Page 101 of 134 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,030 of 3992
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    Yes, should be decent right back depth behind Bloom.
    He works hard, he can work his way up. Will need to get to know the league a little bit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re the nephew: Doc Rivers did something similar last week and is getting killed for it. Mostly for the roster impact.

Based on the cost of this player, I think it is OK.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    just a winger for me.

I think Creavalle can play the destroyer DM role, with Bradley doing much of the link up play from midfield keeping Creavalle's role simple. Creavalle's athleticism and ability to cover a lot of ground combined with Bradley should do good enough job of protecting the defenders.
    If memory serves (and it may well be wrong), wasn't he played primarily as RB last year? I wonder if Vanney sees him as a DM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamehawk View Post
    If memory serves (and it may well be wrong), wasn't he played primarily as RB last year? I wonder if Vanney sees him as a DM.
    Creavalle can't cross
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    I like the Zavaleta move, surprised that Sounders thought he was surplus.
    if there is a huge knock on Sigi is that he's not good at identifying and developing young talent. he relies mostly on veterans. only exception being Yedlin
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamehawk View Post
    He was acquired for both speed and for his ability to play both positions. I believe we saw him at least once move to that position last year. It showed his shortcomings more than his strengths. I know it looked like pandemonium but I really enjoyed him and oduro constantly overlapping. It was like reining in 2 greyhounds.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    hmm. "He is also the nephew of former MLS and U.S. national team defender and current Toronto FC head coach Greg Vanney"
    Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.
    Roy Keane

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro 5m5 minutes ago Vanney doesn't rule out Giovinco coming before July. Non-committal on who'll be captain. Says team must be roster compliant by March. #TFC

Kurtis Larson @KurtLarSUN · 11m 11 minutes ago

Luke Moore arriving in camp shortly. Club working out contract details.

Kurtis Larson @KurtLarSUN · 18m 18 minutes ago
    Vanney: "Giovinco coming as soon as we can get him."

John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro 13m13 minutes ago Vanney says defence pretty much set now. Not likely to add more pieces at the back. #TFC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Califax View Post
    So this is the guy from Man City right?
    Close, but that one letter makes a big difference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sully View Post
    hmm. "He is also the nephew of former MLS and U.S. national team defender and current Toronto FC head coach Greg Vanney"
    Nepotism!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's a Manchester City supporters' song for Pablo Zabaleta that could be modified for Eriq Zavaleta. It's a catchy tune.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's looking more likely that Giovinco will join the club in the pre-season. If we have to sell Gilberto now to make that happen, I'm in favor.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    There's a Manchester City supporters' song for Pablo Zabaleta that could be modified for Eriq Zavaleta. It's a catchy tune.
    That is actually top notch.

Edit:
    Erik Zavaleta,
    He is the f*cking man,
    We got him from Seattle,
    Cause they don't know what they had (close enough)

He plays in Red & White,
    For Uncle Vanney's men,
    And when we win the league, we'll sing this song again,
    Ohhhhhh...
    Last edited by Red4ever; 01-26-2015 at 01:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    @Armen Bedakian: We finally got the player you wanted from the 2013 superdraft
    That was what I thought at the time of that draft as well. I wonder if Vanney might play him as a fullback to take advantage of his attacking skills?

So defence is set? Then we'll have to watch the exhibition games to get a feel for how they gel over the next 6 weeks. If I see what I saw last year, I expect it to be another season without playoffs.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    That was what I thought at the time of that draft as well. I wonder if Vanney might play him as a fullback to take advantage of his attacking skills?

So defence is set? Then we'll have to watch the exhibition games to get a feel for how they gel over the next 6 weeks. If I see what I saw last year, I expect it to be another season without playoffs.
    Zavaleta is a CB

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post

Unlikely. He was a dominant striker in his last year of college because of his size, strength, speed and touch. His pro-level movement probably needs work; but he was also a central defender for various periods as a college and youth player, so his two positions really are as a target striker (ala Alan Gordon) or as a ball-winning center half (like Collin).

