Page 130 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134 LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,900 of 3992
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Nelson had them doing 2 a days, or Winsper?

I always thought that part of the injury troubles were also down to a poorly balanced squad where we rely too heavily on a select few players, and we don't rest or rotate them when they need it. Combine that with a trigger happy ownership that sets a tone of looking towards immediate results at all costs, even if that means playing a key player that really needs a rest or rushing a player back from injury. Pure speculation on my part, but something I have wondered about over the years.
    They both had them doing two-a-days, and Winsper added in the ridiculous stair climbing exercises. It's no wonder we were always dumping games after 75 mins. I think you're definitely right about the lack of depth, though. Not only were first teamers overworked, but the backups weren't game ready, even if they had some decent wind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    They both had them doing two-a-days, and Winsper added in the ridiculous stair climbing exercises. It's no wonder we were always dumping games after 75 mins. I think you're definitely right about the lack of depth, though. Not only were first teamers overworked, but the backups weren't game ready, even if they had some decent wind.
    A large part of the dump at the end has been the inability to adjust shape and retain possession in the closing stages (at least in the Winsper era). When teams need to come at us to get a result we've often had no answer except to dump the ball right back out to them. Even the best conditioned teams would suffer under such circumstances.

Now - add grinding the players down to the mix :-(

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keep coming to this thread to see if there is more player moves, speculation, or rumours but this doesn't seem the place anymore......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tuesdays come and gone without a peep from the club in regards to the Gilberto situation. I knew not to expect anything yesterday with the holiday, but I was anticipating some type of media release about Gil today, find it kind of odd that the club has yet to comment on the situation(in regards to the Brazil reports).

I'm wondering if MLS is putting the breaks on this loan, or holding the clubs feet to the fire on it. Is the club getting MLS'd by the league, or are we just slow in acknowledging the transaction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Torontofc.ca website currently lists 28 active players. Subtracting Gilberto leaves 27 of 30 spots filled, but none of TFC's 2015 MLS draftees have been included yet. Even if TFC only signs its three 1st round picks, the roster is full. Further additions would require departures.

I'm JustSaying and this is my first post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Austin Berry's trying to force a move, saying Philly has just left him stuck to get more value out of him:

http://www.phillysoccerpage.net/2015...delphia-union/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JustSaying View Post
    The Torontofc.ca website currently lists 28 active players. Subtracting Gilberto leaves 27 of 30 spots filled, but none of TFC's 2015 MLS draftees have been included yet. Even if TFC only signs its three 1st round picks, the roster is full. Further additions would require departures.

I'm not too worried as I suspect most if not all of the draftees will be offered usl contracts. As you say with Gil gone we have 3 roster spots open, I can see the club leaving those spots open for the summer window. With TFC 2 now in existence their is no real need to fill the back end roster spots anymore, I certainly suspect we will now only see the true "cream" of the academy offered MLS contracts, because there is less of a need to get academy players signed so they don't leave. I just hope that the TFC 2 wages are good enough to keep academy kids working towards the first team and staying with the club longer term.

Does anyone suspect that the academy kids that have left and moved on, would have stayed if they had TFC as an avenue, or were those decent players always going to be leaving anyways?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bono is signed, he`s a GA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kshep View Post
    I'm not too worried as I suspect most if not all of the draftees will be offered usl contracts. As you say with Gil gone we have 3 roster spots open, I can see the club leaving those spots open for the summer window.
    Must admit I am unclear on some of the details about MLS vs USL contracts, but it just sounds too easy to pick a bunch of players in the MLS draft and avoid giving them MLS contracts by putting them on TFC II. Sounds like a huge advantage over MLS teams that don't have their own USL franchise.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GuelphStorm2007 View Post
    I think Fatigue was the main reason for Bradleys decline late in the season he played a lot of footy and he covered a good chunk of the Americas. Plus I think the whole Defoe affair kind of screwed them up also....
    Broken foot didn't help.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If this is true, we are still in the same predicament as previous years. An average to bad team being carried by one or more quality players. A good team will get results without the DP's, the DP's will make them better. LA 2 or 3 years ago were a perfect example. They lost all 3 DP's for a period of time and were still able to get results without them.

That said, obviously your DP's can/should take you up in quality a few notches or they aren't worth the money. I wouldn't expect the same points total over the same set of games with or without the DP's (if so - the DP's would not be performing). But we should be capable of picking up a good number of points without them, and certainly not being in a disastrous state without them.

If we are that dependent on the 3, we will be in trouble when we lose Bradley and Altdiore for the better part of July for the Gold Cup.
    Vanney doesn't think we'll be that bad of without those two and he's preparing for it. He is definitely building the team to be well rounded and have back up at each position. Though job yes, but they're trying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I imagine several of Roberts, Mannella, Hamilton, and Aparicio will be loaned to TFC II. Although I'm not sure if sending a player down to the USL actually removes them from your active roster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even if Bradley goes down, a midfield with Cheyrou, Warner, and Giovinco is still better than any TFC midfield that I can remember. Our non-DP lineup probably looks like

-----------Moore----------
    Lovitz --Osorio---Findley
    ----Cheyrou--Warner----
    Same back line

Not stellar, but not bad either. If one or two of the DPs goes down, these guys should be able to hold it down for a few games.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to the Red Patch Boys Forum, JustSaying. This is a place where many come to do cartwheels one minute and share their tears the next.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Must admit I am unclear on some of the details about MLS vs USL contracts, but it just sounds too easy to pick a bunch of players in the MLS draft and avoid giving them MLS contracts by putting them on TFC II. Sounds like a huge advantage over MLS teams that don't have their own USL franchise.
    That's the idea! Grow the pyramid or walk into the wind.

