have sent a good amount of allocation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So rational for exposing Bloom was not there.

They could have saved 'undisclosed amount of allocation' by exposing Moore instead of Lovitz.
    I do not get love for Moore -- he is a fraction of either RJ, Santos, Gordon, or Mista

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that was anticlimactic
    meanwhile olave moves back to RSL... yet another veteran CB not coming to Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow TIM...should we plan the parade route.i guess he likes this roster,a team that won 3 or 4 games out of the last 20...im going to renew now

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can we wait until opening day to assess whether Bez sucked this off season or not?

today was just opening round of trades for most teams. expect more business to happen during re entry draft and onwards
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    Wow TIM...should we plan the parade route.i guess he likes this roster,a team that won 3 or 4 games out of the last 20...im going to renew now
    It's December

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no big deal....we got a lot of allo in the LABA dealoh wait we didnt get any allo in the laba deal?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah we did

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea, a % of the cash that the Caps paid can be converted to allocation.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So who is up joining me in Philly to makeup the TFC supporters section at the SuperDraft, stand up, be loud and proud, great place to see the action up close and personal. The GMs wheeling and dealing right before your own eyes.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too bad nobody didn't start a Daniel Lovitz appreciation thread......would have been priceless

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone want to go to the airport to greet our new signing? Lets form a welcoming party to make him feel at home in a new city

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Yea, a % of the cash that the Caps paid can be converted to allocation.
    i heard its jus cash not allo. tim told me to my face that it jus cash no allo involved.
    Last edited by reggie; 12-10-2014 at 06:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems Guillermo Farre to TFC is false according to MLS Soccer:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...medium=twitter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    Anyone want to go to the airport to greet our new signing? Lets form a welcoming party to make him feel at home in a new city
    afterall he has never been to Vaughan the maybe new location of ther new USL club..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it safe to assume that all those tweets regarding a big trade was just Lovitz and I can stop refreshing twitter

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I like getting Lovitz back.

Toronto writes off rookies way too easily. Shrewd bit of work there by the Bez.

+1

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    I like getting Lovitz back.

Toronto writes off rookies way too easily. Shrewd bit of work there by the Bez.

+1
    I agree. It was actually a very good move by Bez.

BTW, fior the reggies out there, they did cut quite a few marginal players earlier. I'm expecting upgrades around this core.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This isn't about Lovitz per se .....How can anyone know what to think of the Lovitz thing without knowing what the allocation we gave up was? Bez can say anything he feels like, we'll never know. Allocation is valuable! I've got one opinion if it was 50K, another at 150K.

It's the same day we find out he made up the story about what we were getting for Laba!
    Last edited by ensco; 12-11-2014 at 08:41 AM.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    This isn't about Lovitz per se .....How can anyone know what to think of the Lovitz thing without knowing what the allocation we gave up was? Bez can say anything he feels like, we'll never know. Allocation is valuable! I've got one opinion if it was 50K, another at 150K.

It's the same day we find out he made up the story about what we were getting for Laba!
    They got allocation for loosing him in the first place, so likely just gave that to NYCFC. Now I am making an assumption here, but if they gave them the same amount they go it really amount to being able to protect two extra players ie him and Bloom.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John Molinaro mentioned on Twitter that the Lovitz deal with NYFC was arranged in advance (as we expected here). Also as far as I understand his tweets, TFC paid approx. in allocation to NYFC, what TFC got in the first place from the league for losing Lovitz.

Likely NY wasn't very interested in anyone on TFC's unprotected list, but would like more allo cash for various other deals. So the benefit for NY: out of a selection of unappetizing choices (TFC's unprotected list), they get some more allocation rather than just skipping over TFC's list & getting nothing in return. Benefit for TFC is that they got to protect another player -- actually two players, as the bogus selection of Lovitz let them also protect Bloom. All that for little to no allocation lost by TFC.

Just guessing here -- a few people mentioned that players selected in the expansion draft have to be offered a spot on the senior roster, likely including a raise for Lovitz. I imagine that rule would carry back to TFC. So a theoretic downside for TFC could be, having to pay Lovitz more. However, as he was on $36k with significant playing time last season, he was likely due a raise anyway, and certainly deserved it. That in turn would have been the incentive for Lovitz & his agent etc. to keep quiet about this deal, assuming they were warned that there's a deal being swung & Lovitz won't actually have to leave.

I just hope they got the allocation amounts in writing beforehand. I'm not sure if Mr. Garber likes his bucks to be used in this way. Other than that, could be a very shrewd piece of business.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, Bez did work in the MLS FO for a while, so I'm sure he knows all the loopholes and how to expoit them. I think he'll probably be a decent GM except his PR skills require some improvement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NYCFC probably need a bucketload of allo to pay down the salaries of the 4 Man City youth players/reserves they get on loan.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Jas far as I understand his tweets, TFC paid approx. in allocation to NYFC, what TFC got in the first place from the league for losing Lovitz.
    A TFC deal where everyone is happy and TFC breaks even on the deal? Now that's a first!
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    John Molinaro mentioned on Twitter that the Lovitz deal with NYFC was arranged in advance (as we expected here). Also as far as I understand his tweets, TFC paid approx. in allocation to NYFC, what TFC got in the first place from the league for losing Lovitz.

Likely NY wasn't very interested in anyone on TFC's unprotected list, but would like more allo cash for various other deals. So the benefit for NY: out of a selection of unappetizing choices (TFC's unprotected list), they get some more allocation rather than just skipping over TFC's list & getting nothing in return. Benefit for TFC is that they got to protect another player -- actually two players, as the bogus selection of Lovitz let them also protect Bloom. All that for little to no allocation lost by TFC.

Just guessing here -- a few people mentioned that players selected in the expansion draft have to be offered a spot on the senior roster, likely including a raise for Lovitz. I imagine that rule would carry back to TFC. So a theoretic downside for TFC could be, having to pay Lovitz more. However, as he was on $36k with significant playing time last season, he was likely due a raise anyway, and certainly deserved it. That in turn would have been the incentive for Lovitz & his agent etc. to keep quiet about this deal, assuming they were warned that there's a deal being swung & Lovitz won't actually have to leave.

I just hope they got the allocation amounts in writing beforehand. I'm not sure if Mr. Garber likes his bucks to be used in this way. Other than that, could be a very shrewd piece of business.
    This isn't hanging together, I don't see the NYCFC perspective in this version of events. I could see it if it was the last pick in the draft, maybe, but why would they waste a relatively high pick to do this, unless they were getting more than the allocation they gave up?
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regarding the Defoe to QPR Rumours:

http://www.sbisoccer.com/2014/12/red...-approach.html

In addition, Redknapp revealed he has yet to make a move for Defoe as well, despite attempting to lure the Toronto FC striker to QPR towards the end of the summer window.
    “No, I’ve never spoken about Jermain,” Redknapp said. “We made an enquiry in the summer. It was too expensive, we couldn’t do a deal and the club wouldn’t let him go anyway.
    “I’ve said all along if it’s an expensive deal we wouldn’t be able to do it. He’s a good player again, but his age and everything else (makes it difficult). The type of money the club paid for him they won’t get that back, I wouldn’t have thought.