Page 108 of 134 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,240 of 3992
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Great player, but not the right fit under the current setup, unless you shop morrow and place him at LB, which is needless.
    not to mention his salary

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Kevin Payne made one hell transfer move with getting Ecks off the books, but in our wonderful world of transparent moves in the MLS I wonder how much of his salary we were eating with our allocation?

Stuff we never see. We should all be careful with the guys we trust and don't on that level. Some of them smelled like roses when the truth was anything but. I would love to see a GM (any GM) of this team get a clean shot at building it without the dump trucks of past mistakes weighing them down.

Its not a pro Bez statement, its just one of fact. Often times the moves made are ones that free us of other issues.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Even though I am almost positive that he will be fired before he really gets a fair shot to succeed, I am with you that he deserves a clean slate heading into this season.
    I don't envision him getting fired by Bez this season unless the club is absolutely brutal. I think we have far too much talent to be a league doormat. Even with our rough schedule to start the season, I think we should end up as a mid table club that will make the playoffs in the East.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Great player, but not the right fit under the current setup, unless you shop morrow and place him at LB, which is needless.
    I see MDJ at LW for TFC
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LA and Toronto chasing Iker Casillas apparently...dunno how legit that is from tribalfootball

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol no way, i know bendik sucks and would be an upgrade...but id rather us spend money on the mid than the keeper

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    LA and Toronto chasing Iker Casillas apparently...dunno how legit that is from tribalfootball

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Milan have some interesting CB's i can see coming to mls..guys like mexes, alex, zapata would be decent in MLS but not sure what they would cost

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Milanista View Post
    lol no way, i know bendik sucks and would be an upgrade...but id rather us spend money on the mid than the keeper
    I really like Bendik as a person. That being said, remember that feeling when Cesar was in net - the one that said we probably have a real shot at winning this game and keeping out some chances?

I never got that feeling with Bendik in net...
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    That's a very tenuous link given all Casillas said was that he'd be open to playing in MLS one day.

Que BS sources linking the only MLS teams they have heard of...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Que BS sources linking the only MLS teams they have heard of...
    On the plus side we've usurped NYRB as the other MLS team besides LA mentioned in BS world transfer rumors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the plus side we've usurped NYRB as the other MLS team besides LA mentioned in BS world transfer rumors.
    That worldwide stuff Bez keeps talking about has paid off

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    How dare you speak of the Internet that way!!!!!! The Internet told I'm it's always factual.
    The Internet is on Computers as well!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I really like Bendik as a person. That being said, remember that feeling when Cesar was in net - the one that said we probably have a real shot at winning this game and keeping out some chances?

I never got that feeling with Bendik in net...
    Bendik is honestly a good MLS calibre back up but now he is overpaid for that role. Never would be starter on a team with title aspirations but is solid enough to fill gaps. He is like even Steven. For every great save he will make a poor decision in his box that will cost a goal eventually.

Basically he won't win you anything but could cost you everything. When (if) we reach that next step (playoff team) then we either upgrade the GK spot or stagnate.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bendik is honestly a good MLS calibre back up but now he is overpaid for that role. Never would be starter on a team with title aspirations but is solid enough to fill gaps. He is like even Steven. For every great save he will make a poor decision in his box that will cost a goal eventually.

Basically he won't win you anything but could cost you everything. When (if) we reach that next step (playoff team) then we either upgrade the GK spot or stagnate.
    Seattle won the Supporter's Shield with Stefan Frei and 55 GA. If you look at Jaime Penedo for LA, he's not much better than Bendik. Penedo happened to have better defence in front of him than Bendik.

You don't need a Rimando to win a MLS Cup. Nice to have, but not a must
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Seattle won the Supporter's Shield with Stefan Frei and 55 GA. If you look at Jaime Penedo for LA, he's not much better than Bendik. Penedo happened to have better defence in front of him than Bendik.

You don't need a Rimando to win a MLS Cup. Nice to have, but not a must
    Agreed on the main point. Penedo is many times the keeper Bendik is. Better reactions, better read, better positioning. He's fast, fast, fast, so he's usually to the place to intercept the ball before he can get pushed off it.

