Page 56 of 134 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,680 of 3992
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We should just focus on a damn AM and let the next passing fancy go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would Jozy be a DP?

I dont think his play has deserved this status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Califax View Post
    I'd take Jozy. Pair him with Defoe and ship out Gilberto.
    Agreed. Gilberto just can't cut it at this level.

On the other hand, Defoe jokes aside. He would play well with Findley up front.

Ship off Gilberto and sign an attacking mid.

And of ya, GET US A GOD DAMN CB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where is this Gilberto hate coming from all of a sudden? Can't cut it at this level? Give me a break.

If Defoe goes I wouldn't mind adding Altidore but not at the expense of Gilberto, thats for sure.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I gets the feeling we are putting money down knowing full well somebody else is going to outbid. Makes us look good and puts pressure on Defoe to leave.

i.e. Its spin.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    Where is this Gilberto hate coming from all of a sudden? Can't cut it at this level? Give me a break.

If Defoe goes I wouldn't mind adding Altidore but not at the expense of Gilberto, thats for sure.
    cosign on all of these statements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Gilberto goes, it's not a surprise. He's not a no. 10 and may not be the type of no. 9 Vanney is looking for. If both Defoe and Gilberto are gone by January and we bring in the SA no. 10 and Jozy, it's a more traditional look to building a squad (creative no. 10, big and strong no. 9).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post

+1

I am actually excited to see Gilberto develop more this year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I suppose Duane Rollins will be be tweeting soon (and again) that Gilberto is going?

Cause, you know, just because a couple of people on here who don't like him suggest he should be dealt means its going to happen.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Think he's probably going to Portland. A lot points to that direction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PTFC had some tweets out sounding confident they'd be getting a big USMNT player. So my bet is they want him. May TFC outbids, and then can get somethign else in return by letting them trade for him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    If Gilberto goes, it's not a surprise. He's not a no. 10 and may not be the type of no. 9 Vanney is looking for. If both Defoe and Gilberto are gone by January and we bring in the SA no. 10 and Jozy, it's a more traditional look to building a squad (creative no. 10, big and strong no. 9).
    I think he wants a guy who can break a high defensive line and get in behind, something he couldn't do enough of last year because of bad service / poor tactics. Giberto is perfect for that.

You're Dike / bruiser will be used depending on the matchup, but will generally be second choice.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think what's gonna be really interesting is what happens in the second transfer window. A back heavy home schedule means we'll need points then. Will be interesting to see if they wait and at least try to spin us to keep numbers up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I think he wants a guy who can break a high defensive line and get in behind, something he couldn't do enough of last year because of bad service / poor tactics. Giberto is perfect for that.

You're Dike / bruiser will be used depending on the matchup, but will generally be second choice.
    IMO, the high line wasn't the issue. The first half of the season, we were a dangerous counter-attacking team with pace on the flanks. It was when teams sat back (the New Englands, Phillys) that we fell short and couldn't break them down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gilberto still has a lot to prove. 7 goals isn't the greatest start. Can find college players doing that for much less.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO, the high line wasn't the issue. The first half of the season, we were a dangerous counter-attacking team with pace on the flanks. It was when teams sat back (the New Englands, Phillys) that we fell short and couldn't break them down.
    Yes, that's right. It's the weakness of counter attacking football. And without defoe, that tactic worked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree with you there somewhat. Tactically once we were found out we were exposed as one dimensional.

Yes we counter attacked but it was largely through channel play and route 1, not what you'd get gilberto to do ideally. What I'm talking about is breaking down a team that's defensively set or getting the striker to pull off the CBs and get intelligent balls in behind, something we saw very little of. This is exactly what he was asked to do at portugesa with much success.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    Toronto FC is only set at 3 position's. Morrow (RB) Gilberto (ST) Bradley. (CM) We literally need an entire new team if we want to compete. Caldwell could maybe pass as one of our CB's. So that's 4 if you can stomach a 33 year old Caldwell for another year. I don't expect Defoe to be back. I'm not even confident in Bendik. I don't care if i'm asking to much... I'm not stating what I want, i'm stating what TFC needs. I am not asking for luxuries i'm stating what they need. If they want to be competitive and have a chance at the playoffs they need an entire revamp. if they want to be competitive next year they need a MINIMUM of 5 new starters. Osorio, Bloom, jackson etc all bench players. If you think Osorio has IQ you should check your own IQ... He's not very athletic either. I don't care if he's Canadian he sucks and if you disagree your wrong

We need:

A striker to replace Defoe
    A winger to replace jackson
    A winger to replace Oduro
    A Left back to replace Bloom
    A Center back
    A midfielder to compliment Bradley, either attacking or defensive
    And a new Goalie that won't give the ball away every SINGLE possession.