Welcome JS
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kshep View Post
    Tuesdays come and gone without a peep from the club in regards to the Gilberto situation. I knew not to expect anything yesterday with the holiday, but I was anticipating some type of media release about Gil today, find it kind of odd that the club has yet to comment on the situation(in regards to the Brazil reports).

I'm wondering if MLS is putting the breaks on this loan, or holding the clubs feet to the fire on it. Is the club getting MLS'd by the league, or are we just slow in acknowledging the transaction.
    The official word is often slow in cases like this. The club can not say anything until all the paperwork is finalized. The MLS & MLSE offices would have been closed for the holidays on Monday, but even without a closure, the official word if often days after it' "unofficially official"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    That's the idea! Grow the pyramid or walk into the wind.

Welcome JS
    can TFCII contracts play in MLS? Also, is it a different union, if unionized at all?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    can TFCII contracts play in MLS? Also, is it a different union, if unionized at all?
    I think they are waiting for the new CBA to sort out a bunch of those details. At least that's what I heard Bez say when movement rules were brought up. I imagine there's something in place due to the MLS/USL partnership.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but it just sounds too easy to pick a bunch of players in the MLS draft and avoid giving them MLS contracts by putting them on TFC II. Sounds like a huge advantage over MLS teams that don't have their own USL franchise.
    It is a massive advantage, and that's one of the benefits of fielding a USL team rather than affiliating with one.

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    It is my understanding that USL contracts are not bilateral, meaning you can't be signed to the second team(USL) and be loaned up to the first team. Only MLS contracts are bilateral where they can play in both leagues under the same contract they signed with MLS.

I think there should be some rule where they (USL players/contract) are able to be loaned up (to the MLS) for "3-5" games, and after that they must be offered an MLS contract.

However some rules would have to be in place because if USL contracts were allowed to be loaned up to the MLS team, this would be an extreme advantage in a parity league where TFC could sign the likes of Gilberto to TFCII and loan him up to the first team.

I imagine these are some of the things that are being/need to be sorted out in the new CBA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jahinho_Guerro View Post
    It is a massive advantage, and that's one of the benefits of fielding a USL team rather than affiliating with one.

It is my understanding that USL contracts are not bilateral, meaning you can't be signed to the second team(USL) and be loaned up to the first team. Only MLS contracts are bilateral where they can play in both leagues under the same contract they signed with MLS.

I think there should be some rule where they (USL players/contract) are able to be loaned up (to the MLS) for "3-5" games, and after that they must be offered an MLS contract.

However some rules would have to be in place because if USL contracts were allowed to be loaned up to the MLS team, this would be an extreme advantage in a parity league where TFC could sign the likes of Gilberto to TFCII and loan him up to the first team.

I imagine these are some of the things that are being/need to be sorted out in the new CBA.
    I'd like to see something like that. I'm not looking to game the cap with the USL team, but it's important to the development of these kids to get called up to the first team and get some experience there. But I could see other teams crying foul about that advantage, and parity wins might win out. I wonder if they may end up with some sort of agreement with the USL or select USL teams allowing other teams this opportunity.

However, food for thought. Players sold from the MLS make the MLS money. So it's in the leagues best interest to develop players that move into the first team and get sold on later. I'm sure they are not oblivious to the fact that getting regular playing time and experience in a lower league while getting blooded at a good pace is best for overall player development.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question about the bi-lateral bit - with loaning players down to the USL team. If we had a player that was coming back of injury - could we loan them down for a short period when they come back from injury to build up match fitness? The same way clubs use the reserve squad for this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question about the bi-lateral bit - with loaning players down to the USL team. If we had a player that was coming back of injury - could we loan them down for a short period when they come back from injury to build up match fitness? The same way clubs use the reserve squad for this.
    I think the general answer is yes, but the specific answer might be "it depends." Probably depends on if adding non-Canadian to roster possibly shifts the roster into non-compliance with domestic content minimums.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://futborsa.com.tr/haber/34/1645...yasadi---.html

Found this on reddit. All 3 canuck MLS teams linked to Hutch's expiring contract at Besiktas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Haddy View Post
    http://futborsa.com.tr/haber/34/1645...yasadi---.html

Found this on reddit. All 3 canuck MLS teams linked to Hutch's expiring contract at Besiktas.
    Given that a link with Hutchinson hasn't been reported at all over here, I feel like this site just threw out the 3 Canadian teams as possible destinations because it would make sense, not because it's actually happening. But we'll see I guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like another block buster deal might take place with Balotelli going to Orlando City. Wow !

http://metro.co.uk/2015/03/02/mario-...nsfer-5084796/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That would be an idiotic decision, he will be out of here about a year after he makes the move over. Basically a Defoe 2.0 and half the time out(due to suspension this time).

So many teams in Europe would take the chance on him, I don't see how it happens.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only thing interesting about that is a rumour monger in the UK seems to have heard of Orlando.....maybe they went there on holiday once.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    The only thing interesting about that is a rumour monger in the UK seems to have heard of Orlando.....maybe they went there on holiday once.
    just a reporter looking to make a headline, probably using the Kaka angle as the basis of it, ie 2 ex AC Milan teamates reuniting in Orlando.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    Looks like another block buster deal might take place with Balotelli going to Orlando City. Wow !

i have a friend down in florida right now, want me to mail him my rollerblades?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post

It would be hilarious to the rest of us, disasterious to Orlando. I'd love it to happen!
    Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.
    Roy Keane