Bendik's a serviceable MLS starter in the mould of Grunebaum or Perkins; he doesn't make too many mistakes, doesn't cost us too many goals. I'd even say he has the odd amazing game where he wins one for us. But the best keepers in this league do that regularly, and I'd certainly put Penedo on that list, along with Rimando, Robles (NY's real MVP last season given its shit defence).

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ I agree that a better defense in front of our keeper could be a game changer. Fingers crossed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bednik is a starter in MLS.. Just maybe not for a top calibre one. That's my take. LA won a cup with Saunders. Bednik is no worse.

Penedo Is a better keeper many times over. I have no idea where that came from.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seattle won the Supporter's Shield with Stefan Frei and 55 GA.
    They also scored an ass load of goals as well. I don't see us doing that and that's the problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My main issues with Bendik are his distribution and his penchant for letting in soft goals. He has made his share of spectacular saves for us as well, but I certainly wouldn't be averse to an upgrade in goal in the short term at a reasonable cost. Long term, I think we might already have the answer in Alex Bono.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    My main issues with Bendik are his distribution and his penchant for letting in soft goals. He has made his share of spectacular saves for us as well, but I certainly wouldn't be averse to an upgrade in goal in the short term at a reasonable cost. Long term, I think we might already have the answer in Alex Bono.
    Agree with all of this. I think we may have something in Bono. I just hope we don't ruin him or anything.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

has anyone seen Alex Bono play? lol

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moore's back: NEWS: Forward Luke Moore took part in training this morning and has restructured his contract. #TFCLive

Probably got a nice raise because he's our number two forward now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't envision him getting fired by Bez this season unless the club is absolutely brutal. I think we have far too much talent to be a league doormat. Even with our rough schedule to start the season, I think we should end up as a mid table club that will make the playoffs in the East.
    That talent needs to be properly prepared, tactics need to be laid out, the team needs to play to those tactics, the manager needs to adjust those tactics as the game progresses. There is a lot more than just having talent. This group of players under Nelsen would likely falter.

Depth is the other factor. Granted, its scarce in the MLS in general, but how do we look with a couple of key injuries? Are we competitive when Bradley and Altidore miss a month for the Gold Cup. How does the back line look Perquis and Caldwell are injured (a possibility).

I'm purposly staying out of the Bez/Vanney debates as I'm in the camp that we just need to wait an see, but Vanney in particular is a huge X-factor this season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wounln't give much thought about Caillas moving until Real have a replacement. Perhaps there is some truth to the De Gea/Bale rumour however I think it would be a bad move for both clubs (United really going to depend on Valdes with a defence like that?/Bale is the main man when Cristian isn't around).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    ...Probably got a nice raise because he's our number two forward now.
    Gosh I hope not. He was kinda our #2 last season anyways as he was the only one constantly healthy. But, he's not worth more then his $128K last season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    Wounln't give much thought about Caillas moving until Real have a replacement. Perhaps there is some truth to the De Gea/Bale rumour however I think it would be a bad move for both clubs (United really going to depend on Valdes with a defence like that?/Bale is the main man when Cristian isn't around).
    De Gea is close to signing a new contract apparently. Word is he is not looking to leave (unless United to not make the CL). I do think he will go back to Spain sooner than later, just not this year, and I don't think to Madrid He is Atletico through and through, I'd be really surprised to see him go to Real.

Regardless - I wouldn't want us to use a DP slot on a keeper. I'd much rather see that DP slot used on an CB. You can get serviceable MLS keepers without breaking the bank.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Gosh I hope not. He was kinda our #2 last season anyways as he was the only one constantly healthy. But, he's not worth more then his $128K last season.
    It's being reported as a restructuring so he might have actually taken a pay decrease for another year added on or something.

Probably moving the dollars around to get Giovinco in earlier.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

has anyone seen Alex Bono play? lol
    The power of Youtube is a wonderful thing. #AskMariner

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has Bendik ever saved a penalty? I'll go with NO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Inklink View Post
    Has Bendik ever saved a penalty? I'll go with NO.
    I'll just put these here from last year...

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...-win-over-vanc

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...ve-week-honors