I'm not being picking, these players simply aren't good enough.

That's 7... They need to fix at least 5/7... or get ready for a long year. Without Bradley and Defoe, that Toronto FC would have been historically terrible. Like worse then Montreal and Chivas. A lot worse. If they keep Defoe they need 4 new starters.
    Probably the most spot on assessment of this roster I've seen although you've flipped the flanks in which Bloom and Morrow play (Morrow LB and Bloom RB). Probably a bit harsh on Osorio too, I agree he should not be starting but he definitely does not suck. Bekker on the other hand....let's just say he has his work cut out for him to be nice (ditto Morgan for that matter). Being Canadian is no reason to play somebody if we're claiming to be a fanbase that wants to win.

I'm not sure why this city is so content with mediocrity, the team as it stands will not be competing for the MLS Cup. Regardless what formation is played we definitely need upgrades over Jax and Oduro. Bloom is your run of the mill one dimensional RB but again not starting material on a team that wants to contend.

Agreed entirely that Caldwell should not be seen as a definitive solution at CB. I'd argue we need 2 starting caliber CBs as it stands and 3 if we could be so fortunate as to drop Caldwell's horrible contract.

Warner and Oso should compete for playing time behind a new playmaking Mid to compliment Bradley.

As for Bendik I don't rate him as a starter either but he will do I guess, but only because with the MLS cap it doesn't make much sense to invest too much into a GK.

I would like to see this team taken seriously for once. I might be hated for saying this but I really don't think anyone has done anything worth a damn in a TFC shirt (don't even get me started about the Amway Cup it's so far from a valid counter arguement, it's a 5 team tournament miraculously spanning 2 tiers of a football pyramid that isn't even ours, hosted in the 112th ranked nation of Canada. Still ways to go before that's considered an important trophy.). I get the sentimental value behind Dichio being on the Wall of Honour but really he's far from worth of the spot. Not even sure why Brennan is up there. Hell, we don't even have anybody with >100 MLS appearances. I don't see how we could have anybody that we remotely call a club legend. We need to lose this loser mentality and hopefully keep a solid squad together that can give birth to true legends that win us trophies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no thank you to jozy altidore he's been a joke for Sunderland and we have Gilberto... get a #10 for godsake

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the chances of Altidore succeeding if he returns to MLS are extremely high. I would not be opposed to getting him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If there is a 4th DP then sure why not, Gilberto and Altidore would be a monster duo with a DP CAM providing service.

Niagara Region. Anywhere the RPB are Supporting TFC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree where is the Gilberto hate coming from... Give me a fucking break... New whipping boy already cause he won't score at Defoe GPG rate? ... Toronto fans never happy. We could win the MLS cup and there would be some one saying "this is stupid the banners streaming down arnt long enough pft damn MLSE being cheap again sell Bradley" or some other lunacy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The money would be spent 100 times better if we could get a PROVEN attacking midfielder/playmaker. This team has been lacking creativity for God knows how long

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Met a TFC Source at World Jr Game few days ago said Defoe Gone and Gilberto, Shocked at Gilberto think he had good work rate! Hope he stays 1 more season knowing what to expect from the league, should be good for 10-15 Goals, as long as he can Get Service???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    A good way to engage in dialogue with people on the board is to say that if anyone doesn't agree with you they should have their IQs checked.
    I think it is also very important to have one's spelling and grammar checked when posting on the boards. Yes I checked my IQ at the door!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ANTZ View Post
    Met a TFC Source at World Jr Game few days ago said Defoe Gone and Gilberto, Shocked at Gilberto think he had good work rate! Hope he stays 1 more season knowing what to expect from the league, should be good for 10-15 Goals, as long as he can Get Service???
    Are you saying the person you were talking to said Gilberto is gone as well?! Or are you just shocked at some of the anti-gilberto sentiment shared on this board? From what I have seen from Gilberto, he is an awesome talent who, with service, should be good for at least the amount of goals mentioned above.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by evermorian View Post
    Are you saying the person you were talking to said Gilberto is gone as well?! Or are you just shocked at some of the anti-gilberto sentiment shared on this board? From what I have seen from Gilberto, he is an awesome talent who, with service, should be good for at least the amount of goals mentioned above.
    Yes, doesn't expect to be back. Hope Not I like the guy, has passion and wants to win!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gdg_9 View Post
    Not if the rumours of Red Bull cheapening out on their investment in the team are true
    is this why they fired Petke ?.......a great coach
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by evermorian View Post
    Duane tweeted today that Gilberto sold his house and car. Anyone else hear anything more on this?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    We should just focus on a damn AM and let the next passing fancy go.
    yup and defence please ...............!
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana