Page 120 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,600 of 3992
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW, Cahill has been let go by NYRB.

Probably going to the A League, and would be a huge cap hit, but I wonder what he'd do coming in from the left for us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Hard to be concerned about him when L.A. won a Cup with Josh Saunders.

Relax people. Bendik is no world beater but you don't need one in MLS. If we fail to make the playoffs yet again he will have very little to do with it.
    I'm not sure if that is true. Sure he has great reflexes and comes up with big saves, and in that respect he doesn't need to be a world beater.

However, he's really, really bad at playing the ball out. Game after game goals kicks go out for throw ins, long balls go nowhere, short passes aren't accurate. I

It kills our momentum and keep the momentum in our competitors favor. For a team that doesn't have defensive personnel that have been successful together, I think it might be better to sacrifice a weak goal from time to time that Bendik could have saved for a keeper that can consistently play the ball out accurately.
    Last edited by HeyToronto; 02-02-2015 at 12:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    FWIW, Cahill has been let go by NYRB.

Probably going to the A League, and would be a huge cap hit, but I wonder what he'd do coming in from the left for us.
    Actually I believe he is going to Shanghai, or at least hat is one of the options.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For 3 million a year. He was a DP in NJ he'd be a DP here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This team is wayyyyy past Cahill now. #thankthelord

also because i'd rather give the time to Lovitz to watch him develop.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In all the interviews with our new international signings, they mention 'the project' that is starting here but more specifically the DVD that was sent to outline 'the project'.

Anyone else interested in what's on this video?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry but if Roberts doesn't get a solid look at starting before this Bono kid, then their is zero hope for the future of this team. If we have no interest in seeing our academy kids progress then why have an Academy or sign these kids that you have no intention of actually playing. Roberts has bid his time, if he's not good enough then fine, release him... other wise roll the dice and give the Canadian kid a chance before stuffing another yank in the goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regarding "The Project", these guys are well aware of the track record of the franchise, and the potential for fan support in this city. Ownership is also willing to invest in a winner.

If the current group of players can lead this team to the promised land, they will be etched in the memories of supporters. I think that means something to them.
    Last edited by ManUtd4ever; 02-02-2015 at 04:21 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    then why not play bono considering he has a higher ceiling then bendik
    If he's better right now than Bendik, sure, play him.

Goalkeeping is not an area of concern for this team.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kshep View Post
    I'm sorry but if Roberts doesn't get a solid look at starting before this Bono kid, then their is zero hope for the future of this team. If we have no interest in seeing our academy kids progress then why have an Academy or sign these kids that you have no intention of actually playing. Roberts has bid his time, if he's not good enough then fine, release him... other wise roll the dice and give the Canadian kid a chance before stuffing another yank in the goal.
    TFC is not in a position to roll the dice.

if Roberts is good enough, and he proves himself at USL 2, sure. give him a chance. and he's only what 19? if he develops like he is right now, he'll get his chance in few years. TFC is not in a rush to push Roberts into the deep end yet
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why does Roberts have to prove himself at TFC 2 (which, he did show real well for the hammerheads and last year's friendly) but Bono gets penciled in as backup? Just don't understand the love in for a kid no one has seen play a pro game yet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nationality means nothing. It's about who is better, not about who deserves a shot based on passport or where they came from. If they look at them both in camp and decide Bono is better then we use him. I'd have a lot less faith in this team's future if we went back to putting Canadians or academy kids in our line up over better options.

Besides, we have TFC II now so it's not like he'll rot and no matter what, you need players to field a squad there and I am sure a lot of the academy kids that do get signed there will probably stay there as most of them should. No more Stinsons, Cordons, Makubuyas, etc. taking up rosters spots before they are ready or just to appease the CMNT crowd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With all this transfer talk, I found an interesting article about the steps involved in a transfer. It seems a lot more complicated than I thought.

http://www.bundesliga.com/en/liga/ne...0000311762.php

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why does Roberts have to prove himself at TFC 2 (which, he did show real well for the hammerheads and last year's friendly) but Bono gets penciled in as backup? Just don't understand the love in for a kid no one has seen play a pro game yet.

was at USMNT January camp. How often does Roberts get called up to a lackluster Canadian team?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    was at USMNT January camp. How often does Roberts get called up to a lackluster Canadian team?
    I was going to mention this too. Floro had pretty much been calling up anyone to play for the CMNT during 'phase 1' of the rebuild and Roberts never even got a sniff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Nationality means nothing. It's about who is better, not about who deserves a shot based on passport or where they came from. If they look at them both in camp and decide Bono is better then we use him. I'd have a lot less faith in this team's future if we went back to putting Canadians or academy kids in our line up over better options.

Besides, we have TFC II now so it's not like he'll rot and no matter what, you need players to field a squad there and I am sure a lot of the academy kids that do get signed there will probably stay there as most of them should. No more Stinsons, Cordons, Makubuyas, etc. taking up rosters spots before they are ready or just to appease the CMNT crowd.
    I get that and I agree the best player at a spot should be the one playing, my comments are more akin to the fact that Roberts doesn't even seem to rate a second thought, when by all accounts he did have a good showing last year in usl pro, just find it funny that everyone rates an untested college player so high.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Generation Adidas contract. His salary is not on the books. That's the advantage. And as well they generally think that Bono can learn more by being up on the squad then playing at the USL level.

Does also help he was called into the USMNT camp put of college. That says a lot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    With all this transfer talk, I found an interesting article about the steps involved in a transfer. It seems a lot more complicated than I thought.

http://www.bundesliga.com/en/liga/ne...0000311762.php
    Reminds me of this.

I wonder what the MLS transfer process looks like. Lol.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get that and I agree the best player at a spot should be the one playing, my comments are more akin to the fact that Roberts doesn't even seem to rate a second thought, when by all accounts he did have a good showing last year in usl pro, just find it funny that everyone rates an untested college player so high.
    If it were me I would have rather had Roberts behind Bendik than Konopka.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the BBC today:

Sometimes a club signs a player and it gives the dressing room a lift. But it is not very often a player signs for a club and the entire city is lifted! That is what has happened in Sunderland since Jermain Defoe arrived on Wearside. It reminds me of the optimism generated by Sunderland fans when Kevin Phillips was in the side. Phillips was a proven goalscorer who wouldn't let the fans down and they grew to love him as a consequence. I see the same relationship developing between Sunderland fans and Defoe. The 32-year-old former Tottenham striker scored his side's second goal to seal victory over Burnley, his first for the club since joining from Toronto. It's good to see Jermain back in the Premier League.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, I just do not care how Defoe is being seen in the English media and their ADD minds.

He's no longer my concern.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Never mind that ... when was the last time Bendik got a USMNT call up. It's not just Roberts that has to watch out for Bono taking his spot. If Klinsmann thinks Bono should be called up before Bendik, Joe boy better watch out too. He might be the backup!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    From the BBC today:

Sometimes a club signs a player and it gives the dressing room a lift. But it is not very often a player signs for a club and the entire city is lifted! That is what has happened in Sunderland since Jermain Defoe arrived on Wearside. It reminds me of the optimism generated by Sunderland fans when Kevin Phillips was in the side. Phillips was a proven goalscorer who wouldn't let the fans down and they grew to love him as a consequence. I see the same relationship developing between Sunderland fans and Defoe. The 32-year-old former Tottenham striker scored his side's second goal to seal victory over Burnley, his first for the club since joining from Toronto. It's good to see Jermain back in the Premier League.
    Sure you didn't mean to put this in the Former TFC player/coach/staff new thread? Defoe is off our books, so this no longer has anything to do with current off-season player moves/speculation/etc...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ottawa Fury Fc just tweeted that they will be playing a friendly vs TFC on March 6th here in Toronto at KIA TRAINING GROUNDS.I assume it will be TFC 2 or maybe even the

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN 6m6 minutes ago Giovinco expected in Toronto as early as Thursday. He'll join TFC for pre-season when club returns from Orlando.

Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN 3m3 minutes ago
    Gilberto hasn't been sold, contrary to reports. TFC still exploring all options with the player and MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me, I think preseason will determine what the depth chart looks likes. However are preseason depth chart looks like this:

1. Bendik
    2. Konopka
    3. Roberts
    4. Bono

However I can see Roberts and Bono sharing minutes on the reserve squad to start.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN 6m6 minutes ago Giovinco expected in Toronto as early as Thursday. He'll join TFC for pre-season when club returns from Orlando.

Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN 3m3 minutes ago
    Gilberto hasn't been sold, contrary to reports. TFC still exploring all options with the player and MLS.
    With this weather, he's going to step outside the airport and then book a one way ticket back to Torino, LOL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    With this weather, he's going to step outside the airport and then book a one way ticket back to Torino, LOL.
    you should see his comment on tfcs last insta pic, he's gotta good sense of humour

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    From the BBC today:

And that's what he was looking for.......it's all about MEEEEEEE ! .........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    Altidore 35
    Moore 1
    Findley 22
    Giov. 0 (obviously a bust)
    Bradley. 0
    Osorio 1
    Jackson 2
    Lovitz 16
    Aparicio 18
    Defence 25

That's how the season will go. Book it.
    You should change your Board Name to Nostradamus, with all of the predictions you seem to be making,lol