Versatile and smarter than most of his college peers. He got a lot done on movement. Vanney has coached him before, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto FC@torontofc 13s13 seconds ago
    Zavaleta: "I'm a converted centre-back. I'm comfortable with the ball at my feet and in the air, with my size."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edit:
    Erik Zavaleta,
    He is the f*cking man,
    We got him from Seattle,

He plays in Red & White,
    For Uncle Vanney's men,
    Ohhhhhh...
    Well done!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not know too much about Zavaleta but it seems he will be a good depth position at Cb which we really need. Good Job TFC. Hopefully we can do some creative accounting on Gilberto's contract to keep him here, And lets hope Giovinco can arrive earlier than expected it seems like that can happen.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edit:
    Erik Zavaleta,
    He is the f*cking man,
    We got him from Seattle,

He plays in Red & White,
    For Uncle Vanney's men,
    Ohhhhhh...
    Thats really good. I like it.
    Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Creavalle can't cross
    He seems really raw still, even after a few years in. A bit worrisome. He's a great athlete but he reads the game slowly, gets caught out of position, tries to use his physical skills to overcompensate. Classic non-soccer player Athlete. Easy to see Doneil making it because that described him at 17, and less and less each year after. But Creavalle is 24; I sort of see him like Bekker as having the tools to be good at a particular role -- he'd be a really good space-covering, dominating defensive midfielder if he played with the requisite awareness and urgency. But if he's not showing better by the end of this season, you have to wonder if he ever will.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    He seems really raw still, even after a few years in. A bit worrisome. He's a great athlete but he reads the game slowly, gets caught out of position, tries to use his physical skills to overcompensate. Classic non-soccer player Athlete. Easy to see Doneil making it because that described him at 17, and less and less each year after. But Creavalle is 24; I sort of see him like Bekker as having the tools to be good at a particular role -- he'd be a really good space-covering, dominating defensive midfielder if he played with the requisite awareness and urgency. But if he's not showing better by the end of this season, you have to wonder if he ever will.
    Do not be surprised too see Creavalle start the season at TFC2 for more game experience and get called up early in the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does warner play back up to? And isnt he a very expensive backup?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edit:
    Erik Zavaleta,
    He is the f*cking man,
    We got him from Seattle,

He plays in Red & White,
    For Uncle Vanney's men,
    Ohhhhhh...
    Uncle Vanney needs a SIGN!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is F awesome. Can't wait for the season to begin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GuelphStorm2007 View Post
    Do not be surprised too see Creavalle start the season at TFC2 for more game experience and get called up early in the season.
    whaatttt....

That would be outrageous, I expect Warren to get more minutes than Warner thats for sure.
    TFC2 is intended to use those players who are 1. either on the substitute bench and never get substituted in (i.e. Morgan), and 2. for first team players who don't make the squad at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just a winger for me.

I think Creavalle can play the destroyer DM role, with Bradley doing much of the link up play from midfield keeping Creavalle's role simple. Creavalle's athleticism and ability to cover a lot of ground combined with Bradley should do good enough job of protecting the defenders.
    Yeah true, forgot about that. Although it'd be nice to get someone with a little better distribution in that spot to avoid forcing Bradley to drop back. Perhaps Creavalle is up to it, he didn't really get a great opportunity to settle last year. Underrated player for us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jahinho_Guerro View Post
    whaatttt....

That would be outrageous, I expect Warren to get more minutes than Warner thats for sure.
    TFC2 is intended to use those players who are 1. either on the substitute bench and never get substituted in (i.e. Morgan), and 2. for first team players who don't make the squad at all.
    Yeah, he's a proven MLS player, not going to be on the USL squad. How good he is and if he can fit this system are up for debate, but he's not going to learn anything playing with prospects.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Yeah true, forgot about that. Although it'd be nice to get someone with a little better distribution in that spot to avoid forcing Bradley to drop back. Perhaps Creavalle is up to it, he didn't really get a great opportunity to settle last year. Underrated player for us.
    it'd be nice if we can fuse Warner's passing and Creavalle's athleticism together. not that Warner is great of a passer, but he's adequate enough to make a first pass. (give me back Laba!)

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just a winger for me.

I agree with this 100 percent. How would that formation work though, do you mean like a 3-5-2 with 2 DM's? Or 2 DM'S in 4-4-2? Does anyone know if Findley can play wing? And what our thoughts on Osorio on wing. I have to say, if we end off the off-season with 1 more winger I consider the offseason a success everything considered.

-----Altidore-Gilberto-------
    --------- Giovinco-----------
    Winger --------------Findley
    -----------Bradley-----------
    Morrow-Perquis-Caldwell-Creavalle